Pllaning on trip in December

lazarru

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of going down in December, leaving on the 23rd to be back home for christmas with the family. At what point do the crowds pick up for Christmas? We're looking at about 7-8 days at disney, 15th-23. Should we expect larger type crowds the whole time or just the last few days?

Anyone have any ballpark for what kind of discounts we might be able to get? Thinking of staying at All-star most of time, possibly AKL for a couple of days for the experience. Trying to plan a budget but not sure what kind of price I can expect to pay. I know as long as we check in prior to the 19th we'll get the value price but if we switch resorts the last couple of days to AKL do we still get value on it or is it holiday price? I have a feeling it's holiday price which would mean we would need to do that the 1st few days but don't know if we'll be spoiled by doing it that way.

Thanks for the help

If you switch after the 19th you will get charged Holiday Prices. Crowds pick up around the 20th because the kids are out of school and even the locals come out to play. All Stars - IF there is a code, you might be able to get $69 a night. If not, maybe DC or AAA rate might be your best shot if there are rooms available at those rates. You better call sooner than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter