points in holding

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
So, I'm just trying to make sense of the holding thing. Correct me wherever wrong please.

If you cancel a reservation less than 31 days out, your points go into holding.

You cannot bank points in holding even if within your banking deadline.

Holding points stay in current UY.

You have to call to make a reservation using points in holding.

You can only book a reservation that is 60 days or less away from the day you are calling.

Which brings me to....

Doesn't DVC turn over unbooked rooms to cash reservation system at 60 day mark? How does one actually get a room in under 60 days? Do they pull them back over to DVC inventory for you?

Thanks!

If a DVC room is turned over to DRC at 60 days because it's unreserved, it can be pulled back subject to DRC approval.

AFAIK, you can book online using holding points.

I have two nights upcoming next month that were both made in the last 2 weeks. There is availability inside of 60 days on the RAT. It's just very sporadic, and mostly by chance. I'd say your chances are much better between 31 and 60 days, simply because people want to avoid ending up with holding points as a last resort.

Thanks. I'm just trying to make sure I understand everything I can. I don't actually have points in holding.

I did look at the RAT but and it is pretty empty the next 60 days, but it's the holiday season. You don't have a time limit (other than by the end of your use year) to use the points, though, right?

For example, you have a September UY and you just today cancelled a reservation last minute, you could wait until summer to use your points. But if you're booking a June 1 stay it can only be booked on or after April 1. Do I have that right?

Thanks. I'm just trying to make sure I understand everything I can. I don't actually have points in holding.

I did look at the RAT but and it is pretty empty the next 60 days, but it's the holiday season. You don't have a time limit (other than by the end of your use year) to use the points, though, right?

For example, you have a September UY and you just today cancelled a reservation last minute, you could wait until summer to use your points. But if you're booking a June 1 stay it can only be booked on or after April 1. Do I have that right?

A couple things on your first post - You can book online and use points in holding. And DVC doesn't just automatically turn all inventory that is open over to CRO at 60 days.

It is correct that you would have until the end of your UY to use the points. And yes, the June 1st stay would need to be booked no more than 60 days in advance. In this case it is actually 60 days so it would be April 2nd, not the first because of 31 days in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter