Pleasure Island

angey77

DIS Veteran
This will be my eighth time to Disney, but my first trip to Pleasure Island. How much can one plan to spend on a Saturday night? What's the price range on drinks and what are the best clubs to hit?
One more thing, I remember way back that if you got to Pleasure Island by a certain time, there was no charge for admission. Is this the case?

I'd love to knwo about the drinks issue also.

As for getting in to PI as far as I know after 9 you have to have a ticket? or is it 8? At any rate I know earlier in the day you can wander about with no addmission.

I don't think so. I think you need the wrist band that identies your age for drinks.
I happen to like the Adventures club. You can eat in the restuarants within paying for PI. but I think that is all.

Pleasure Island opens at 7:00pm. Drinks are 5.75-6.50 depends on what kind of Licquor is in it! :D I will be there on Super Bowl Sunday, so I guess my friend and I will be the ONLY ones there!:rolleyes: ;) LOL!

The clubs open at 7 or 8 (varies by club), and nobody is admitted to any of the clubs unless they have proof they paid their admission. If they showed id to prove they're 21 or older, they'll have a wristband. If they're 18-20 they'll have a stamp on their wrist. People under 18 have to be with their parent, and will have a stamp on their wrist.

Until 9pm anyone is allowed to enter and wander the street - but only people with the wristband can buy a drink outside and only those with the wristband or stamp can enter the clubs. Except for watching the band perform their first set, there's nothing for people to do who haven't paid the admission.

The choice for "best clubs to hit" depends mostly on what your taste is. My wife, our friends and myself went in May. We first hit The Pleasure Island Jazz Company, which featured a really good modern jazz group. Then we went to 8TRAX, which was like stepping back into the 70's disco clubs. We then did the Happy New Year street party, which featured some awesome dancing on the outdoor stage, fireworks, etc. During the midnight countdown, my wife needed to use the restroom and went to the nearest club she could find. She came back and told us we had to try it next. That's when we discovered the Adventurers Club. This club is fabulous! It features an ensemble cast that is supposed to be the membership of a 1930's explorer club. If you're into sattire and slapstick humor (kind of like the old Carol Burnett show), this is the place for you. The cast moves from room to room and the guests follow them. A great time!
Which ever clubs you decide on, make sure you bring sufficient money. As mentioned, the drinks are a little pricey ($5-$7 each).
Enjoy!

Definitely go to the Comedy Warehouse, it is a riot! It is located right across from the Adventurer's Club (which is also good but not nearly as good as CW, IMHO). The shows tend to get better as the night goes on and people are not there with young children; children in the audience do restrict the CMs show somewhat--which is a shame! The young children would probably be much happier at a Disney babysitting club vs an adult comedy club and the adults at CW who want to enjoy an early show would be happier with just an adult audience! But definitely do not miss CW!

I've never been to PI before but I'm taking my DD 25 and DD 18 and DD's BF 20 who want to go.... will there be enough there to do that they will have fun?
and what night of the week does anyone reccomend? I don't want to go when it's too crowded.
Thanks
MJ

There will definitely be enough to do at PI that they will enjoy themselves. Weekend nights are more crowded than week nights and either Tues or Thurs night is CM night, I forget which, so it is more crowded then also.

Cast Member night is Thursday. It's a great time to go and meet some people. Just crowded enough to make it fun (if you go when nobody's there it's kinda boring)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter