POFQ or POR

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
we have stayed several times at POFQ and are scheduled to stay there again in March 2023. I was thinking of switching to a preferred room at ,POR. for those who have stayed at both resorts would you try POR instead of POFQ

Nope. I really liked the size of POFQ, and Scat Cat's Lounge. POR has table service, but with so many other restaurants to choose from, it's not a drawing card for me.

POR is much larger. Even in preferred rooms, if extra walking is a factor I would stay with POFQ. POR has multiple quiet pools so if you enjoy swimming that may tip the scales that way.

The other disadvantage to POR is the busses. You spend a lot of time going around the circle and making all the stops. In the morning, busses are crazy crowded. If the stops before you filled the bus, they have to pass you by. We’re big fans of POFQ because of the single bus stop.

We have stayed at both and really liked them. Of the 2 we were at POR most recently about 5 years ago during Thanksgiving Week in a Royal room with a river view. The grounds were gorgeous. It was a short walk to the food court and we found no issues with the buses. When we were at FQ I forget how many trips ago during the same time of Thanksgiving they shared buses with Riverside. Things might have changed but if you find you do not like how it is you can always walk over to FQ and use the bus there. You can also go to their food court. I would give it a chance.

Last edited:
The other disadvantage to POR is the busses. You spend a lot of time going around the circle and making all the stops. In the morning, busses are crazy crowded. If the stops before you filled the bus, they have to pass you by. We’re big fans of POFQ because of the single bus stop.
I totally agree. I prefer the theming of POR Bayou section to POFQ and I prefer the food court at POR, but the multiple bus stops is a deal breaker for me unless I've rented a car for a trip. Don't get me wrong, I like the theming of POFQ and I particularly like the location of the boat to Disney Springs...much closer to most buildings, unlike POR...not that I mind a good walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter