POFQ - first timers at resort - easy questions

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Port Orleans - how is building 5 - first floor rooms ?

Can you fit 4 large suitcases in the rooms ?
(maybe I can get us into 3 large suitcases ;) )

Laundry ? Tokens ? Quarters ?
Crowded in the morning ? Evening ?

Bonfamille's Cafe - good for a DD 7ys old and DD 11ys old ?

How is the pizza in the food court ? Like NY pizza ?

Bathroom - 2 pedal sinks - where do you dump your toothbushes, toothpaste,
hair products, mouthwash, mens shaving items, etc ...
suggestions ?

Sea serpent water slide ? How long is it ?
My DS & DD loved the pool water slide at the Dolphin.
How does it compare ?

Water spouting alligator band - does the water squirt into the pool ?
Can kids play in the water spray ?
Again, my DS & DD loved the water fall at the Dolphin pool.

What types of drinks can you use for the refillable mug ?
Lemonade or ice tea available ?
Fruit punch ?
Coffee ?

Port Orleans - how is building 5 - first floor rooms ?
Never stayed in Building 5, but it appeared to be very convenient to everything, and you should have a good view. We stayed in Building 3 on the 3rd floor.

Can you fit 4 large suitcases in the rooms ?
(maybe I can get us into 3 large suitcases )
yes, easily. We unpacked everything into the drawers (plenty of room), and put the suitcases under the beds.

Laundry ? Tokens ? Quarters ?
The laundry facilities are really nice. They have dollar and 5 dollar change machines in there, but I am not sure if they give you tokens or quarters, though. DH did the laundry while I took DD to the Magical Moments Parade that afternoon. I think I got the best end of the stick, though! The laundry is on the other side of pool bar, next to building 5, and is convenient to the hot tub!

Crowded in the morning ? Evening ?
We never had any problems with it being crowded. We had no problems getting a table in the food court, no matter the time of day, never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus, or the boat to PO-R, and the pool wasn't crowded, either. Of course, we were there in October.

Bonfamille's Cafe - good for a DD 7ys old and DD 11ys old ?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Bonfamille's Cafe closed to the public about 2 years ago. It is now used for private functions. You can take the 5 minute boat ride to PO-R and eat at the full service restaurant there. It is Boatwrights, and the menu is very similar to that of the former Bonfamille's. Yes, your kids should like it, my 8 yo did.

How is the pizza in the food court ? Like NY pizza ?
We LOVED the pizza! So much so, that we had it twice while we were there. The pizzas are large and tasty, and you can pick your own toppings, and they make them to order. We had it once on a rainy Wednesday night, while watching Toy Story II on the large screen TV in the food court, and again prior to leaving that Saturday. Is is like NY Pizza? I have no idea, as I have never had NY Pizza! But we REALLY LIKED it!

Bathroom - 2 pedal sinks - where do you dump your toothbushes, toothpaste,
hair products, mouthwash, mens shaving items, etc ...
suggestions ?
We had no problems with the 2 pedistal sinks as there is a nice sized shelf over them, on which all of your personal items will nicely fit.

Sea serpent water slide ? How long is it ?
The sea serpent slide was a huge hit with my 8 yo, and the line for it was steady, so I can imagine it was not disappointing for others, as well. As for it being very long... no, it isn't the longest or steepest slide in the world, but it is nice. You also will have access to the themed pool at PO-R, which will be boasting a new slide come this spring.
My DS & DD loved the pool water slide at the Dolphin.
How does it compare ?
Have never seen the slide at the Dolphin, so there is no way for me to compare. They should like the 2 water slides to which they have access.

Water spouting alligator band - does the water squirt into the pool ?
Yes, it is quite fun. My DD loved it

Can kids play in the water spray ?
Yes, it sprays into the pool

Again, my DS & DD loved the water fall at the Dolphin pool.
There is a waterfall of sorts in the PO-FQ pool, as well, so they will likely be happy with that. ( I couldn't keep my DD out of it). It would be best to not bring up comparisons, so they won't be disappointed, and can enjoy everything at PO-FQ on its own merit.

What types of drinks can you use for the refillable mugs?
Sodas, coffee, hot tea, Nestea from the soda fountain dispenser, Country time Lemonade, and Hawaiian Punch. Fresh brewed iced tea is not available, and juice is not included in the refillable mug deal.

Hope this helps answer your questions. Have a wonderful time!

Thank you :) for the wonderful write up.
We could not get a teachers discount at the Dolphin, but was able to get a DC discount
at the POFQ.

My kids will love the water slide at POFQ.
Thanks for the description and the suggestions for our toiletries and luggage.

Sorry to hear abouth the sit down restaurant closing. Oh well.
At the Dolphin we walked over to the Swan to eat in Gullivers, so a stroll to Riverside
Boatrights won't be bad, unless it's rainy.

Maybe we'll just water taxi it over to Downtown Disney for a bite to eat.
My DH won't eat hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers and BBQ chicken every night.
The food court would only work for a couple of our dinners.

Again thank you for your notes. I am getting excited to stay at the POFQ in 4 months !
;)

I did laundry a couple times at POFQ...the machine dispenses quarters. Plenty of machines (washers and dryers) and also a dispenser for your soap. Hope this helps!

We stayed in building 5 and we all thought it was perfect. (DH, DS (4) and myself) We were also on the 1st floor. It was right across the street from the food court for quick mug refills as well as close to the pool and the laundry(which I seen but did not use). We also stayed at the Swan a couple years ago. The pool at POFQ is a little more geared towards the younger kids, in my opinion. But still frequented by the semi-older kids.

If I bring my own tea bags, is hot water available at the drink area? It's pathetic how we need our creature comforts!

There is also a boat that is a 5 minute ride back and forth between PO-FQ to PO-R that runs every 15 minutes from 9 am until 9:30 pm, so you don't have to walk back and forth, unless you desire. We took advantage of it for eating at Boatwrights and using the Old Man Island Pool. You might also want to check out the butterfly garden behind the Arcadia House at PO-R while you are over there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter