Podcasts?

camreesmom

DIS Veteran
DD19 just introduced me to podcasts and it makes the drive home seem to go by faster. Right now I've been listening to a couple of True Crime podcasts (Crime Junkie, Gladiator, Broken Harts) and several Disney ones. Can you share your favorite podcast so I can have some more to listen to? TIA!

I like listening to Stuff You Should Know and the various Jim Hill Media ones about Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, animation in general, and Universal.

Reactions: rlk
Cold, BUCKit, Dr Death, Homecoming, Armchair Expert, Slow Burn, Dirty John, Magic Lessons, Ted Talks Daily, plus some related to TV shows I follow. Serial and My Favorite Murder are pretty popular. I don't listen to every single episode for all of these but they are in rotation depending on my mood.

I listened to Missing Richard Simmons recently which was very well done and interesting to boot. I’ve been listening to WDW Radio for many years. Lou is awesome!

Court Junkie, Crime Junkie, Criminal, Last Podcast on the Left, My Favorite Murder, S-Town, Small Town Murder. I don't like the host at all, but the first several episodes of Sword and Scale are pretty good. The later episodes start going into shock value stuff and the host is a word that I can't use here, but it's worth a listen if you enjoy true crime to see if it's your thing.

My absolute favorites are "The RELEVANT Podcast" (which is a podcast by RELEVANT magazine, which is a pop culture/Christian millennial magazine), "Dear Hank and John" (famous vloggers and authors give dubious advice and give you all the news about Mars and AFC Wimbledon), Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me (the NPR gameshow), and Stuff You Should Know.

Below is a list of what I listen to weekly:

New:

Up First

Game Shows:

Ask Me Another
Wait Wait...Dion't Tell Me

Economics:

Planet Money
The Indicator

General Interest:
Stuff You Should Know
99% Invisible
Revisionist History

Pop Culture:
SinCast
Pop Culture Happy Hour
SiftPop

Religion:
The RELEVANT Podcast
Unedited with Cameron Strang
The New Activist
That Sounds Fun with Annie F Downs

Interview
David Tennant Does a Podcast With...
*** with Marc Maron

The Green Brothers:
Dear Hank and John
DELETE THIS
The Anthropocene Reviewed

Fiction:
Welcome to Night Vale

Last edited:
I've started listening to Dr. Death on the recommendation of co-workers. Apparently he was a former student. I appreciate the other recommendations as I'm apparently on a crime kick.

Whatever your hobbies or profession is there are likely podcasts that are informative and/or entertaining. I don't even have music on my phone, if I listen to anything it is a podcast.

I listen to soccer podcasts (Guardian Football Weekly and The Totally Football Show), health and endurance related podcasts (Ben Greenfield Fitness, Endurance Planet, Get Fit Guy, trail Runner Nation, Primal Blueprint), random lifestyle and interview podcasts (The Forward, Get Over Yourself, Outside Magazine, Stuff You Missed In History Class), and technology (SecurityNow, TWiT, TechStuff).

Wow, you folks are way more advanced than I am. I only started listening to a podcast a year or so ago. I only listen to one, and it's by my friends. I've tried a few others and just didn't care for them. I listen mostly to SiriusXM.

Spiritual: Oprah Soul Search, Rob Bell's The Robcast; Disney: Be Our Guest, Addicted to the Mouse; Science/ Astronomy: Star Talk; Entertainment/sports: various podcasts through The Ringer site; Bachelor: Ben and Ashley I. "Almost Famous"; Northwestern University sports/football: West Lot Pirates

FYI, the DIS has a bunch of podcasts. I used to listen to the original show but stopped about 6 years ago.

Oh lord... I listen to so much! I mostly listen to true crime, horror, geek, and medical stuff.

My favorite Podcast network is Parcast. Unsolved Murders, Mythology, Haunted Places, and Serial Killers are just a small selection of their options.

Also love Creepy, Welcome to Nightvale, Small Town Horror, The Alexandria Archive, Dr. Death, The Cleaning of John Doe, The Podcast Will Kill You, and Medical Stuff. I listen to so many more though. Just depends on what I feel like that day!

Fellow true crime nut here! I listen to these regularly-

My favorite murder
Generation why
True crime garage
True crime obsessed
Swindled
This podcast will kill you
Crime junkie
In the dark
Accused
Missing and murdered
Believed (covers Larry Nassar case)

Stuff You Should Know
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Hidden Brain

The Dream
Making Oprah
Making Obama

Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me
Ask Me Another

Up First

Larry Wilmore: Black on the Air
#GoodMuslimBadMuslim

And if you are into romance books as a genre:
Smart Podcast Trashy Books
Heaving Bosoms: A Romance Novel Podcast
When in Romance
The Wicked Wallflowers Club

Y’all are the best! My commute home used to be less than 15 minutes but due to construction now takes over an hour. Lots of interesting suggestions here!

I'd like to mention the S-Town podcast once again. If any of you haven't listened to it, you really should. It's of an adult rated podcast due to subject matter and should not include the kids in listening. It's an amazing roller coaster of a story that brings forward a roller coaster of emotions. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter