Points Trade/Swap/Transfer Questions

MARCIAKAZ

Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!
I assume a points trade or swap would be treated as a transfer, and I understand that owners can only make one transfer per year. Is that per use year, or per calendar year, or per every 365 days? Could one transfer transaction include more than one use year? For example, could I transfer my 2021 and 2022 points in a single qualifying transaction? Anything else I should be considering? Thanks!

You are allow one transfer (either in or out) per UY per membership ID. It's not by calendar year, and not by 365 days. You can make 2 separate transfers (in or out) for 2021 UY and 2022 UY at the same time... A trade of points for the same UY won't work, since you can transfer out and in on same UY.

You can only transfer out the current UY points you are in, and the next UY. Likewise, the person receiving the transfer can only receive points in the current UY they are in or the next UY, so it doesn't always line up.

For example, you have Feb. UY, so you are in 2021 UY, and other person has Dec. UY, so in 2020 UY currently, since Dec. 2021 isn't here yet.

So, you can transfer out your 2021 UY points or 2022 UY points, but other person can only receive points in 2020 UY and 2021 UY.

In this case, only 2021 UY can move to other person.

Likewise, if you looking to receive points, other person can only transfer out 2020 and 2021 UY points, and you already past 2020 UY, so can't receive 2020 UY points from other person, you can only get 2021 UY points. To get 2022 UY points, the other person UY for 2021 must start already. For this reason, it's hard to swap/trade points.

Hope that makes sense.

Great3

I believe you can do unlimited transfers between your own memberships if that is the nature of your question?

To add, everything is based on the UY of the points being transferred and not the UY getting them.

So, if you transfer 2021 and 2022 points to someone in the same call, it would count for both owners as the 2021 and 2022 transfer for each membership. It doesn’t matter what UY the receiving owner is in, as Long as they realize when the points they are getting can be used as they don’t change UY or resort rules.

As noted, MS has allowed people more than one when you are doing it between your own memberships,

If you have more than one contract in a membership, you can transfer points from each, to the same owner, and it counts as your one and down. For example, if I wanted to transfer both 2021 RIV and SSR points, to the same owner, I can do that, as long as it’s done at the same time.

So to make the trade work, you would have to have two owners who want different UY of points…one owner takes in 2021 points and one owner transfers out 2022 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter