Poll about Disaster Closing

What is your reaction to Disaster leaving?

• It was time for it to go.

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • I wish it would have stayed.

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
We haven't been on disaster in years. I like twister but couldn't care less if it left for something new. Hope it's not a soaring type replacement ride moving into twister. I know I'm in the minority but, soarin is garbage. Speaking of Bill Paxton, he ranks right up with Keanu Reeves as actors I can't stand. Kevin Costner sounds the same in every movie too. Although, Bull Durham is a classic! Anyway, my .02....
Game over man! Game over!

Disaster was just time filler for us, not something anyone looked forward to.

There's no doubt in my mind Universal will make an awesome attraction for F & F!! I don't think it will matter whether you are a fan or not. We're not big HP fans, but we still think the HP area's are awesome!!

It's unfortunate they can't keep the old attractions and just build new ones, but I assume there just isn't enough land and real estate is to valuable to be taken up by obsolete attractions.

The uproar in the Disney section over Disney Quest being replaced is comical IMO. Reality is that DQ is a huge building in a prime location being wasted with old obsolete attractions.
I think a lot of people don't realize how locked in Universal's property is. Being so close to residences and businesses is why they don't do fireworks shows.

This is very sad. Disaster was one of the few attractions left not largely based on a screen. Yes, its incredible what the technology can do; Spiderman and the HP rides are amazing. But does everything need to involve staring at a screen? We do that enough at home. That is one thing mom and I commented on many times over the year we had a Universal pass recently. Disney has hardly any attractions that involve screens, yet almost all of the attractions are well done and enjoyable. Disaster was a nice break back into the physical world and very enjoyable. Even the part with a screen was unique each time, and much more interesting since we had watched it being filmed.

Agreed. I loved Disaster. I loved the cheesiness, Christopher Walken and the fact you could volunteer to take part. BF and I did once and it was hilarious. I was really looking forward to showing my friends it next month but they've gone and closed it with no notice :( It was a nice break from screens. Plus I'm not a fan of the fast and the furious franchise. Waaaaay too many films.

I thought Disaster was a brilliantly done refresh to a tired attraction (mostly speaking of the pre-shows).

It's sad to see it go as it was one of the few attractions left that really explains how movies are made.

Also, the Fast and Furious entrance is rumored to be back where the Beetlejuice show was (since it's closing also)

Agreed. I loved Disaster. I loved the cheesiness, Christopher Walken and the fact you could volunteer to take part. BF and I did once and it was hilarious. I was really looking forward to showing my friends it next month but they've gone and closed it with no notice :( It was a nice break from screens. Plus I'm not a fan of the fast and the furious franchise. Waaaaay too many films.

While Universal didn't make an official announcement until a few weeks before the closure, the rumors of it and Twister closing have been strong for a long time. The writing was on the wall.

No dilly-dallying at Universal. It is announced and it is closed and it is demolished and new stuff appears.

I broke the news about it being closed to my 9 year old today. There were many, many tears - and even a refusal to go to Universal. I figure she'll get over it by the time of our trip, but it will definitely be missed.

Although it is time to go, we always had fun with it and you never knew what some of the volunteers would say or do. For some reason, my wife always missed out, but we eventually got her to see it for the first time about 3 months ago. She was picked as the screamer. Lonnie says - you there - you look like a screamer. And I yelled out "Hey - how do you know that?" Unfortunately, right as we were going to board the subway, there was a technical problem and we had to exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter