Points for West coast repositioning cruise

Vagabond

DVC member since 1994 at OKW
Can anybody tell me if the points chart has been made for this cruise. I 've been reading on the DCL forum that the ship is filling up for cash travelers. DVC members only have a 11 month reservation window right?

don't know if we can use points for that cruise.

the only ones listed
are the Bahama 3 & 4 night
Carribean Eastern & Western
Mediterranean
Trans-Atlantic

there is no mention of a West coast cruise.:confused3

oh boy - I see it now on the home page.

"Just Announced: Exciting West Coast Itinerary for the Disney Cruise Line®
Beginning May 25, 2008, the Disney Magic® is scheduled to sail 12 consecutive 7-night cruise vacations from the Port of Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera ports of Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán, and Puerto Vallarta. In addition, two 15-night repositioning cruises through the Panama Canal are being offered. These special 15-night itineraries will run on May 10, 2008 and August 17, 2008.

Disney Vacation Club is currently preparing the Reservation Points charts with an expected completion date in early February 2007; however, beginning Wednesday, January 31, 2007, at 8:00 a.m. you may contact Member Services at 800-******** or 407-566-3800 to request your stateroom. "

If you can't do the whole thing on points, not sure what the cash will be, the ship seems to be sold out (per Disney Cruise website) but it may still be catching up from the almost crash on the 31st.

About 5 pm on the 31st, the website quoted nearly ten grand for a Cat 9 and over 12 for Cat 5....

I hope the cash portion of the points booking is not based on this demand.

If you called MS on 1/31, they booked the cruise for you and will get back to you when the points come out. If you decide that the points don't fit your availability or if the cash price for part of the cruise is too high for you, you can cancel without penalty. I was on the phone at 7 AM CST (yes MS opened early that morning) 1/31 and got room 8077 on the WB repositioning, a Cat 4:banana: Now I'm just waiting to hear how much I owe them in points and cash. They gave me my confirmation # and I can pull it up on the DCL site. I think DVC did a fine job handling this and I was on the phone with MS for a lot shorter time than I would have been with DCL. Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter