• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
My DS (16) has a Sept appt for his second dose. I wonder how I get that changed? (ontario)
Me too! I called yesterday and the person in the phone just said that come mid August I could move up the appointment. That’s what it says on the website. More frustration. Continued inequitable access to vaccines.

My PHU doesn’t use the Ontario booking system so we are able to go in to reschedule the second dose for my kids who are in that age group which they are prioritizing. I cannot do it for my own second dose though
I’ve tried to do that but I just get looped into the Ontario portal (which I don’t recall happening two weeks ago) and I can’t do anything. Ah well. I guess I wait til August. Not a big deal really.

DD got her vaccine today. Public health nurse that I know was working the discharge area so we chatted. She says the provincial portal will open on June 27 for rescheduling of second shots for those 12-17 (maybe up to 25 -- not sure) beginning on August 7 or 9 (I can't remember which she said). This was info that they received very recently.

Got notified yesterday that my second shot got moved up from august 5th to now july 6th.Got AZ the first time but the way it's worded makes me believe it will be Pfizer this time.Either way,we're getting it.
That's awesome! What province are you in? I received my AZ shot April 5th here in Ontario and am scheduled for my second July 26th. I know I will be eligible to rebook as of June 28th but am feeling impatient. I am so ready to be done with all of this.

That's awesome! What province are you in? I received my AZ shot April 5th here in Ontario and am scheduled for my second July 26th. I know I will be eligible to rebook as of June 28th but am feeling impatient. I am so ready to be done with all of this.
I'm in the same boat. I got vaccinated on April 20th and I'm scheduled for my second on August 10th. I keep checking to see when I can move it. I'm also glad the 12-25s get to move their's up. My 2 18 year olds were due for their second shots on September 6th and 12th. We are suppose to be at Disney August 27 to Sept 11. I'll feel better that they will be fully vaccinated.

I'm in the same boat. I got vaccinated on April 20th and I'm scheduled for my second on August 10th. I keep checking to see when I can move it. I'm also glad the 12-25s get to move their's up. My 2 18 year olds were due for their second shots on September 6th and 12th. We are suppose to be at Disney August 27 to Sept 11. I'll feel better that they will be fully vaccinated.
Same here! My oldest son and I are going August 7th - 15th to celebrate his 21st birthday. He had his first vaccine May 22nd and his 2nd is scheduled for September 11th. I am hoping his will be moved up as well. What do you think will happen with quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers?

We're in Ottawa{stittsville},Ontario

Same here! My oldest son and I are going August 7th - 15th to celebrate his 21st birthday. He had his first vaccine May 22nd and his 2nd is scheduled for September 11th. I am hoping his will be moved up as well. What do you think will happen with quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers?
I'm hoping they won't exist. If we can prove we are fully vaccinated why would we have to test or quarantine.

Hey guys. Honestly I am still on the fence about getting the vaccine. We (DH and DD and I) have appointments tomorrow to get our first Pfizer shots. I don't know if we will do it. I have been hesitant about it since they came out. It feels like everyone else is doing it, so we should too, but I hate feeling like that. Anyone else still not 100% sure about getting it or did you have any bad reactions to it when you got it? Also have they done enough studies on children aged 12+ yet? Really? What about the myocarditis risk now.. ughhh. :guilty:
I'm just so nervous, but we also want to be able to travel again freely without worry!

Hey guys. Honestly I am still on the fence about getting the vaccine. We (DH and DD and I) have appointments tomorrow to get our first Pfizer shots. I don't know if we will do it. I have been hesitant about it since they came out. It feels like everyone else is doing it, so we should too, but I hate feeling like that. Anyone else still not 100% sure about getting it or did you have any bad reactions to it when you got it? Also have they done enough studies on children aged 12+ yet? Really? What about the myocarditis risk now.. ughhh. :guilty:
I'm just so nervous, but we also want to be able to travel again freely without worry!
I understand feeling nervous, that's only natural. Have you spoken to your primary health care provider about your concerns? I was not worried at all as the risks from the vaccine were far less that the risks of getting sick from Covid. I am a kindergarten teacher so it was extra important for me to be protected. I had a slight headache, low grade fever and chills for about 24 hours after my first shot. All signs of a healthy immune response! My three sons (19, 19 and 21) only felt tired and one had some soreness at the injection site. Otherwise they were fine. Honestly, I just want my life back so was quite happy to get vaccinated. I hope you make the decision that feels right for you.

So simple. Wish Ontario could follow suit.
I wish BC would follow suit, too. They are sending out 2nd dose invites to those 70+, and tomorrow there will be another announcement on second doses for those of us that got AZ (approving the mix and matching I'm guessing). But I'd like a timeline then.

I wish BC would follow suit, too. They are sending out 2nd dose invites to those 70+, and tomorrow there will be another announcement on second doses for those of us that got AZ (approving the mix and matching I'm guessing). But I'd like a timeline then.

I got AZ too and am anxiously waiting to hear what they say...I will be annoyed if my friends who got Pfizer get their 2nd doses before DH and I who got AZ weeks earlier...will you mix and match? My DD17 decided to get hers (we left it to her) but obviously our 4 year old can't...the question is...will we be allowed right!

I got AZ too and am anxiously waiting to hear what they say...I will be annoyed if my friends who got Pfizer get their 2nd doses before DH and I who got AZ weeks earlier...will you mix and match? My DD17 decided to get hers (we left it to her) but obviously our 4 year old can't...the question is...will we be allowed right!
While most of our friend circle got AZ as well, I have a couple friends who got Pfizer and I will be very annoyed if they get their second shots before we do, not gonna lie 😈 My husband is like JUST GIVE ME WHATEVER SHOT YOU WANT. lol So yes, I think we will both mix and math. DD 12 got her first Pfizer on Saturday, she was SO happy to get it, she would have gotten it months ago if she could! But like your youngest, we still have one under 12 (she turns 11 this November).

While most of our friend circle got AZ as well, I have a couple friends who got Pfizer and I will be very annoyed if they get their second shots before we do, not gonna lie 😈 My husband is like JUST GIVE ME WHATEVER SHOT YOU WANT. lol So yes, I think we will both mix and math. DD 12 got her first Pfizer on Saturday, she was SO happy to get it, she would have gotten it months ago if she could! But like your youngest, we still have one under 12 (she turns 11 this November).

None of my friends got AZ (because of the clotting thing :eyeroll), some of hubbies got AZ, but mine (other than the health care workers who got Moderna or Pfizer) wait for Pfizer...My husband is the same LOL- "give me WHATEVER!!" :lmao: Me- I just want to be told which one is the best with AZ, but will probably take what I can get first. Our big girl is just like "I want it to get this thing over as soon as we can!!" so wanted her shot as soon as she could get it too.

I was just able to get on the waitlist to book my second AZ shot so hopefully I'll get the link soon to book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter