• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pls tell me there's hope!

Momma2PrinceNPrinces

DIS Veteran
I am having a terrible time getting Character breakfast ADRs for 8 people. It is such a bummer because I thought we were going at a slower time....I must have been SO wrong! So far we've only been able to get into Cape May which wasn't our first choice. I keep checking for other restaurants to open up times, but so far no luck :sad2:

Have you tried looking for 2 openings for 4? The system is odd sometimes when looking for large groups. If you only find one 4, you could reserve it and keep looking for another 4. I guarantee you are going to have a much easier time looking for 4s than 8s.

Maybe try for 2 groups of 4 and then ask to be seated together? Worth a shot. Keep trying, checking 3 times a day if needed. When I haven't been able to schedule at 180 days out, I have always had luck eventually finding the popular ADRs I needed by stalking the website.

Have you tried looking for 2 openings for 4? The system is odd sometimes when looking for large groups. If you only find one 4, you could reserve it and keep looking for another 4. I guarantee you are going to have a much easier looking for 4s than 8s.

Great minds think alike! :)

We are a party of 6 going in October and I just booked in the last week or so. We got Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine. There wasn't a ton available but we were able to get a few top picks and then I made some compromises. What are your top choices?

When I made reservation for a trip a few years ago there was 17 of us and most of the time we had 3 separate reservations, usually within a few mins of each other. When we would check in we would tell them we were all together and we were always seated either at one long table or small tables close together. We had many character meals. I would call and make your reservation over the phone, they will try hard to get you what you want.

Can the CMs make separate reservations? It can't be done online, right?

It CAN be done online, but the website is super slow (in our case, anyhow) and quite unreliable. Personally, I like talking to a real person making sure they know EXACTLY what I want.

As people above mentioned, keep checking. People drop their reservations all the time, sometimes even the day before, because they decide to do something different. Do not lose hope! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter