• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Got notified yesterday that my second shot got moved up from august 5th to now july 6th.Got AZ the first time but the way it's worded makes me believe it will be Pfizer this time.Either way,we're getting it.

Who notified you? Where did you get your first shot?

My daughter got her vaccine this morning (12-17 age group) and her 2nd shot has been scheduled for July! They said it was a brand new decision, all youth who are returning to in-class school get their 2nd shots within 56 days. If she wasn't returning in person, her 2nd shot would have been scheduled for mid-September.

Got notified yesterday that my second shot got moved up from august 5th to now july 6th.Got AZ the first time but the way it's worded makes me believe it will be Pfizer this time.Either way,we're getting it.
Tell me more about this. I got AZ first time. Wondering about second dose. I’m in Ontario.

Tell me more about this. I got AZ first time. Wondering about second dose. I’m in Ontario.
When i got my first vaccine,April 5, they scheduled me for my second for aug 5th.They had my contact info and yesterday they sent me an e-mail with the new date

Would you mind sharing why you think the second shot might be Pfizer? It’s what the hubster is hoping for in terms of his second shot, but we haven’t heard anything about them approving that or moving forward with mixing yet.

My doctors office emailed me a couple weeks ago saying they had some Moderna vaccines available. I called 20 minutes later to book my appointment. 6-10hrs after the shot, I got super tired and a small headache. Advil helped. Hoping to get my second dose soon!

Would you mind sharing why you think the second shot might be Pfizer? It’s what the hubster is hoping for in terms of his second shot, but we haven’t heard anything about them approving that or moving forward with mixing yet.
Right after name, date,check-in, location,it says" vaccine-Pfizer-eligible for ages 12 and over at time of vaccination".I could be wrong,but that's my impression.My wife thinks that it means for the 12 year olds they'll get the Pfizer.

My daughter got her vaccine this morning (12-17 age group) and her 2nd shot has been scheduled for July! They said it was a brand new decision, all youth who are returning to in-class school get their 2nd shots within 56 days. If she wasn't returning in person, her 2nd shot would have been scheduled for mid-September.

You are in Ontario, right? Do you know if this is a provincial rule or local health unit policy? My DD goes on Tuesday. If she will be getting her second dose before the end of July, that could change our late August plans :) Not that I ever count on something 100% these days.

You are in Ontario, right? Do you know if this is a provincial rule or local health unit policy? My DD goes on Tuesday. If she will be getting her second dose before the end of July, that could change our late August plans :) Not that I ever count on something 100% these days.
Yes, we are in Southwestern Ontario, but I don't know if it's a local health unit rule or not. I'd be curious to hear other experiences in the coming days if it's across the province or not. They did say it was a brand new decision so not sure if it was that day or recent days.
Really gives me hope for a more normal fall for school, with maybe even activities/sports/clubs!

Right after name, date,check-in, location,it says" vaccine-Pfizer-eligible for ages 12 and over at time of vaccination".I could be wrong,but that's my impression.My wife thinks that it means for the 12 year olds they'll get the Pfizer.
Pfizer is the only vaccine presently approved for youth 12+

Just wanted to let you know that I read this morning, it is our health unit that is prioritizing youth 12+ right now.

Yes, I feel like it will be an early night for me. I keep catching myself nodding off mid post.
That was my main “side-effect” - I was so tired Saturday evening (my shot was about 5 pm) that once I sat down I could barely keep my eyes open, which is unusual for me at any time. Even when I’m tired. I went upstairs early and planned on watching something on my iPad... well I passed out within a minute. The next day I had a minor headache (that was yesterday) and otherwise just a sore arm.

My friend had her 12 yo daughter vaccinated yesterday (SW Ontario) and her second dose appt was also set up for July! Her 12 yo will be the first one in their family to be fully vaccinated even though the parents are in their late 40s.

My DS (16) has a Sept appt for his second dose. I wonder how I get that changed? (ontario)
My ds went for his appointment yesterday. His second appointment is September and they didn’t mention changing it . I’m thinking further guidance will come out on that as the details are firmed up .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter