Votes: 54 41.5%
  • I like Pocahontas, but not Mulan

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • I like Mulan, but not Pocahontas

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I like them both!

Votes: 45 34.6%

• Total voters
I wonder if we will see new dolls/toys with the new outfits. I think it's just too far from the movie to be instantly recognizable. Boy what I wouldn't give to meet Mulan as Ping!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Mulan's, it's absolutely stunning!! HOWEVER, I do wish they'd gone with the color scheme of PP's user pic's dress!! THAT is the outfit that Mulan chooses HERSELF to wear, and truly represents her! It's always bothered me that she's out in her matchmaker dress since she hated it so much, and Ping wasn't truly her either! Let her wear the green, and she should have her medal for defeating the Huns somewhere in her costume.

Poca's has grown on me since I first saw it, but I think the satchel needs to go and her necklace needs to come back.

I'm a little worried about Jas & Aladdin's that are coming out in the next couple months, I've heard that Jas's is VERY "different" and that some people don't like it...

That being said, there could very well be changes to all the costumes after they've been out a while, impractical for performers/florida heat/look/comments, etc. Gaston got his costume tweaked a few times, all the princesses had signature shoes when their redesigns were released and now only Cinderella does. Aurora's whole dress had to go back to the fairies for more work for MONTHS afterwards. Im just hoping once Jas's is out they go back and fix Elsa's bodice! It just doesn't lay right!

Most of the redesigns have been to keep the costumes moving with the times, and keep the merchandise moving with times, and of course, money. A girl has Cinderella's old dress, goes to meet Cindy, sees her new dress, sees it in the shops in kids sizes, and automatically wants it, now you're buying more than one princesses outfit and not because of size either. I also find when I look back on the older designs that I am glad they redesigned them, they've been the same for so long, I do wish they'd been kept closer movie accurate for some though! (Ariel's new dress irks me the most....)

Wow. So odd to take away her mother's necklace from Pocahontas. Not a fan of that change, at all.

For those who want to see Mulan as Ping in the parks, you have to go to Shanghai. I just saw the parade and Ping is in there. Not sure if she meets somewhere, but it's Ping. :)

I would not have known that was Mulan and not just someone in the China showcase dressed up.

Pocahantas is fine, but I wish they hadn't changed her necklace. That necklace was important.

Both dresses are fine with me, but Pocahontas should have her signature necklace, and Mulan's hair is weird... she isn't supposed to have bad bangs, she is supposed to have a little chunk that doesn't quite stay back... the new hair is bad.

Disney's costumes for the princesses have always been the weak link in their characters. They never match the movies and the new ones look like they're geared more toward the redesign (why change the color of Pocahontas's necklace?). The details are always wrong for the costumes (not just the color, since Cinderella should be silver, Ariel should be pink, Aurora should be blue, etc.) but the actual overall design never matches up with the movies, so this is no different.

I didn't want to open a new thread about it, but I came across this on my FB timeline, apparently Jasmine's new costume is out? People in the reactions weren't sure if it was real, anyone here who is there now and have seen Jasmine?

29xzix.png

I like Mulan's for sure, but is Mushu back in China, or is that pic from Shanghai?

I think both dresses are pretty, but not indicative of the characters they're supposed to be for.

Yes that's the magic. I just showed dd the new Pocahontas and she wrinkled her nose and said I don't like it. We missed Pocahontas two years ago when we were there and that is all I have heard since. When we go back I want to se Pocahontas. Well we are going in one month and after seeing that photo she doesn't really want to see her anymore. Kids connect with the movie versions of the character and when you go changing them too much the loose that connection.

@mom2rtk - Ahh, you are probably right! We saw Jasmine in Epcot (and DHS CharacterPalooza) so that's why the background looked "wrong."

I thought perhaps the photo was from Shanghai Disneyland. I don't like this new outfit. :sad2:

I like Mulan's new wig way better, the dress is okay. Pocahontas's dress is also okay, I completely understand changing the necklace as the old one was a pain for costuming... don't know if the new one will be any better, but I'd hope so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter