POLL: Just for fun...when are you planning your next trip because of what’s going on and/or because of canceling of a current planned trip

When are you planning your next trip?

• Before July 2020

Votes: 51 13.4%
  • July 2020

Votes: 56 14.7%
  • August 2020

Votes: 70 18.4%
  • September 2020

Votes: 50 13.1%
  • October 2020

Votes: 41 10.8%
  • November 2020

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • December 2020

Votes: 34 8.9%
  • January 2021

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • February 2021

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • March 2021 or After

Votes: 66 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I already have running trips planned for November (Wine & Dine Half) and January (WDW Marathon). Was slated to do Star Wars in a couple of weeks, and trying to decide if I want to place that with a late summer trip. Kind of on the fence right now. I may do a quick trip in August sometime?

We cancelled for second week in June and rescheduled for 3rd week of August. I am a little nervous about the heat, but will schedule in lots of pool time. Very hopeful August will happen as we do not have much opportunity to reschedule after that. For those that chose August, what are your dates?!?

We were scheduled to arrive today for 10 nights. Rescheduled for May 21-30 (I'm convinced WDW will be open on May 19th) If that trip gets cancelled I already booked June 5-14. If that one gets cancelled I will just wait till our Christmas trip.

Still hold my reservation for end of may,early June, but if Disney won't cancel I will do later this months. As I am international I'm not sure when we will be able to fly again. So we will plan a may 2021 trip when things start to calm down, so hopefully soon.

I moved my trip to August, but I'm not sure if WDW will be open? I don't really want to be there during the peak of summer either. I have a feeling I won't be going back until late 2021.

I was using the government projections to plan things out so I used the IMHE charts.

It looks like late June will be the end so I planned on June 27th. Fingers crossed.

No one knows for sure and everyone has an opinion on it. But seems to us that we're in this for at least another 2 months before they start opening up places like WDW. More likely 3-6 months. But like most people, we are certainly hoping optimistically it's on the shorter end of that window.

I voted for December because that is what I was planning for a couple of months ago. I’d like to still go but I’ll reassess in the fall to see how I feel about traveling.

We cancelled for second week in June and rescheduled for 3rd week of August. I am a little nervous about the heat, but will schedule in lots of pool time. Very hopeful August will happen as we do not have much opportunity to reschedule after that. For those that chose August, what are your dates?!?
We are scheduled for August 23 - August 30. There is not even a remote plan to pull the kids out of school.

Edit to add: I wish you luck finding ADRs. I've been trying for a couple since 180 days out. Our ADR day there was a glitch, and I missed out on decent times for a few. I've got them, but on a couple the 7 and 9 year old grandkids will be eating dinner at like 9:15 PM.

I have an end of July trip for my DD's birthday. I also have back-up trips for Labor Day and Christmas (Dec 19-23) . All of them are for 4 nights. We'll see. If it doesn't make sense to go this year, we'll go next year.

We are booked for 10 days mid-July... we've been planning this for 2+ years for my daughter's 13th birthday. I'm cautiously optimistic it will still happen, and have not cancelled anything yet (although if Southwest keeps dropping the fare they may end up paying ME to go... :rotfl: ) if not I have a back up trip booked for September which would require pulling her out of school which I'd rather not do.

We were supposed to do a Disney cruise 4/6 which then turned into Disney for a week and is now moved to Memorial weekend. Also have July 4th and September. Not cancelling May until we have to and in that case will probably do a June if the kids aren't back in school but parks are open! Bad enough older DS's senior year is a wash with probably no prom or graduation so really want to get him to Disney before college starts. I'm really not worried at all at this point about July or September :thumbsup2

I can't even attempt to plan anything else this year except what I already have. The only hang up right now are park and airline tickets, though I know I'll get a credit. I can't even begin to guess what the districts will do about school time for the upcoming year (we are out the rest of the year and have been since March 12).

We're DVC and have a 4 night stay at BWV booked for mid-September we are still hoping happens. Our annual passes are set to expire on November 9th so if the closure continues ( and the AP gets extended far enough) we might try to reschedule for mid December or January some time. Luckily our points used to book this reservation are from our 2020 use year so no real issue there if we need to cancel.

We are scheduled for August 23 - August 30. There is not even a remote plan to pull the kids out of school.

Edit to add: I wish you luck finding ADRs. I've been trying for a couple since 180 days out. Our ADR day there was a glitch, and I missed out on decent times for a few. I've got them, but on a couple the 7 and 9 year old grandkids will be eating dinner at like 9:15 PM.
The ADR’s have been a problem. I am residing myself to going with mostly QS. It is a bummer because I had all the ADR’s lined up perfectly for June. What can you do? Yes, we cannot take our kids out of school either...DD will be a senior and any school days off will need to be used for college visits since all of those were canceled this spring. If we don’t make it this August, I think it will be a couple years before we can reschedule.

The ADR’s have been a problem. I am residing myself to going with mostly QS. It is a bummer because I had all the ADR’s lined up perfectly for June. What can you do? Yes, we cannot take our kids out of school either...DD will be a senior and any school days off will need to be used for college visits since all of those were canceled this spring. If we don’t make it this August, I think it will be a couple years before we can reschedule.

You can get 90% of ADRs the night before. I do it all the time, because I hate planning that far in advance.

We have 2 trips planned in for September (F&W) and November (Cruise Sandwich) before the CV situation and these are reflected in the poll. I am booking a replacement trip probably sometime in March for the one we anticipate won't happen in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter