"Plussing" my April trip

ckelly14

DIS Veteran
We take a trip to Disney every 18 months or so. The good news is I have Marriott points for the room and we live within a day's drive, so I usually splurge on something during the trip: after hours, special dining, dessert parties, tours, etc.

Kind of at a loss on what, if anything, we should add to our current trip April 14-19. None of the after hours events fit our schedule, and I'm not finding any tours to interest me.

Anyone want to suggest their favorite special events?

Thanks!

Did you check into the aquarium experiences in Epcot? Or dining with an Imagineer in HS?

Did you check into the aquarium experiences in Epcot? Or dining with an Imagineer in HS?

Aquarium experiences- I will look into it

Do you run. That's star wars run Weekend

Crap. No, I don't run (sitting at home rehabbing from hip surgery from old football injury as we speak) and I didn't see that listed on my plans. We are doing SWGE on Thursday and hope it's not too crowded!

I can recommend Circle of Flavors Harambe nights. We did this in October and had a fantastic time . https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/circle-of-flavors-harambe-at-night/
This is offered every Wednesday evening at AK.

Wow, what a find. Thank you. My avatar pic is from the original Harambe Nights (we went on opening day) in 2016. Still talk about it as one of the best Disney nights we ever had! I have 4 park tickets so I was slated for Epcot on Weds. May have to switch Epcot to Sat, which I hate to do because of Flower and Garden. Decisions. decisions!!

Thanks again.

There's the Luau at the Poly. Early Morning Magic at magic kingdom is awesome.

We do the HEA dessert party every year, we love not having to stress over a spot. We also frequently do a fireworks cruise, the pirates and pals is great.

the Jungle Trek has been my most favorite thing I have ever done at Disney
the NBA Experience is new and looks like fun!

We did Pirates and Pal Fireworks voyage and had a blast. Not certain of your traveling party but I think for any age this would be a great time.

We have 2 children, 14 and 15, so not sure about pirates and pals, but I'll take a look. Maybe the Epcot cruise?

Did the Wild Africa Trek 3 years ago and agree it was top notch.

I am plussing my trip with the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour, and the Villains After Hours event!
I can't tell you, yet, how good they are, but, those were my picks.

I added Hoop Dee Doo for the day of our arrival (no park scheduled). Thanks for the tip!

I did the Keys to the Kingdom a few years ago, which I loved, but not sure for the rest of the family.

What have you heard about Villians after hours?

Agree that the HEA gives you great bang for your buck if your avoiding the masses. I rented a private boat for MK fireworks one year, not sure if I really liked it as much as the projections are really a major part of the entertainment.

I added Hoop Dee Doo for the day of our arrival (no park scheduled). Thanks for the tip!

I did the Keys to the Kingdom a few years ago, which I loved, but not sure for the rest of the family.

Busier than regular after hours, not as busy as parties. Seems like fun. I've never done ANY after hours or parties (just Pirates and Pals with my son) so, I have nothing to compare it to. I am hoping it won't be TOO busy, I want to ride some rides, see the fireworks, and try some treats. The reviews I have seen make it look fun.
It is running at the same time as regular after hours (on different days) this year, so may be less busy.

If you want something different just for an experience, how about checking out the Amphibacar at Disney Springs? I have done it. Pleasant ride but not worth repeating. There is a photographer on hand to take photos.

I'd definitely do Villians if it aligned with my trip. The atmosphere is awesome (from what I can imagine). Take a look at this to see if it interests you
villians

Harambe Nights is another I'd try if available during a trip.
harambe

Neither has disappointed in all the posts I've read and come highly recommended.

My daughter would be up for late night, but I'm not sure about the rest of my family. Thinking strongly about Harambe but that will make me go to Epcot on Sat, which I am loath to do during flower and garden.

Maybe if I just reserve a table service dinner on Sat in Epcot, and watch Epcot Forever, it may be doable. I don't see me walking around World Showcase on a Sat night. Thoughts??

I decided on the Galactic Spectacular dessert party, when it comes available. Harambe was a close second, but I don't want to be in Epcot on the weekend. Thanks to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter