POFR or Dolphin? Same price..

queenof2princesses

Mouseketeer
Please help me decide. We have 2 older ladies that won’t want to walk a lot and will probably add a scooter to share. We are mainly doing Epcot, but we had planned to do TOWL, which we will lose if we choose Dolphin. However, we booked POFR for the 2 queens.. TIA and Merry Christmas😇

Not sure what TOWL is so don't know what you would loose, but I'd go with Dolphin. We stay there just about every trip. Deluxe resort without the deluxe prices, smack dab in the middle between Epcot and HS. I've stayed at POR and enjoy it, as a matter of fact, did a split stay with Dolphin when I stayed there but there is no comparison.

Since Epcot is your primary park, I would stay at the Dolphin. The Friendship Boats to Epcot and Hollywood Studios are scooter accessible. Do you need to be staying on points to access TOWL? If so, POFQ won't qualify anyway.

Last edited:
Will you be driving? My parents love that they can park their car close to the actual rooms at POFQ. It ends up being a lot less walking for them.

If Dolphin (incl Resort fees) is same as POFQ I’d pick Dolphin. Location!
If you do choose POFQ request a ground floor. They do have elevators but only in the middle of the building and so unless your room is located near them it can be a lot of extra walking.

Please help me decide. We have 2 older ladies that won’t want to walk a lot and will probably add a scooter to share. We are mainly doing Epcot, but we had planned to do TOWL, which we will lose if we choose Dolphin. However, we booked POFR for the 2 queens.. TIA and Merry Christmas😇
Based on those two things, Dolphin for sure!

I like POR, but I much prefer the Dolphin. Easy choice for us.

Request a room near the elevators/lobby area. Some hallways can be long.

I'm confused. Is TOWL the DVC lounge in Epcot? if so, it is a nice place for a break, but I wouldn't choose a resort in order to visit there. There are lots of nice places to stop and have a light snack and beverage in World Showcase.

If having two queen beds is important than the Dolphin is out as it has two doubles/full beds. The Swan has two queens, however, if that is an option.

If everyone is OK with double beds instead of queen beds, I would vote for Dophin. The boats to HS and EP are a very relaxing ride for "2 older ladies". ;)
If you need queen beds, I would look into the Swan. Even if the Swan is a bit more, I would still take that over POR, just for the convenience factor.

Not sure if you are planning to use DME from the airport or not, but if so, that is not available for the Swan/Dolphin, so you will need to plan for alternate forms of transportation to and from the resort.

Have a great trip!

For the same price I would pick Dolphin especially if you are planning to go to EPCOT more.

The EPCOT resorts location is such a nice area. I could spend a whole vacation there without going to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter