Poll: Honest thoughts on 'Ohana?

Is 'Ohana worth the price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The never ending increase in prices has made most of the restaurants a bad value for anyone paying OOP, more so now than let's say 5 years ago. The dining plan being an alternate form of currency skews the reality of the cost for most people. When you are paying with a credit, it doesn't feel the same as paying out of pocket. I think unless you polled people by dining plan vs. oop, you're getting mixed feedback. Don't get me wrong, people do pay a lot for the dining plan as well, but somewhere in trading of credits for meals, it gets all fuzzy about what you are really paying.

I'm not looking for a Signature dining experience when we eat at places like 'Ohana and HDDR thus don't get myself tied up in a knot over most of what is going on. The service is what I'd expect from a TGIF/Appleby's/Rainbow Cafe type place; great theming overall and it's food the younger ones request every time we go. I'd spend my money here over somewhere like BOG dinner or CRT in a heartbeat.

Our food came out at lightning speed. We had barely sat down before the guys came over with the appetizers. We ordered alcoholic drinks from our server. They didn’t arrive until our meal was almost done.

The chicken and shrimp were very good. The beef was probably the toughest beef I’ve ever had in my life. I’m not exaggerated either. My father in law said we were eating horse meat.

I do think it’s overrated, but plan on going back someday.

Side note, we ate breakfast there a few days later. The food was mediocre. Very expensive for scrambled eggs and waffles. The table next to us was a family of about 25 people. They insisted the characters take pictures with every family member combination. We had kids with us and they wanted pictures too. We were there for over two and a half hours thanks to this family. At one point in time a manager came out to speak to them about the characters needing to make the rounds to all the tables. The patriarch of the table told the manager, “I paid a lot of money for this breakfast and you will not rush us.”

We go about every two years. Never had a bad experience like many that I see here on the Dis. Paying cash this time. No I don’t think it’s worth the price they charge, but I’m in the middle because I don’t necessarily think it’s overrated either.

We neither loved, nor hated it. We went once or twice. If we were staying in the Polynesian, we might go back, but we're really not in a hurry.
When we stay at Poly we never make an ADR for 'Ohana just order the room service version and eat on the terrace in our PJs or swimsuits. Good laid back living. The kids love it but my adults tolerate it:).

We go every trip. Have gone twice on a trip also. It is a must for our whole family. I hate hearing stories of bad food/service/experience. We have had nothing but the best experiences there. We actually took my parents this past November. I was so nervous because we had talked it up so much and I wanted them to enjoy it! They absolutely loved it!

This. We would never NOT go to Ohana. If I could only eat at one restaurant every day of our trip, we would always choose Ohana. Even my Disney-Hater Husband has a soft spot in his heart for Ohana. Sometimes our service has been better than others, but I've never, ever had an experience there that I would call "bad".

It's ok, but nothing I would go out of my way for. Food is ok, nothing noteworthy but certainly will fill you up. Unless you're going to view the fireworks, it's a pretty average experience, IMO. But I always think it's best to experience something for yourself rather than rely on somebody else's (else's - is that a word?) opinion. Have a great trip whatever you decide!

I definitely think it depends on who you're going with. For my next trip, we're not super big eaters and a heavy meal in the middle of July doesn't really appeal to us. However, when it's a bit cooler and we have some hungry teenagers with us, it's well worth the money. Sometimes the service is so-so, but I've never felt rushed when I've dined here.

I voted for overrated because I felt like the service was awful when I went. Personally, I think if you're curious and can afford to add this restaurant as a bonus to your trip and still do all the other restaurants/activities you wanted to do, then go for it! I, however, would never sacrifice something else for this. The salad and bread pudding are not overrated--very well deserved to be praised. Meats were also great. Just don't expect quality service for what you're paying.

(Voted for overrated)
We went for breakfast when we stayed at the Poly in September 2018. Not the great character experience I was hoping for. We waited 45 minutes for a table. By the time we were seated, they were closing up. Everyone left was crammed in the back so the staff could stack up chairs on the nice tables by the windows. My 2 year old was cranky from waiting so long. The characters came by for a picture, but no interaction. $100+ for an IHOP meal for 2. I have no desire to go back, and am leery of booking another character meal now, honestly. I got better pictures and interaction in the parks.

We did it years ago, and it seems chaotic. I recalled the food being pretty good, so when we stay at the Poly in 2015 we got the room service equivalent of the O'hana meal. It was SO much food (same stuff they serve at O'hana dinner), and it was only 2 TS credits, yet with 4 adults, we had food leftover, so we thought it was a good DDP value doing it that way. Obviously not an option if you aren't a Poly guest, but might be helpful to someone out there :daisy:

I chose "None of the above". I think 'Ohana is exactly as good as I expect it to be. Food is decent but not great, the atmosphere is fun and the Bread Pudding is my favourite dessert at WDW.

Worth every penny? Absolutely not. The price has become outrageous. The only way this one makes sense is as a single credit dinner on the DP.

We went for the breakfast two years ago, and we really liked it.
I voted "worth every penny," but honestly it was simply good. It wasn't outstanding, but I didn't really find much wrong with it either.

No vote from me yet - first WDW trip in August and this will be our first TS meal. Hoping we'll see it as a 'Worth every penny'! Not sure if having not eaten at WDW before will influence our thinking.

We love it - for my 40th next week we are actually going there for my birthday dinner. We don't mind paying out of pocket vs dining plan for it, it is no different than a nice steak house, etc in the price - but we love the atmosphere and always just tell them ahead that we are pacing dinner and to hold out bringing apps until the salad is done, etc. I usually ask to be sat away from little kids or the coconut race thing and they are usually pretty good about it

It was a regular on our trips for a while, but this last visit in October was barely "ok." The meat was barely edible, but everything else was on point. I think I'll give it some time before going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter