Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Two doses of AZ - The first on Apr 20 and the second 8 weeks later to the day. Same for DH. The first dose knocked us both off our rockers. Aches, pains, night sweats from hour 12 through to 36. Zero side effects from the second dose.

Happy with our choice. Two doses of the same vaccine, proven viral vector vaccine technology, very limited risk re blood clotting issue re dose 2 (which frankly wasn’t a big concern for me in dose 1), and only 7 more days to go until I am 14 days post-dose 2 and considered “fully vaccinated”. 👍🏻

Move the dose by 1 day, and I'm you! Although my very lucky husband got no side effects from AZ dose 1 either. Don't worry, I got ALL of them for the both of us. I think I practically skipped back to the car knowing I was FULLY VACCINATED!!

My brother and I got our second shots today - first time was Pfizer (back on April 13th) and this time we got Moderna. I am going to be of the mind set that I am not going to get any symptoms and keep my fingers crossed. I am just sitting back chilling now having a nice cold glass of water, a container of yoghurt then I am going to snack on some chocolate rosebuds.

No, no my method for not getting too many symptoms was to keep moving. Move that arm, go for a walk, get sleep when your body tells you it needs it.

Just kidding, do whatever your body is comfortable with. Rosebuds sound good.

No, no my method for not getting too many symptoms was to keep moving. Move that arm, go for a walk, get sleep when your body tells you it needs it.

Just kidding, do whatever your body is comfortable with. Rosebuds sound good.
Yup I was dancing to my get up and go music and yup the Rosebuds were delicious.

I always preferred the macaroons (the chocolate ones) to the rosebuds, but I'd take either :) I liked the Dark Buds too, though they were harder to find.
Nope I am not a macaroon fan but I was really happy to see the rosebuds (or rosebud wannabe) at Dollar Tree. They are called Chocolaty Buds. My sister asked if they had any dark ones but nope.
OMG, I used to love rosebuds! And those Buried Treasure ice creamy treats with the treasure stick. And Orange Pineapple ice cream is amazing too. Wow, how quickly I went down the rabbit hole on this one LOL
Oh wow I loved Buried Treasures - we had them at my Senior Public School in the mid 70's and we would get money to spend at lunch. I also loved an ice cream treat called Jets then as well and I am happy that Chapmans makes a similar product.
Canadian Collection - Tiger Paw orange sorbet bar. chapmans jets.png
My fave and it is something that I will pay full price for since a lot of stores don't carry it. Yummy - I should have one of those tonight but I will save that one for tomorrow.

I always preferred the macaroons (the chocolate ones) to the rosebuds, but I'd take either :) I liked the Dark Buds too, though they were harder to find.
View attachment 584286

omg, this picture brings back so many memories! My favourites were the ones that tasted like Turtles chocolates and the ones that were like Crispy Crunch chocolates. Just looked them up, because I’m that old and I can’t remember, they were called Slow Pokes and Willow Crisp.
0D263DF8-01CC-4D20-A876-6231D236BAAC.jpeg

omg, this picture brings back so many memories! My favourites were the ones that tasted like Turtles chocolates and the ones that were like Crispy Crunch chocolates. Just looked them up, because I’m that old and I can’t remember, they were called Slow Pokes and Willow Crisp.
View attachment 584300

When I was in high school we had to change (city) buses at the mall and there was a grocery store that sold these, we'd often get a box for like $1 and eat them on the second half of the bus ride :D

Okay, one last treat.

Dickie Dee...tri-colour rocket popsicle! Not sure I could chase anyone down the street with bare feet nowadays!

View attachment 584298
Okay and I can tell you that tomorrow is Bomb Pop day which is a celebration of the US version of this. We should all go out and find one of these and enjoy them tomorrow.

Add me to the 2nd dose list! Got AZ on April 22nd and Moderna yesterday. My arm hurt a lot at the injection site last night (enough that it kept me awake) and today I feel a little bit tired (not sure how much is due to the shot and how much is due to having a poor sleep last night) but tylenol is helping :) And I'm still able to carry on with regular life. It's my 50th birthday today and full vaccination is the BEST GIFT EVER!!

Just got my second dose today, Pfizer. Changed my vote on the poll too. Came home via the drugstore and got some Advil in case of a reaction.
Had my second shot at the same venue where I got my first shot. Wow, was it different today! Way busier. Parking lot was about 3/4 full, and we were lined up inside (socially distanced and masked) for about 15 minutes to get a shot. Total elapsed time was about 45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter