• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ or POR preferred room?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
So I have stayed at POFQ quite a few times and have another solo trip booked for December 2023. I have walked over to Riverside several times and was wondering if maybe I should stay there for this trip in a preferred room. I can always walk to POFQ for those yummy beignets but was thinking of trying a new place to stay. Would you switch and if so why? or would you just stay put and also why? I was also thinking I can always walk to POFQ to hop on a bus to the parks.

I’ve stayed at both resorts and while I definitely prefer POFQ, it’s good to try a new resort. I do recommend preferred at POR.

We try to experience a different resort each trip and have stayed at both. When we were at POR it was in a Royal room with a River view and really liked the mansion section. It was a very short walk just across the bridge to the food court. I would give it a chance.

I would try a new one.

I much prefer POR, it feels more like a full resort since it has all the amenities. I agree check the Royal Rooms, they are close to main hub of POR and the closest rooms to POFQ.

I’ve stayed at both and prefer POFQ because it is a smaller resort...with one bus stop...POR has multiple stops which can be frustrating when a full bus pulls up after the wait. Depends on your priorities of course...if that doesn’t bother you, POR is lovely

I’m among those that prefer Riverside to French Quarter. We stayed at French
Quarter once what the POR pool was being rehabbed, and thought that it was just “meh”. Theming didn’t grab me, kids liked the POR pool better, and the lack of table service was a big disadvantage. If you book preferred, you should not have bus problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter