poll--better view or one more day?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
If you had your choice, would you do 4 days at BWV preferred view or 5 days standard? This would be paired up with 3 or 4 days at VWL.
Robin M.

If your total WDW vacation is still 7 days either way, it really shouldn't matter. If, however it effects the total lentgh of time you spend at WDW, then go for more days!

I would probably go the extra day since you won't be guaranteed a boardwalk view (if that is the view you would be hoping for). I know I would be very dissapointed if I gave up a day at Disney and ended up with a pool or canal view. If the boardwalk view was guaranteed, I might think differently! :earsboy:

I would choose the preferred view. Your preferred view will last 4 days. Your extra day will only last 24 hours.

I enjoy sitting out on the balcony drinking a cup of coffee. I don't think I could look at a parking lot for 5 days.

Dumbo

Robin, We discussed this at length last year before we planned our May trip to BWV. Since it was our first trip, we opted for preferred view. We were so happy with our choice. Having a boardwalk view was really special -- a kind of once-in-a-lifetime experience. That said, next year we'll be doing standard because we'll be using a bunch of points to bring friends. I think the standard will be quieter. Our room on the boardwalk was very noisy. We didn't mind it because it was kind of part of the place. But if peace and quiet were important to me, I would always opt for standard view or quiet pool view. But I think it is worth it to try preferred view from time to time. (THAT was really helpful, wasn't it? You'll never ask for MY opinion again, huh?)

One of the best Dis evenings was watching Illuminations from my balcony (at BWV) in my jammies sipping a glass of wine!

To top it off, now rush for the bus or boat!

Quality most definitely over quantity.

I don't know... we had a standard view 2br and extra studio last january for 2 weeks and I managed to get very sick with a bad sinus infection, high fever, the works. I spent a lot of time just sitting on our standard view patio... The view was beautiful (mostly a big lawn and a view of the bridge over that little canal, with ducks) as well as peaceful... well, except when those big bright things exploded in the night sky along with that music coming from Epcot every night!

Personally, I think that the standard views are the best bargains out there... the "standard" views at the BWV are quite a bit better than standard views I've had anywhere else!

Lisa

Originally posted by Dumbo
I would choose the preferred view. Your preferred view will last 4 days. Your extra day will only last 24 hours.

I enjoy sitting out on the balcony drinking a cup of coffee. I don't think I could look at a parking lot for 5 days.

Dumbo

I think a day would be the best choice.

Rebook at OKW and get 2 extra days! I love the value there, but have to agree with others that if you can see Illuminations from the standard view balcony, why not do that?

I would go for the extra day...especially because I don't spend a lot of time in the room any way...too much to do!!! :D

Another vote for the extra day! Views aren't that important to me. Although I did love having a view of the castle from our WL room last year. That was really special. But if I had to choose between more time in WDW or a better view, an extra day would win hands down!

I woud get the extra day. DH and I stayed in a preferred studio last year "facing the pool"...but it was behind a bush and all we saw was people walking down the path in front of our patiio on the way
to the pool! LOL

In November, we will have a 1BR standard view. I will never pay more points for a preferred view again!

June

I'd go for the extra days. Every time I have had preferred view, I've made my ressie 11 months out and have NEVER gotten the Boardwalk. Personally, the standard views we have had have not been bad at all. I don't spend more than 30 minutes a day on the patio either. I would much rather get another 24 hours in my favorite place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter