Podcast 101 (for the newbies, oldies and addicted) Updated

mommyceratops

<font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color
I thought a thread might be good to help the newbies catch up!

First of all welcome, you have stumbled on one of the best (JMO it is the best) podcasts on Disney and message board.

What you need to know:

The Bob Factor: Bob – Bawb – or BAAWWB – (from Boston with an accent) Yes, they LOVE Bob! They really do, they are all great friends it is all done in harmless fun. Bob is a wonderful friend to them and they respect his friendship, even if they are hard on him they do love him. They will all tell you Bob is a great guy.

Come on he has to have the best job in the world! He gets paid to nap at Disney World!

Kevin - I will give that two hidden Mickey’s (not gonna happen): he does not rate them with stars or Mickey heads because he gives the good and bad (and the ugly -sad little crab cake from Coral Reef ) in a well rounded way. To review it on the star system does not give it the full review and locks it in to that.
Kevin also encourages you to go and make your own opinion about the restaurant.

Julie and CorEy are married (and have to be the cutest couple! ) do not worry CorEy has noted everything for their anniversary and would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Pete (an honarable man - listen to the 3/18/08 show) is the owner of the Dis and Disboards and part owners in Dreams Unlimited Travel. Scar is Peter’s significant other, who had an appendectomy recently.

John is one of the owners of Dreams Unlimited and part owner in Dreams Villas with Kevin.

Will is a designer who works with Corey, he is new to the whole “Disney” thing. No he is not dating Ursalasshodows daughter *yet (they are an arranged marriage that is sort of forced).

Alex is a webmaster on the boards also and visits

Reginna is producer and makes ADR’s at 7:00am at Chef Mickey’s (Even, I know Kevin doesn’t do breakfast LOL)

Figaro is Peter and John’s cat that they share custody of. (confused? Kevin and John are partners :thumbsup2 )
Max is Peters puppy or dog…the DIS mascot

"Hello Anthony!" Anthony is a boy who wrote to the team about his love for Disney.

To quote Kevin in a past post "There is not an "Anthony" show exactly.

Anthony's Mom wrote to us and told us how he was a bit down. Anthony loves Disney and is at a young age in life where his peer group is being less than supportive or understanding....or even nice.
Let's face it....kids can be brutal when you dont fit the streotype and have thoughts and ideas that dont 100% mesh with theirs....in other words being a bit different in ANY way.
She explained that Anthony was happy to hear that people could have jobs where they thought and talked about Disney and that some day Anthony hoped to become an Imagineer.

We read the email during an email show...and while I dont remember the date...it might be far enough back that it was still part of the regular show.
Anthony's story touched all of us....but it really struck home with me. I've spent alot of my life being "a bit different" and I have had to explain, if not defend my love of Disney and after reading these boards and talking to people...it seems that many of us have to explain why we wanted to go to WDW again and again, We have had to defend our decision with friends, family, co-workers etc...

I realized that Anthony represented alot of us and thought that he should become part of every show. While I know that he still listens and is doing quite well......he has come to represent a much larger group of people....the
Disney lovers who deal with people not lucky enough to get the Disney gene.
So ...for each and every one of you out there......each week I say HI ANTHONY!!!!"

Segments:
Kevin: Does Dining Review!
Julie: Shopping Reviews!
Bob: Send Bob to the Parks, Kahrt Kam, Nap spots, Photography
CorEy: Pool and Work out room review, Photography
Peter: Spa Review (we need a new one!) :) Stays up all night to put our PodCast up - We love you Pete!
John A new fun game called "where in the World is John" brought to you by Korben his youngest fan (my DS4 :confused3 )
CorEy and Julie a Couple Things To Do

Want more! We all do, don't worry!
June 12th 2007 is a great episode to go and get history it is 10th anniversary episode! So go back and listen.

INDEX See a sticky thread by dec2901 Dis Index

Ok are you addicted now? There is help!
Thread Here

BLOG! Pod Blog Need a daily fix! Check this out!!

If you read this far you do need help! Go to the thread above! :love:
But most of welcome! It is a lot of fun!!

Updated 3/30/08 WildeOscar and the great Pete Hunt! This will be infamous in the future! WildeOscar drove down from Ohio to "stalk" Pete at Universal on a Saturday night bringing us all along in the virtual world for what turned out to be a good time for all! Click here WildeOscar won the Pod Cruise and was able to get his iPhone up long enough to see the word Valet Parking!

As a newbie who somehow is addicted enough to figure most of it out I thank you....but I am also in denial. I don't want help I come here to be enabled

You're trying to get stickied again, aren't you?! You've felt the power of the sticky and now you're drunk with it ;)

Good recap!

mommyceratops, great recap!!!! I've been listening since Feb 07 and you hit the nail on the head! (and made me chuckle while I'm proctoring our state exams):thumbsup2

You're trying to get stickied again, aren't you?! You've felt the power of the sticky and now you're drunk with it ;)

Good recap!

Actually I started this two days ago....so before I got stickied then got stopped by playdates for my 2DS (seems like all moms wait to last minute to plan LOL)....but I will confess I had wondered and hoped this would be my first sticky! :confused3

The past intro thread made me think this would be a good idea for anyone wanting to join in the fun! :hug:

"To all who come here Welcome!" wait that quote is famous huh? :lmao:

I thought a thread might be good to help the newbies catch up!

First of all welcome, you have stumbled on one of the best (JMO it is the best) podcasts on Disney and message board.

What you need to know:
The Bob Factor: Bob – Bawb – or BAAWWB – (from Boston with an accent) Yes, they LOVE Bob! They really do, they are all great friends it is all done in harmless fun. Bob is a wonderful friend to them and they respect his friendship, even if they are hard on him they do love him. They will all tell you Bob is a great guy.

Come on he has to have the best job in the world! He gets paid to nap at Disney World!

I will give that two hidden Mickey’s (not gonna happen): Kevin’s reviews – he does not rate them with stars or Mickey heads because he gives the good and bad (and the ugly -sad little crab cake from Coral Reef ) in a well rounded way. To review it on the star system does not give it the full review and locks it in to that.
Kevin also encourages you to go and make your own opinion about the restaurant.

Julie and CorEy are married (and have to be the cutest couple! ) do not worry CorEy has noted everything for their anniversary and would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Pete (an honarable man - listen to the 3/18/08 show) is the owner of the Dis and Disboards and part owners in Dreams Unlimited Travel. Scar is Peter’s significant other, who had an appendectomy recently.

John is one of the owners of Dreams Unlimited and part owner in Dreams Villas with Kevin.

Will is a designer who works with Corey, he is new to the whole “Disney” thing. No he is not dating Ursalasshodows daughter *yet (they are an arranged marriage that is sort of forced).

Alex is a webmaster on the boards also and visits

Reginna is producer and makes ADR’s at 7:00am at Chef Mickey’s (Even, I know Kevin doesn’t do breakfast LOL)

Figaro is Peter and John’s cat that they share custody of. (confused? Kevin and John are partners :thumbsup2 )
Max is Peters puppy or dog…the DIS mascot

Hello Anthony! Anthony is a boy who wrote to the team about his love for Disney.

To quote Kevin in a past post "There is not an "Anthony" show exactly.

Anthony's Mom wrote to us and told us how he was a bit down. Anthony loves Disney and is at a young age in life where his peer group is being less than supportive or understanding....or even nice.

Let's face it....kids can be brutal when you dont fit the streotype and have thoughts and ideas that dont 100% mesh with theirs....in other words being a bit different in ANY way.

She explained that Anthony was happy to hear that people could have jobs where they thought and talked about Disney and that some day Anthony hoped to become an Imagineer.

We read the email during an email show...and while I dont remember the date...it might be far enough back that it was still part of the regular show.

Anthony's story touched all of us....but it really struck home with me. I've spent alot of my life being "a bit different" and I have had to explain, if not defend my love of Disney and after reading these boards and talking to people...it seems that many of us have to explain why we wanted to go to WDW again and again, We have had to defend our decision with friends, family, co-workers etc...

I realized that Anthony represented alot of us and thought that he should become part of every show. While I know that he still listens and is doing quite well......he has come to represent a much larger group of people....the
Disney lovers who deal with people not lucky enough to get the Disney gene.

So ...for each and every one of you out there......each week I say HI ANTHONY!!!!"
"

Segments:
Kevin: Does Dining Review!
Peter: Spa Review (we need a new one!) :) Stays up all night to put our PodCast up - We love you Pete!
John A new fun game called "where in the World is John" brought to you by Korben his youngest fan (my DS4 :confused3 )

Want more! We all do, don't worry!
June 12th 2007 is a great episode to go and get history it is 10th anniversary episode! So go back and listen.

Ok are you addicted now? There is help!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1766697

If you read this far you do need help! Go to the thread above! :love:
But most of welcome! It is a lot of fun!!

:scared1: mommyceratops you forgot...KEVIN :faint:

And I thought you were his best friend :rolleyes1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bravo Kim! With a lot of new folks joining in, a DIS Podcast 101 was certainly needed.

But I agree with Cocowum, how in the Lord's name could you forget your BFF Kevin? I don't know....

You are long over due for a tag!

:rotfl:
Great Summary! I keep "accidentally" leaving podcasts on my husband's ipod so he can listen to them at the gym. Perhaps I should just direct him to this thread so he knows who everyone is. ;)

Great recaps! Thank you for taking the time to sum up the Podcast crew so well.

Tag,Tag,Tag!!!

Via iPhone

This is a great recap/intro for everyone. I have to admit that when I first happened upon the podcast I did some serious digging into the archives to figure it all out but it was SO worth it! :love:

Thanks for the summary. As a proud member of the Disney genetic pool, I heartily agree with you. Why is it so hard to understand why we love Disney so much? I have to keep explaining it to people. Oh well, I now introduce myself as a closeted Disney fan.

But on to better things, I am in the process of purchasing DVC at BCV! Woo Hoo!!!:banana: :yay: :cool1:

Just wanted celebrate with everyone!

:scared1: mommyceratops you forgot...KEVIN :faint:

And I thought you were his best friend :rolleyes1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You got me!
I had him with the review I just didn't put his name in front! Thanks :scared1:

Frew - good things BBFF can forgive (right Kevin?) :hug:

Thanks for the summary. As a proud member of the Disney genetic pool, I heartily agree with you. Why is it so hard to understand why we love Disney so much? I have to keep explaining it to people. Oh well, I now introduce myself as a closeted Disney fan.

But on to better things, I am in the process of purchasing DVC at BCV! Woo Hoo!!!:banana: :yay: :cool1:

Just wanted celebrate with everyone!

:thumbsup2 :dance3: :worship: Best thing you can do is buy into DVC and I see you are from Indy! Great place I am from southern Indiana. :thumbsup2

Wow. Nice to see you are so close. I have been wanting to do this for 10 years, so better late than never. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes :goodvibes
Segments:
Kevin:
Does Dining Review!

CorEy and Julie do th ecouples segment too:goodvibes :goodvibes

NEVER FORGET THE "E" IN corEy's NAME IF YOU DO IT WILL BE THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the thread I am new to the podcast and totally addicted. I think my DH is hooked too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter