• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't know how good that makes me feel. Thanks:flower3:

Well hon, I don't know what happened, nor do I want you to tell it, but jump right in.

Don't worry about trying to keep up with everyone and everything, this is a huge thread with many people. But they'll all love you, I assure you. :thumbsup2

Hi all :wave2: The chatters have run me off so I would like to join ya'll if thats ok.

Paige-I agree, take the vacation!

Run you off? :eek: Stay here with us. I'll make jello shots and we'll celebrate!

He isn't being angry, he's acting wounded.

:hug: Hi Kimmie, welcome home.

He's acting wounded because he's angry. Whatever. Tell him to stop being selfish and think of the opportunity for the kids.

Hi DRG! Pull up a chair, some coffee and join the fun!

Paige-my DH was miffed when I took the boys to Disney in April, but it was such an opportunity for Aaron there was no way I was going to have him miss it and me not being there to see it. My DH grumbled for a long time thinking I would cave but I didn't. I stood my ground and went, which truthfully I'm a bit surprised I did. LOL

Go, have fun and don't let your DH make you feel bad about it. Whenever he says anything just gently remind him how its a great opportunity for the kids and you don't want them to miss it. Just kee making it about the kids. IT won't tke long for him to see you are serious about going and he'll probably back down.

He told me to ask the kids. Ask the kids? This is not a kid decision. I won't be asking the kids. I told him you know they'll want to go and he said it again. Uh uh. I am not leaving that to be possibly brought up to them later. No way.

:thumbsup2 I think that seems to be the consensus.

Looks like it. I see why you're a little unsure, though. It would really suck for you to tell the kids, make plans, prepare, and have him give you grief about it the whole time. :hug:

I left this over there Kim, but I'd better copy it over here.

Happy Late Birthday Kim!!!!!!!!!!!

the4035d59.gif

caterpillarcupcakes.jpg

Birthday cupcakes for the birthday girl.

thcow_coke-1.jpg
thPicture106.jpg

Drinks and pizza for everybody.........

SanibelIsland016.jpg
Dolphin watching for Kimmie.

So last night I emailed the campground we are going to to in August to verify my dates. I don't know why, just did. They sent me back an email that they had cancelled my reservation back in January because they didn't recieve a deposit. I never had to pay a deposit before, just paid at checkin. (It's a new policy).
So, I called this morning and rebooked, had to pay IN FULL, and we lost our preferred campsite. :guilty:
I think we'll like the one they gave us though. The site we like is real big but people like to cut across it which drives my DH nuts. This new one is about 5 sites over, still big but a little more secluded. Hopefully it will be ok.

I'm sure glad I got that urge to confirm.

So last night I emailed the campground we are going to to in August to verify my dates. I don't know why, just did. They sent me back an email that they had cancelled my reservation back in January because they didn't recieve a deposit. I never had to pay a deposit before, just paid at checkin. (It's a new policy).
So, I called this morning and rebooked, had to pay IN FULL, and we lost our preferred campsite. :guilty:
I think we'll like the one they gave us though. The site we like is real big but people like to cut across it which drives my DH nuts. This new one is about 5 sites over, still big but a little more secluded. Hopefully it will be ok.

I'm sure glad I got that urge to confirm.

That was lucky! And you just gave me a great idea. I was thinking what we were going to do on our stopover night on the way to SC........we're going to Myrtle Beach, Tig's family is the one offering us housing, isnt' that nice of them?They are going for a baseball tourney..........didn't want to pay for a hotel really, maybe we'll take the tent and grab a primitive spot along the way. Unless we can find a PMSer who lives along the path who will put us up for a night. (that's not too obvious a hint is it?).

My hand is almost back to normal.

Pics please. Not that I don't beleive you. :rolleyes1

Hello.

SO............here's a question..............and Lara, you know me, so it's okay, hon ;) .............we have an opportunity to spend a week at the beach for mere gas money in getting there and food we would have eaten at home anyway. Dh though, has no vacation time, so wouldn't be able to go with us. But what an opportunity for the kids!!!!!! They've not been to the ocean since one was a baby and one was 8. Dh doesn't like the idea of us going without him. I'm sorry he can't go, but I hate to have the kids miss out because of that.

When I was a kid, we often went off for a week or so without Dad, and the kids often also went off without both parents to grandparents' for several weeks. His family never went anywhere other than to move.

We'll never be able to do a week at the beach like this, because whenever we get that kind of money together we go to Disney. ;)

So what's my question? I don't know, I guess I just wonder what your opinions are, again.

GO Vz. GO! Tell him the Dr said the kids need alone time with mom due to all the stress of the recent year.

You can't know how good that makes me feel. Thanks:flower3:

Hi! Welcome back. :)

That was lucky! And you just gave me a great idea. I was thinking what we were going to do on our stopover night on the way to SC........we're going to Myrtle Beach, Tig's family is the one offering us housing, isnt' that nice of them?They are going for a baseball tourney..........didn't want to pay for a hotel really, maybe we'll take the tent and grab a primitive spot along the way. Unless we can find a PMSer who lives along the path who will put us up for a night. (that's not too obvious a hint is it?).

NY isn't that far out of the way. Only 13 hours N of Myrtle Beach.

Paige, that was a real nice offer by Tig and I can see why you wouldn't want to pass it up. What do you figure is a halfway point?

Paige, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to make that offer, but you know I would. :hug:

Tig, that's awfully nice of you. You're a pretty cool lady. :hug:

Good morning to all those wandering in and out!

Paige, that was a real nice offer by Tig and I can see why you wouldn't want to pass it up. What do you figure is a halfway point?

About Birmingham. It's a little more than halfway, but I'd like to go farther the first day.

It was a really nice offer. Originally I was bringing my baby things to Ash and she said if I wanted to come at these dates, then she'd be there and we were welcome to come stay. But Ash has what she needs mostly now, and Tig says the offer still stands.

Paige, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to make that offer, but you know I would. :hug:

Tig, that's awfully nice of you. You're a pretty cool lady. :hug:

Good morning to all those wandering in and out!

That's sweet of you too. :hug:

And she is very cool. I look forward to it, and the kids would love it. :thumbsup2 Her youngest and my youngest get along famously. And of course, so do we. :teeth:

Paige--:love: Go and don't worry about it.:hug:

Hi Kim :wave: good to see you.

Hi all:yay:

So last night after dinner I went over to check the mail, and the little crocs that Bomb sent Molly (the ones her daughter rejected :rotfl: ) were in the mail. Molly refuses to take them off. She slept in them.

I am the mother of a croc-loving kid. :blush:

Oh, and thanks Bomb. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter