Plus Size - Rides?

ratcatshell13

Earning My Ears
Haven't been in 10 years and I remember reading threads before about which rides where more difficult for plus size individuals. My husband is around 290 and carries his weight in the middle. I'm worried about lap bars not closing. Don't want him to be embarrassed so trying to plan ahead. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Flight of passage and Tron will probably be the ones to be aware of. There are test seats that he can try. For tron I believe there is alternative seating if the regular don't work.

If he has any height on him as well, then Mine Train could be an issue. I’m around 6’ (but only around 150), and the leg space is not the most comfortable, plus they’re individual molded seats, not a bench like Big Thunder.

A google search of “WDW tip for persons of size” brought up many helpful sites:
Portly Passengers
Maddy Gutierrez
Plus Mommy
As well as several YouTube videos by Jason Vaughn

Good luck.

Haven't been in 10 years and I remember reading threads before about which rides where more difficult for plus size individuals. My husband is around 290 and carries his weight in the middle. I'm worried about lap bars not closing. Don't want him to be embarrassed so trying to plan ahead. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Lap bars won't give him trouble. Just don't place a child next to him on Big Thunder Mountain as there will be too much room between the child and the lap bar when it comes down.

Seven Dwarves Mine Train can be a little tight as the seating is narrow.

Both Tron and Flight of Passage can be a problem for people with big calves. Both have locking mechanisms that clamp down on your legs. My DH has large calves and he is able to ride both, so make sure to check out the test seats first.

Astro Orbiter can't hold two adults if one is bigger.

I’m only a little bigger than your husband, and also carry most my weight in the stomach. I would say there won’t be an issue. Although I haven’t tried FOP, Tron, or Guardians yet. FOP and Tron seem to give some people issues, but at least Tron you can ride a regular seat if he’s too big to ride the bike. Test seat out front so won’t have any embarrassing issues.

The only ride I won’t try again because of my size is Astro orbiter. While I did fit, it was a little rough to get out of the seat. I had to kind of turn my body sideways, just couldn’t push myself straight up. Other than that I don’t have issues with any rides, and even that one I could fit in if I really liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter