Politics & Religion

Dr. M

DIS Veteran
Maybe this is a better forum to post this.. I didn't get any response on the "Welcome to the Dis" forum

I like the new policy of no politics or religious discussions. However, it seems that there is a double standard when it comes to the methods of moderating threads. For example, a light-hearted mention of a teleprompter for Obama's animatronic figure at the HOP was immediately removed by the mod. But on the Gay and Lesbian boards, they seem that they are free to discuss politics, legislation and religion. For example, fundamental Christians are called "troublesome" and videos of a man dressed as Jesus prancing around and dancing in a manner that would be insulting to Christians was posted. The mods did not seem to have any problems with this, not until someone questioned the appropriateness of these posts. The response was not to remove the offending statement or video, but to warn us that the debate was getting too heated. Teleprompter remark--immediately removed; resentment towards Christians--tolerated, with a warning; Disgusting video of Jesus--only removed one month later when I alerted the mods. Why the double standard?

I just wanted to be clear. The video mentioned in my post was not an actual video posted, but a link posted to a you-tube video of a man singing "I will survive", dressed as Jesus, then he strips down to his loin-cloth, and dances on the streets till he gets hit by a bus. This was on a thread for gay days, where a gay CM working for Disney claims that he gives Christians "fake" smiles. I responded with a :sad2: and pointed out the double standard for tolerance that is pretty prevalent on that board. The moderator responded to this and warned that our debate was getting too heated. Shortly after, the link to the video was posted and the moderator posted right after, and didn't seem to mind.--pretty obvious bias, wouldn't you think. I thought I would let it go and see how long it would take for the mods to remove the link. Anyway, as of last night, (1 month later) the link was still there. So I alerted the mods to the video link, and to their credit, they removed it, which I am grateful for. Here is a link to the original thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154081&page=2
I've never posted a link before, but I hope it works. The video link was posted between posts #44 and #45 (no longer there, after posting an alert). You can see that the mod posted right after with no response to the offensive video. When he got no response, the poster himself jokingly said that he would go "Straight to Hell". Well, thankfully, it's not there anymore. Anyways, I'm off to go get my kids ready for Church now. (oops a religious reference, I'm so sorry....Not)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter