Poll: Halloween vs Christmas? If you've never been during these times, when would you go?

Poll: Halloween vs Christmas? If you've never been during these times, when would you go?

• Halloween

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Christmas

Votes: 51 63.8%

• Total voters

Moana of Motunui

Mouseketeer
Planning on doing a bounce back next fall for free dining. We've never been during Halloween time or Christmas time (time meaning when the parks/resorts are decorated).

What do you pick?

We love Disney at Christmastime. MK at Halloween is our second favorite...tied with EPCOT during Flower and Garden.

Been to Flower and Garden, Halloween and Christmas (and when there is nothing special going on!)...

Our favorite is definitely fall / Halloween. The Christmas decorations are fabulous but I don't find that they leave me with a warm cozy feeling like the fall ones do. And the Halloween parties are amazing - the parade and fire works are the BEST there is. The Christmas parade is just a 'parade on steroids' ... While boo-to-you is like nothing you will see anywhere else!

Also - we prefer the weather in April/May and October over December. December is very erratic and can be COLD (think 30s and 40s possible!!)

Halloween for me is reserved every year for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. However seeing all the pumpkins and decorations at Disney is pretty cool.

But it doesn't come close to the Christmas decorations and vibe. I love going to Disney around Christmas time and love the atmosphere they have

Depends on which holiday you like better! I love the fall decorations and the Halloween Party was lit. But I would say the Halloween Party is geared more towards younger kids. The Christmas decorations are stunningly beautiful. And there's also more to do during Christmas time. Besides the party, there's Holidays Around the World and the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. The resorts also have decorations up and it's fun to resort hop. The only downside is that Christmas is more crowded! But if you go early enough and plan smartly it's not that much of a problem.

I haven't seen it at Halloween, though I'd love to. Have seen it at Christmas, and am going back again this year. So you can guess where my vote goes...

I've been during both times (mid October and the first week of December). So much depends on what you enjoy though. Halloween coincides with the food & wine festival at Epcot which we loved. The NSSHP was so much more fun than the Holiday party. And we found the weather better in October (the monorail track froze when we were there in December and we were stuck waiting at the Contemporary for several hours on our last day). However, all of the resorts looked amazing in December. There's a chance you'll be able to see them tape the Christmas parade that airs on TV later in the month (which also means extra crowds at MK, but celebrities around the park). We found the crowds to be about the same those times of the year, but when we were planning it seems like crowds get much worse as Christmas nears.

I've been during both and I prefer Christmas, I just like the decorations better. I'm not a fan of the fact that they start decorating for both waaaaaaay too early but it is what it is. If you time it right, you can be there for both.

Based on numerous horror stories about Christmas crowds I doubt I'd ever go then. We were there 2 Halloweens ago but Food&Wine was the attraction.

Bill From PA

I have been to both and I love Halloween time. It has been a while since I have been for Christmas time so we are going there this year. I have missed it but it will not be the same without the Osborne Lights for me. They have a very special place in my heart as my mom passed away 3 months after finally getting to go and see them and she loved them and loved going during Christmas time. Personally if it was me I would go to Halloween if you can swing the party and if not then Christmas time because there is just more things to see during Christmas like the resorts.

We've done both. I prefer Halloween for the crowd levels and F&W. It's still hot so if you want pool time it is more likely. I like how MK is decorated for the fall. If you want decorations, then Christmas is the time to go! Crowds especially between Christmas and NYE will be very large. It's still fun and have been some of our favorite trips. I'd take a trip during either!

I prefer Christmas, and if you go in the first couple weeks of December the crowds aren't bad at all.

We went in September last year and it was nice, but I'm really ready to get back to our usual December trip this year.

I wanted to add that going the first week of November you can sort of experience both!

The MK has been in pretty much full Christmas decor including the jungle cruise and Elsa castle show just 2-3 days after the final Halloween party! And the Christmas party is right around the corner too!

Epcot doesn't convert until after F&W, so you wouldn't see that part...and the different countries Christmas displays are some of my favorite things...but the early November trip is a good way to get a feel for both!!

I have been to both even though Halloween was several years ago. Christmas is still the ultimate trip. I feel bad for my mother in law who was are planning a trip this Dec. She has never been and we are taking her than...I feel bad that she will have this trip and be disappointed when she goes another time.

Our favorite is definitely fall / Halloween. The Christmas decorations are fabulous but I don't find that they leave me with a warm cozy feeling like the fall ones do. And the Halloween parties are amazing - the parade and fire works are the BEST there is. The Christmas parade is just a 'parade on steroids' ... While boo-to-you is like nothing you will see anywhere else!
I agree with this 100%!!!!! :goodvibes I love fall/halloween!

If you were talking about the ACTUAL holiday, I would say Halloween cuz I hear Christmas is NUTS....but my fav time to go is in the first 2 weeks of December with the Holidays around the World and the Candlelight Processional and the MVMCP (before it got dumbed down)....ad all the decorations!

Halloween can be quite busy nowadays, and hot. I would choose Christmas time. The decorations are really nice. Yes, it is crowded, but the weather is cooler, and if you plan strategically, you can still get on rides. You will need to go to some rope drops, book your FPs, and have your ADRs in place.

Frankly I want to vote "both" for very different reasons. I am a very VERY Christmas person. As in before thanksgiving I'm itching to get my house transformed (literally) for the holidays. It's my favorite holiday. I'm not really big into Halloween

I love visiting WDW at Halloween / it's fun, the atmosphere is very festive, I love love LOVE the Halloween party. However depending I what time you go, it's still very hot and humid (which is really the only thing i DONT like about visiting at Halloween. The crowds are lighter in late august, and September. The crowds do build up again as you get closer to Halloween, but it's still relatively "lighter" then other major holidays
I love visiting at Christmas just because of how festive everything is. I enjoyed the Christmas party and everything is beautiful. During the beginning of December the crowds are pretty light, but as you get closer to actual Christmas, the crowds get huge. As a plus side, the weather is a lot less humid then day in July or August. We have had to wear a light jacket in December and also bathing suits. So the weather is a little more unpredictable.

Neither is a bad choice - if you don't have kids school schedules to work around go after thanksgiving and before Christmas (as early as you can in December). The weather is awesome, crowds are very manageable and the decorations are Devine

If the question was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, I would absolutely 100% choose Halloween!!!

I'm choosing Halloween season over Christmas season this year because of MNSSHP <3

However, if parties were not a factor, I like Christmas at WDW the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter