Pofq ???

magic teacup

<font color=9999FF>Has perfected the art of "kissi
Due to the amazing,fabulous,wonderful codes today we are coming *back* to the world for 2 nights at the french quarter in november(15-17th). I tried the search engine all day but since it's disabled I'll ask away. About faxing a room request, which section would you try for?? We are staying in the standard room, double beds. Just me and DH. Almost booked the king bed but decided to keep the extra money........I'll find *something* to do with it :rolleyes: . Do you request a specific room or a section name?
Also, the pool looks interesting but don't know if I want to swim in november. Do you remember seeing anyone (without turning blue) swimming then. Being warm enough to be comfortable is one thing but being hot enough to swim is another. Thanks all so much. TTFN.:wave:

We really like this resort. It is small...only 1008 rooms...1/2 the size of Riverside, CBR and CSR. So, there really isn't a bad location. I believe there is a map on this site that shows all the buildings. We have stayed in bldg. 5 - the standard view rooms here are looking at the courtyard area. It is close to the pool and right in the middle of the resort. Depending on what end you are at...you will be fairly close to the food court and bus stop. Bldg. 4 is the closest to the bus stop and food court. We have also stayed in bldg. 6 and if you are on the end closest to the pool/food court ... it isn't a bad location. Honestly, though, I don't think there is a bad location at this resort. It is very compact.

There is a hot tub in the general pool area ... and we've never had a problem getting in it. There is also a pool bar (open at select hours) by the pool. The pool is nice, but the slide is very calm. Remember that you can stroll down to Riverside and use any of the 6 quiet pools there or swim in Old Man Island. The slide there is a bit more challenging than at FQ. You can also try your hand at fishing at Riverside...if you like that sort of thing.

Keep in mind that there is not a full service restaurant at FQ. You need to go down to Boatwrights if that is what you are looking for. However, I have heard that the newly remodeled food court is very nice.

As far as swimming....we swim in November but there are not a lot of other people who do. It will depend on how warm it is during the days. Last year we swam just about every day...during the day. Our DS then 3.5 yrs would not swim at night. Said it was too cold. Felt great to us though. Depends what you are used to...when we lived in North Idaho we always thought it was warm..now that we are in AZ I'm not so sure about how warm the water is there (right now our pool is at 90). That being said, I have been there when the weather has taken a terrible turn and we have worn mittens, mufflers and gloves. So, it can go either way. We are hoping this year to go to the water parks, though.

Thank you dcedwards, that's just what I was looking for. Glad to hear you liked it and I'd like to look at the sites here. Love to look at resorts. :p Ga. is similar to Arizona only with 'steam' added. If the pool water's chilly at all I won't go in. I'll probably try the slide out 'to see if my 6 and 8 year old will like it for next trip'. We have such a short trip planned that I am going to PS at other places in MK,E,and DD. Then we go home probably. Thanks for sharing your experience there. :wave:

Magic Teacup,

We went to POFQ in Nov. 2000, and were able to swim. The weather is warm and the pool is heated.

We have pretty much stayed in all of the buildings. They are all close, but I guess I like 4 & 5 the best. I don't pay for the water views at POFQ since I don't want to face the pool and the river views are not too close the food court (but very pretty).

Have a great time. This year we are going back to POFQ. Last year we splurged for the Polynesian since the rate was awesome and I guilted DH since I was 6.5 months pregnant.

Yep Tink, it'll be a bit different trip this time for you I think. You have fun too, thanks for the swim and building tip. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter