podcast suggestions

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
I need a few new podcasts to listen to. I have varying tastes and try different ones. But I'm all caught up now and need some new ones. i already listen to smartless, the dis (since Deni left though I'm not so into it), The Disney Dish, The port charles update (for gh soap fans), i just finished Case 63, father wants us dead, and awhile back listened to the drop out (elizabeth holmes).
i would love a good nutrition one but can never find anything good. i would love a good story, history, or real life story, mystery. biographies, celebrities.
What do you all listen to and do you have any recommendations for me?

I need a few new podcasts to listen to. I have varying tastes and try different ones. But I'm all caught up now and need some new ones. i already listen to smartless, the dis (since Deni left though I'm not so into it), The Disney Dish, The port charles update (for gh soap fans), i just finished Case 63, father wants us dead, and awhile back listened to the drop out (elizabeth holmes).
i would love a good nutrition one but can never find anything good. i would love a good story, history, or real life story, mystery. biographies, celebrities.
The most obvious not listed would be This American Life if you don't listen to that one....

best I have heard... DisneyWorldToday.. by Kevin pope on apple, spotify, instgram etc. great insight, stories, ,fun , so relaxing and easy to listen to .. give it a try

Some of my favs along with the snippets they provide.

• Hidden Brain - Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, shape our choices and direct our relationships.
  • Radiolab - Radiolab is on a curiosity bender. We ask deep questions and use investigative journalism to get the answers. A given episode might whirl you through science, legal history, and into the home of someone halfway across the world. The show is known for innovative sound design, smashing information into music. It is hosted by Lulu Miller and Latif Nasser.
  • Stuff You Should Know - If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks, then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
  • Criminalia - Humans have always committed crimes. What can we learn from the criminals and crimes of the past, and have humans gotten better or worse over time?
  • Freakonomics - Discover the hidden side of everything with Stephen J. Dubner, co-author of the Freakonomics books. Each week, Freakonomics Radio tells you things you always thought you knew (but didn’t) and things you never thought you wanted to know (but do) — from the economics of sleep to how to become great at just about anything. Dubner speaks with Nobel laureates and provocateurs, intellectuals and entrepreneurs, and various other underachievers.
  • Disney History Institute - Exploring the history of animation and of early cinematic amusement parks.
  • The Moth - Since its launch in 1997, The Moth has presented thousands of true stories, told live and without notes, to standing-room-only crowds worldwide. Moth storytellers stand alone, under a spotlight, with only a microphone and a roomful of strangers. The storyteller and the audience embark on a high-wire act of shared experience which is both terrifying and exhilarating. Since 2008, The Moth podcast has featured many of our favorite stories told live on Moth stages around the country. For information on all of our programs and live events, visit themoth.org.

I listen to podcasts all day at work so I go through quite a lot of them over the year. Some great ones and some duds.

Two of the best podcasts I've ever listened to are
In the Dark, both seasons but #2 is spectacular
Bone Valley, this one is sort of still an ongoing story though the initial podcast is complete.

some others I've enjoyed and always recommend
The Letter is incredibly thought provoking.
Your Own Backyard is another older but very well done story
Happy Face season 1

If you are a fan of any TV shows it can be interesting to listen to accompanying podcasts based on them. I sometimes listen to one related to Handmaid's Tale
If you watched "Under the Banner of Heaven" there's a specific episode podcast that you may find both extremely troubling and extremely fascinating. Radio Free Mormon: 244: Dan Lafferty Interview

I tend to listen to long story type podcasts vs. stand alone, single episode types but 2 in the later category that I do tune in to at times
Real Crime Profile (they are more about discussing the victims and bringing awareness to them vs the crime/criminal)
Crime Writer's On... (this one is a podcast that reviews and recommends other podcasts and sometimes, TV shows)

I've only done minimal dive in to fictional podcasts but one I do think is well done is Blackout. Aftershock is fairly decent too. Both have good acting
Tanis and Rabbits are also 2 that give a very different type of listen. Not for everyone but may be worth it if you are in to mysteries.

Last edited:
You Must Remember This, mostly Old Hollywood, there is a season on Charles Manson which was really interesting.
The Plot Thickens, This is a podcast from Turner Classic Movies and each season is different, the most recent subject was Pam Grier and I know very little about her but enjoyed this past season, other seasons include Lucille Ball and Peter Bogdanovich.
You're Wrong About, a lot about things from history and pop culture, just listened to one about 'Baby Jessica', but there are episodes on so many topics and people including Tammy Faye Bakker, The McDonald's 'Hot Coffee' Case, O.J. Simpson, etc.
Even The Rich, I haven't listened to every season, I think there's like 35 or something but season 28 on Elton John was really good. Other seasons include JFK & Jackie and the Jerry Fallwell Jr. scandal, which I'm hoping to listen to next.
Celebrity Memoir Book Club, as the title suggests about celebrities autobiographies. I will say these women speak in a valley girl kinda way so it can get annyoing but I liked the Matthew Perry and Naya Rivera episodes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter