POFQ pool closing?

MKB419

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
I just saw that the pool will be closed for our trip in Jan. I have never been to WDW during that time of year,is it a big deal? I have visions of the kids staring at an empty pool. There is availability at PO riverside. Any thoughts?

Weather in January is very unpredictable. You can always use any of the pools at POR if it's swimming weather.

Since it the only pool and a pretty big part of that resort, I might consider moving on down to POR. Kids love the slide at POFQ and if you had to see it but couldn't use it.......might be hard.

We just came back from POR Riverside, and used both pools at Riverside and FQ. We also used the "quiet" pool right outside our building in AB, and, frankly, my kids preferred that simple no-frills pool more than either of the main pools! LOL There are 5 "quiet" pools in POR.

As an aside, and I am not recommending this in case the DIS police are on patrol, but our first night we went to Ohana for a late dinner and after went outside to the beach area just to look around. It was about 10pm, and my kids loved running around in the sand. DD9 had to go to the bathroom as we were leaving, and when we came out of the bathroom, guess who was going down the waterslide in the Poly pool??!! Yep...both my boys and DH. The pool was EMPTY, and the lifeguards invited them to try out the slide LOL. I, being the good DIS-er, was aghast at the thought of using a "contraband" waterslide, but the lifeguards all laughed and said "We have to work until pool closing time anyway...might as well let *someone* have a little fun!!" LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter