POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem was that "if" I was to check to on the 7th my tickets were removed from the package since the park was closed :(

We had a similar issue... Rescheduled split stay 7/10-7/14 Poly (package with 3 Day PH) and 7/14-7/17 OKW (Rented points) from Memorial Day.

They were able to modify my reservation, BUT I had to take the 10th off my reservation in order to keep my three days of tickets. I was like “no matter what I need to keep the Tickets!!!”

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

The CM couldn’t add one night as they’re not open for “new” reservations... nor could she add three days to my tickets like I need, so I’ll keep calling to see if that can happen.

I ended up renting points for one night at AKL for the 10th so I wouldn’t have to change my flights. So now it’s a triple split stay...

That said, I did still get the 35% off my changed reservation (had the free dining offer from the reschedule). And it’s actually more in line cost wise with my original Memorial Day reservation before we decided to upgrade resorts (Disney math 😂) for our July trip... small wins I guess?!

And no matter what, we’ll still be at Disney and a day at Disney is better than a day at home!

Longtime lurker, first time poster here.
My dates are 7/6-7/15 at WL booked in January with the free dining offer. I got the email a while back about the 35% off due to the removal of the dining plan.

I have heard nothing else and we are due to arrive in 19 days! The dining plan is gone from MDE but tickets still show 7 day hoppers which don’t exist anymore. Not sure when I will hear anything else...so frustrating.

My dates are 7/6-7/15 at WL booked in January with the free dining offer. I got the email a while back about the 35% off due to the removal of the dining plan.

I have heard nothing else and we are due to arrive in 19 days! The dining plan is gone from MDE but tickets still show 7 day hoppers which don’t exist anymore. Not sure when I will hear anything else...so frustrating.

I would call, but prepare for them to tell you they have to remove the tickets if you keep the 7/6-7/10 part of your trip...

I have a trip July 7-12 and they told me today on the phone that I would see an email this week or next week by the latest about modifying etc. I believe they’re ‘dealing’ with all reservations with checkout date by July 11 right now so we should be the next wave. Either way very frustrating.

July 17-21, we're going. My AP expired May 10th so the window of my extension isn't super long, but getting a refund for ~2 months isn't a huge amount of money either. I'd rather go get a bit of Disney in, then take a break until 2021, vs getting around $200 back and not going back to Disney until next year. I just want to be there. :)

Cancelled for 7/6-7/19 but rescheduled 1 hour before they stopped reservations after the parks announcement for 7/13-7/27 at POP. I hope we hear soon what is happening with our resort. We are flying and already have rescheduled 3 times.

Our Platinum APs were set to expire 6/5. We had a baby and had no plans of renewing our APs or making the trip down from the Mid-Atlantic until 2021 at the earliest.
With how hard this stay-at-home period has been, especially with our newborn, and with the news that our APs are being extended a few months, we used our DVC points to book on an impulse BLT theme-park view for July 9 through July 11 in the hopes of getting an AP preview on the 10th and trying for MK reservation on the 11th before leaving for home in the evening. We've been taking a "wait and see" approach, with all of our reservations (DVC, flights, car rental) still being refundable/re-bookable without penalty to this point (Southwest Airlines).

My work has me on a 'forced PTO drawdown' schedule, which basically means I am being forced to use a day's worth of PTO every other Friday. It stinks since I'm having to burn my PTO without getting to have a vacation... and to be frank I feel that I've never in my life needed a vacation more than I do right now. We figured that we may as well try to benefit from some time at Disney while I'm being forced to use vacation hours. We really feel the need to get away somewhere.. enjoy some time at the place that makes us happy, as I'm sure many of you feel this as well.

We're keeping tabs on the news (rising Florida COVID cases, airport cleaning procedures/risks, etc.) and anxiously awaiting for when the new reservation system drops to see if it's really worth our time to head down there with a 3 month old. We just want to walk down main street and hear the music and then walk back to our room where we can look at the MK from our balcony... we've never wanted or needed to do that more than we do at this moment. I know that if we go through with it we are likely to draw some judgment/side-eye from folks for doing so in these times... we still aren't sure if we're going through with it... but I'm desperately trying to make it work.

Got the official email from Disney that I can make my park reservations Monday morning! This will be our deciding factor as the only thing that would prevent us from going at this point is if we cannot get into any parks. We are not picky, we just want to be able to go to a park each day.

Got the official email from Disney that I can make my park reservations Monday morning! This will be our deciding factor as the only thing that would prevent us from going at this point is if we cannot get into any parks. We are not picky, we just want to be able to go to a park each day.

I am SO curious how hard it will be to get a reservation! We arrive on the 16th of July and this is the deciding factor for us too (I think)! I hope it all works out! I feel the same way...I just want a reservation per day of my stay. We aren't super picky. I wonder how difficult it will be to achieve that?

Us too...Looks like Monday will tell the tale:) I'm feeling pretty positive tho. However, I am pretty bummed we won't be able to park hop. Especially after they just announced the Food and Wine festival---we were REALLY hoping to hop over there in the evenings...especially since the other parks close so early.

Our Platinum APs were set to expire 6/5. We had a baby and had no plans of renewing our APs or making the trip down from the Mid-Atlantic until 2021 at the earliest.
With how hard this stay-at-home period has been, especially with our newborn, and with the news that our APs are being extended a few months, we used our DVC points to book on an impulse BLT theme-park view for July 9 through July 11 in the hopes of getting an AP preview on the 10th and trying for MK reservation on the 11th before leaving for home in the evening. We've been taking a "wait and see" approach, with all of our reservations (DVC, flights, car rental) still being refundable/re-bookable without penalty to this point (Southwest Airlines).

My work has me on a 'forced PTO drawdown' schedule, which basically means I am being forced to use a day's worth of PTO every other Friday. It stinks since I'm having to burn my PTO without getting to have a vacation... and to be frank I feel that I've never in my life needed a vacation more than I do right now. We figured that we may as well try to benefit from some time at Disney while I'm being forced to use vacation hours. We really feel the need to get away somewhere.. enjoy some time at the place that makes us happy, as I'm sure many of you feel this as well.

We're keeping tabs on the news (rising Florida COVID cases, airport cleaning procedures/risks, etc.) and anxiously awaiting for when the new reservation system drops to see if it's really worth our time to head down there with a 3 month old. We just want to walk down main street and hear the music and then walk back to our room where we can look at the MK from our balcony... we've never wanted or needed to do that more than we do at this moment. I know that if we go through with it we are likely to draw some judgment/side-eye from folks for doing so in these times... we still aren't sure if we're going through with it... but I'm desperately trying to make it work.
Well.. we're going to hang on a little bit longer and play the AP preview and reservation game on Monday... But after today's positive COVID tests report on Florida I must say our trip is officially on the ropes.

If Florida's numbers don't turn around very soon.. there's just no way I can justify coming. I'm pretty bent up about it... But that's just the way it is.

By the way, if the numbers keep doing what they're doing lately.. none of you will have to worry about your July trips. This July reopening is officially in danger. Things are looking pretty rough.

I think - in this situation - there is no right or wrong. Disney is trying their best to please guests while staying safe. They are approaching with caution.
We did cancel because I have cancer, and we felt that I am better off at home.
Follow your own best advice. The decision is yours. From person to person - opinions and decisions will be different.

Well, I originally clicked Going- DVC Member, but our airline cancelled our original flights and put our whole trip on the rocks in one fell swoop. I was luckily able to rebook our DVC reservations and modifying Universal was of course a breeze. However, now I am really waffling about whether to keep July 18-August 5 or rebook for July 25-August 12. I wonder whether giving Disney an additional week to iron out the wrinkles isn’t the worst idea. I guess the bright side is that none of us have ever even dreamed about having such a flexible Disney vacation before!

Well.. we're going to hang on a little bit longer and play the AP preview and reservation game on Monday... But after today's positive COVID tests report on Florida I must say our trip is officially on the ropes.

If Florida's numbers don't turn around very soon.. there's just no way I can justify coming. I'm pretty bent up about it... But that's just the way it is.

By the way, if the numbers keep doing what they're doing lately.. none of you will have to worry about your July trips. This July reopening is officially in danger. Things are looking pretty rough.
Someone posted this on another thread: "Florida governor had a press conference today--- Governor Desantis just had an excellent Press Conference. Spike in cases due to more testing and contact tracing. Cases are 20 and 30 somethings mostly asymptomatic. Hospital capacity and ICU beds have more capacity than April. It’s business as usual in Florida..." So sounds like Florida won't be closing down again---so that's a good sign for all us July folks!

We’re still in the Undetermined but leaning towards going, but are now leaning even more towards going since the APs have been extended and would cover our dates. Just waiting for Monday’s reservation system and to hear whether we get to stay at Poly or moved to DVC and if we can modify the tickets we had in our reservation. But, feeling hopeful that it will all work out.

Someone posted this on another thread: "Florida governor had a press conference today--- Governor Desantis just had an excellent Press Conference. Spike in cases due to more testing and contact tracing. Cases are 20 and 30 somethings mostly asymptomatic. Hospital capacity and ICU beds have more capacity than April. It’s business as usual in Florida..." So sounds like Florida won't be closing down again---so that's a good sign for all us July folks!
I'm a "July folk" and I don't see this as a good sign at all. I'm not being political here, but the numbers that are happening are NOT just due to increased testing. Young, asymptomatic people are still carrying and spreading the virus. You are seeing exponential growth that exceeds Desantis' own self-proclaimed "safe" number of 10% positive. This has disaster written all over it. I don't believe that Desantis will shut things down, but Disney is not going to allow people to get sick/die as a result. It would murder their brand. I'm from NY and saw first hand how one week of inaction in a population center can have catastrophic effects. I hope that the spread slows and that Disney indeed opens, but I for one would not be surprised if the July 11th we are all anticipating never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter