PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aimee K said:
Bomb don't go. I so rarely get you live and in person :cool1:

You've seen me live and in person more than most DISers. :teeth:

OK, I need to go to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow and I was up late last night.
I'm sure it will be an interesting thing to catch up on later...

SillyMe said:
Sheesh, you guys talked too much today. I can't go back and read everything. :confused3

OMG I never try to catch up I just read the last 2 pages and then say HI I'M HERE!

Oh by the way HI I'm HERE!!

Briarmom said:
You've seen me live and in person more than most DISers. :teeth:

OK, I need to go to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow and I was up late last night.
I'm sure it will be an interesting thing to catch up on later...

Darn I missed Briarmom again! HUGGSSS and have a good night!

tevagirl said:
Silly, how did your mom make out?
The oncologist scheduled her for a PET scan next week. He wants to see if the cancer is anywhere else in her body b/c he's puzzled as to why it came back this soon. He's not leaning toward chemo right now, but the outcome will depend on the PET scan results. He said her type of cancer was more localized and with the HRT, lumpectomy and radiation last year, she should not have had a recurrence this fast to warrant a mastectomy. He said all the odds are in her favor of NOT having a recurrence, possibly ever, but he's still puzzled about this recurrence. So, he's doing the PET scan, then he'll make the decision about the chemo. He did sound very positive, though.

Silly--that is definately not he worst news you could have gotten. I have a LOOOOONG history of cancer in my family, including a 1 yr old brother (20 yrs ago).

I am always here if you need to chat. :grouphug:

tevagirl said:
Feeling better, FW? :Pinkbounc How's Baby Amelia?

Yes I am feeling a lot better thanks Teva. I haven't seen baby Amelia yet (sick and all) want to make sure I got no bugs when I go see the baby. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom sillyme I hope she gets better soon. I will remember her in my prayers.

Can I change the DIS Veteran thing w/out losing my tag?

I am really just holding on to it for T&B until she's off the naughty mat.

Silly, your mom will continue to be in my prayers. It's good that the doctor is being extra vigilant.

Tiffer said:
Can I change the DIS Veteran thing w/out losing my tag?

I am really just holding on to it for T&B until she's off the naughty mat.

Don't mess around in the 'tag area'! It's too dangerous.

SillyMe said:
The oncologist scheduled her for a PET scan next week. He wants to see if the cancer is anywhere else in her body b/c he's puzzled as to why it came back this soon. He's not leaning toward chemo right now, but the outcome will depend on the PET scan results. He said her type of cancer was more localized and with the HRT, lumpectomy and radiation last year, she should not have had a recurrence this fast to warrant a mastectomy. He said all the odds are in her favor of NOT having a recurrence, possibly ever, but he's still puzzled about this recurrence. So, he's doing the PET scan, then he'll make the decision about the chemo. He did sound very positive, though.
You know you and your mom are in my prayers :grouphug:

Thanks everyone. :goodvibes Tiffer, I'm sorry about your baby brother. :grouphug: My family has a long history of cancer, too. My dad died from lung and brain cancer at 39 years old. My two uncles (mom's brothers) both have been battling cancer for a few years now. One has kidney cancer. The other has colon & lung cancer. I wish they'd find a damn cure already.

SillyMe said:
Thanks everyone. :goodvibes Tiffer, I'm sorry about your baby brother. :grouphug: My family has a long history of cancer, too. My dad died from lung and brain cancer at 39 years old. My two uncles (mom's brothers) both have been battling cancer for a few years now. One has kidney cancer. The other has colon & lung cancer. I wish they'd find a damn cure already.

Oh no, don't be sorry, he survied, withonly a 20% chance to live 6 mos!!!!
Complete bone marrow transplant at JohnsHopkins, max chemo & max radiation at Yale.

Neuroblastoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter