Poll: Contemporary or BC/YC?

Which resort for 3 nights in March?

• Total voters

Belles_books_22

Earning My Ears
We're looking at booking 3 nights in March for a quick trip over spring break. Contemporary garden wing water view and Beach club or Yacht club resort view are coming up at the same price. Don't care as much about a theme park view for Contemporary, and we have never stayed in a monorail resort and have wanted to. However, Epcot tends to be our favorite park. Which would you choose, and why?

Last edited:
We're looking at booking 3 nights in March for a quick trip over spring break. Contemporary garden tower water view and Beach club or Yacht club resort view are coming up at the same price. Don't care as much about a theme park view for Contemporary, and we have never stayed in a monorail resort and have wanted to. However, Epcot tends to be our favorite park. Which would you choose, and why?
Are you referring to the Garden WING at the CR or a resort view in the TOWER? Very different animals.

I vote Beach or Yacht as it has the ability to walk/boat to two parks (could also use skyliner to DHS if you wanted). Plus, you say EPCOT is your favorite park. I give Yacht the edge over Beach as I prefer its decor a bit more. Great dining options in the EPCOT resort area, as well. And if you spend time at the resort, Stormalong Bay is tough to beat.

I like all three. I agree I am not familiar with a Contemporary garden tower water view room.

There is garden wing with water view, and tower water view, but we liked both. Tower = more convenient, but garden wing also has great charm.

If you goal/plan is to visit Epcot, BC is more convenient.
Walking back to CR from MK is convenient.

If pool matters to you, BC has a better pool.

A plus of CR is a great view of the water parade.

If dressing for dinner appeals to you, then a plus of CR is that you can dine just about everywhere on the monorail loop easily, without having to go outside much. Just a short walk on covered platforms to Poly and GF dining, or stay indoors to dine at CR. If it is rainy or cold, that is a nice plus over walking around the World Showcase. (Only exception is Narcoosee's)

I like all three. I agree I am not familiar with a Contemporary garden tower water view room.

There is garden wing with water view, and tower water view, but we liked both. Tower = more convenient, but garden wing also has great charm.

If you goal/plan is to visit Epcot, BC is more convenient.
Walking back to CR from MK is convenient.

If pool matters to you, BC has a better pool.

A plus of CR is a great view of the water parade.

If dressing for dinner appeals to you, then a plus of CR is that you can dine just about everywhere on the monorail loop easily, without having to go outside much. Just a short walk on covered platforms to Poly and GF dining, or stay indoors to dine at CR. If it is rainy or cold, that is a nice plus over walking around the World Showcase. (Only exception is Narcoosee's)
Yep, Garden Wing. We've stayed in the Epcot area a lot, usually at Swan, and the idea of resort hopping with the monorail is appealing. However, DH and kids love a great pool.

Yep, Garden Wing. We've stayed in the Epcot area a lot, usually at Swan, and the idea of resort hopping with the monorail is appealing. However, DH and kids love a great pool.
I can see why you are torn.

There is something fun in trying new options.

Another possible option we like is split stays when we're torn about where to stay. Actually, most of our visits are split stays. If we go to both WDW and Universal, that = a split stay almost automatically. But we also do lots of splits withing WDW, including a Swan/BC area and a MK area hotel. (If we stay at a value or off sight 1 night, we can usually save $200 or more with minimal inconvenience.) If we split between two deluxe hotels though we get to enjoy two fun pool slides.

Something about the CR is just quintessential Disney. Love the buzz of the resort and being on the monorail. If you really love Epcot though and a fun pool, I’d lean towards YC/BC. Of those 2, I’d go YC for the guaranteed balcony and personal preference for decor/style. With YC/BC, you get to enjoy both resorts.

Another possible option we like is split stays when we're torn about where to stay. Actually, most of our visits are split stays. If we go to both WDW and Universal, that = a split stay almost automatically. But we also do lots of splits withing WDW, including a Swan/BC area and a MK area hotel. (If we stay at a value or off sight 1 night, we can usually save $200 or more with minimal inconvenience.) If we split between two deluxe hotels though we get to enjoy two fun pool slides.
We often like to split btwn monorail resorts (CR) and Epcot (YC/BC) so we never have to deal with Disney buses. 😆

YC/BC I love EP but dislike the front entrance mayhem. I also tend to end my day in WS and dislike having to trudge all the way back to the front just to have to deal with transport back to the hotel.

However, if a monorail resort is a real dream for your fam do it! When will the chance pop again? It’s a short trip so if you hate it you won’t lose much.

I wouldn’t do a split stay with just 3 nights

I wouldn’t do a split stay with just 3 nights
Good catch. Still possible, but maybe not worthwhile for such a short visit.

Mind, I have done 2WDW+1Universal weekends, but probably not worthwhile for OP, unless they can add an extra night.

(Thursday night airfare often costs less than Friday airfare, and sometimes there are last minute hotel discounts esp at offsite hotels, so that's how we've sometimes ended up adding an extra night, somewhat late in the planning. The air savings paid for the extra night.)

Since epcot is your favorite, I would go with BC/YC. Great pools, walking distance to epcot, and overall a fun environment with the boardwalk nearby.

For the pool - BC. BUT - I voted for CR because I think experiencing that resort is a must-do, too. Walking distance to MK is more of a bonus for me than walking to EP.

First, I'd throw out Beach Club. All Yacht Club rooms have balconies, and when we stay deluxe that's our favorite amenity.

If you've always wanted to stay at a monorail resort, just do it. We like the Contemporary, hey, it's one of the originals.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

Beach Club is our favorite resort because it is close to Epcot and the Skyliner. It has a great pool, too.

The Contemporary is very convenient to MK, but I've personally not found being on the monorail to be particularly better or more efficient in terms of transportation, especially since they put security in years ago, which significantly slows down the loading process. We're also not especially thrilled with the resort itself - the tower is very, very noisy, the elevators are ponderously slow (and if I have to hear Goofy announce the floor one more time, I'll knock out the speakers), the pool has absolutely no shade so it's very uncomfortable to go during the day, and I'm not that keen on the new room theming or the bathroom configuration. I will say that the rooms are very large, which is nice, and there are some great dining options.

Beach Club/Yacht Club is very convenient to Epcot, which we really like since we also spend a lot of our time there. It's so easy to pop back to your room, relax, spend some time in the pool and then go back out to Epcot, go over to Swan/Dolphin for dining, head up to HS. And of course, the pool is fabulous. We prefer BC over YC primarily because of the theming. I used to find YC too dark, but they've since gone with lighter colours but it still feels more formal to me, and it's also the location of most of the conference goers, so it can be kind of busy if there's a conference on. But they're both great resorts. I will say that I think that YC has better storage space. YC is closer to the boat loading dock and for walking to Swan/Dolphin but BC is closer to Epcot and Skyliner. All-in-all, my vote is for BC.

I would do contemporary. It is worth trying once if you've never stayed on the monorail loop and it's unusual for it to be available for the same price as BC/YC. You can always do YC/BC next trip (though of those two YC would be my preference for the balcony).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter