points for premium dine plan....please help=0)...

wilderness gal said:
When we went in May 2003; they had the same examples that are in the brochure as now, and we were allowed to do this. Where can you get one of these "NEW" pdf brochures? :confused3 I received my Premium file from my AAA agent, and it's as current as she had as of January. I haven't had any reason to doubt the brochure was incorrect. I'll contact my AAA to get an update, thanks for the info ! !

Until then.........have a great day !

The Magic Your Way premium package didn't start until 2005. I'm not sure which package you used back in 2003 (perhaps the silver or gold plan?). In any event, on the Premium package, you get 3 meals per day, each day; not a pool of credits that carry over to the next day if not used.

If your brochure is from January and it states differently, then perhaps they changed the plan this year. Maybe that's why the .pdf file of the brochure is no longer online?

Today's premium plan would be the Gold plan from 2003. But the gold plan had one dinner at V&A's. I think. :grouphug:

:wave: It was the same as the Gold Plan and the brochure reads just about the same as. The "old" Gold Dining is identical to the Magic Your Way Premium Dining package. No, V&A wasn't on either of the dining plans. :sad1: I wanted to do V&A but DH is a meat & potatoes kinda guy ! ! No fancy, smacey stuff...... :goodvibes

We've done this one before and we feel confident :thumbsup2 in our selection. I had originally chosen the Platinum & my DH said there's no way we can eat snacks too, since we don't eat alot of them. We'll be there for our 20th :goofy: ::MinnieMo wedding anniversary, so if we want anything extra (like one of those wonderful bakery cakes - :cake: or ice cream bars :mickeybar ) we'll just pay OOP.

Either way; we've never had any problems with the dining...in fact the CM's @ Fulton's were encouraging us to order certain items :woohoo: . That is one of our favorite places to eat. We had thought about the MYW Dining Pkg but because we couldn't go to Fultons on it, DH said "NOPE". :sad2:

He "LOVES" to fish, and it's unlimited on the "Premium".......so he'll be fishing it up :woohoo: while I shop, or while I'm @ the spa or just relaxing..... our DS will be a Sr. in high school so, he will stay home pirate: . We can't wait to have a 2nd Honeymoon. :hourglass

Lalita said:
No problem, I hope my post help you out. I have also read that they don't actually keep track of your points, so when they print out your recipe there are no numbers at the bottom, like the regular dining plan.

Hope you have a wonderful time and congrats on your wedding. Hope you have a great honeymoon!! :sunny:

Coming in a little late (and still trying to read through the whole thread so maybe this is addressed), there IS a total point amount at the bottom of your receipt.

We used the Premium plan last year and technically you could eat 4 meals in one day if you wanted and eat 2 in a different day. However, you don't need to worry about this restaraunt is 2 credits; this one 1, etc... ALL the restaraunts on the plan are 1 credit per meal. Victoria & Alberts isn't included (at least I didn't see it included again and I know it wasn't last year).

Also, we had a glitch when our card came back at the end of our check-out day saying we had no credits when we did. We did a room only, package, room only deal and even though we had checked out, we ate our dinner on the plan but the card showed up as 0 credits. The manager had to call the Contemporary and verify yes, we still had credits left. (if you want to read about it it's at the end of my trip report).

pedro2112 said:
That information is incorrect. Under the Magic your Way Premium plan, you do not get pooled vouchers that you can use any way you wish. You simply get three meals a day. Perhaps in old plans where they handed out "vouchers' you were able to do this, but under the current Premium Plan, you cant. The .pdf file for the premium plan is currently being updated, but the examples they give indicated that you get three meals a day, not the total of 3 meals multiplied by the number of nights for your reservation.

That's *really* bizarre then because we went in July 2005 on the Premium package and at the bottom of every of our receipts it said you have X credits left. It certainly was pooled together were it was 3 credits/day and we could use them however we liked (as a matter of fact, we had extra credits due to me skipping a breakfast, etc..., so we were using them for my 1 year old's kids meals when we weren't at buffets.)

So to ME, it seemed very much like the dining plan in that respect, except they only removed 1 credit per meal/person no matter where we ate at.

Becky2005 :wave:

Thanks for the input.......I was hoping I wasn't having a Sr. moment @ 44 yoa :rotfl2: This info is music :charac2: to my ears :lmao:

I've got a "BIG" case of Spring Fever...our kid (DH) is on Spring Break.....and I'm having really bad "Disney" withdrawals "right about now". :yay:

Thanks for the current update on the plan, I'm ready to go right NOW...can anyone relate? ? ? :banana: :banana:

wilderness gal said:
Either way; we've never had any problems with the dining...in fact the CM's @ Fulton's were encouraging us to order certain items :woohoo: . That is one of our favorite places to eat. We had thought about the MYW Dining Pkg but because we couldn't go to Fultons on it, DH said "NOPE". :sad2:

That was one reason my DH basically said "go with the Premium" when we were researching it. :rotfl2: I was explaining the dining plan and how, it would be possible to have 2 sit-downs/day but then you would end up with days where you were only allowed counter service, etc... He basically said it was way too confusing and he wanted to be able to basically have 3 sit-down meals a day *if* he wanted to and not worry about it. The Premium fit the bill for that (plus gave you more restaraunt choices!). We went to Fulton's and it was one of our favorites (I'm in love with their chocolate cake! Forget the dinner - just give me that cake! :lmao: Both my DD & I had to take the left-overs back since we both got a slice of the cake).

We, of course, did a lot of the recreation too. We did pay more than if we would have done everything out of pocket (since we didn't worry about getting our money's worth per se at the restaraunts, we just ordered what we wanted, since a lot of times we didn't get appetizers but we *always* got the desserts. :cake: ) but DH absolutely loved this plan, so we will probably go on it again next time too.

jonimce said:
Sad that they took away V&A's. It used to be offered on the premium plan. The two point part is for the regular dinning plan. For your plan, each meal is one point, not two. I know other people can use credits on the regular plan (we have done this) but I don't think you can share on your plan. I could be wrong. Most servers will help figure everything out. :grouphug: Have a great Honeymoon pixiedust:

I think but wouldn't swear to it that V&A's is offered on the platinum plan, not the premium plan.

Yes, you are right. I just went back through all my paper work and it was the Platinum plan. Back then they were the Platinum, Gold and Silver plans. About every three years the change them around. I laugh at everyone who says the dining plan now is too much food to eat. In 2001, the plan was two meals a day and we did both as TS. Appetizer, salad or soup, entre,desert,bevarge and coffee. We were there for 14 days and only bought snacks in the parks twice. We were always stuffed. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter