Please tell me we won't be washed out

rugrat

Earning My Ears
We leave for our first trip to WDW. The forecast looks like thunderstorms/rain all week! Can this true??? What can you do at WDW during the rain? We are staying at WL. Any suggestions or encouraging words are greatly appreciated!

First of all, the forecast said that it would be sunny the entire first week of Aug. when we went and it rained every single day except for one. And I'm not talking about a brief 30 minute daily shower either. It rained on and off for the majority of the day - we had a fabulous time - in fact when the sun did pop out and I felt the heat - I wished it would rain again! The only things that were closed were the pools and waterparks (if there was a likelihood of lightening). Most people run for cover during a rain shower but my son and I ran for the biggest attractions/ rides - in our ponchos of course! We usually went back to the hotel in the afternoon to rest, change into dry clothes etc. we did have to do laundry twice in 6 days...but all in all it was great! Also, we took one sports bottle of Kool-Aid into the parks each morning and refilled at the hotel in the afternoon. Since it wasn't hot, we weren't as thirsty as I'd planned for us to be! I'm sure you'll enjoy your vacation even with the rain!

Have no fear. The weather forecast in Florida is always the same during the summer months: hot and humid with scattered thunderstorms and highs in the low 90s. Barring another tropical storm, you will probably see plenty of sunshine on your vacation. Afternoon thunderstorms are a fact of life in central Florida, and believe me, you will be thankful for them.

We just returned from WDW and the forecast for our week was chance of rain everyday. Well, it rained 1 night for about 1hour(we enjoyed Epcot)one afternoon there was a sun shower about 3p.m.(we kept on swimming)only lasted 15 min. and 1 other early afternoon there was a thunder stormfor about 1/2hr(some of our party waited it out at the waterpark and enjoyed no crowds and the rest of us enjoyed the time resting since we had already done ee that morning) There is always the chance of rain in Fl. Just grab a poncho and make the best of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter