• If I was starving

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smartlabelprint

DIS Veteran
I’m A vegetarian. I could probably order the teriyaki rice bowl with just veggies (I don’t eat tofu). But what veggies are in here? Is it mostly meat?

I can't remember all the vegetables off the top of my head: broccoli, mandarin oranges, carrots, green onions, and onions (don't quote me on everything). There might be more...there's also a sauce in there with a slight kick.

I voted "maybe" because there is always the chance that it might improve. I didn't think it was the worse thing I've ever eaten, but it basically reminded me of the rice bowls you get at a generic shopping mall food court.
Yeah this is how I felt too. It didn't taste awful, but I like that it is filling and not overly heavy.

The only thing I ever eat at this place is the pot stickers. Those rice bowls look SO disgusting and I can make that at home much better. It's a odd option at a theme park, IMO. There are so many better things. The rice bowls across the way at Cocina Cucamonga are a million times better.

We’ve gotten the Korean one, though with tofu, and it wasn’t all tofu at all. There were veggies. One time the rice wasn’t cooked all the way through and that made my then-husband, who is Korean, very unhappy lol. He wanted to go back and reach them how to make rice.

You can always ask them for extra veggies since you aren’t getting the tofu.

Surprised by the poor reviews! I can honestly say this is one of our favorite lunch spots! My mom and I love the chicken rice bowl with the coconut curry sauce! Hubby gets beef bowl with some spicy sauce. DD eats edamame and DS gets the kids meal and an edamame. I think the kids meal is bland but he eats the whole thing. We eat here for lunch at least once a trip.

I voted "maybe" because there is always the chance that it might improve. I didn't think it was the worse thing I've ever eaten, but it basically reminded me of the rice bowls you get at a generic shopping mall food court.

Had to laugh! :) good description! I won't be going back there.....not worth it as there are much better options elsewhere (ie: Paradise Garden Grill).
Anyhow, a Big NO on lucky fortune!

This possible could be the WORST food in both parks.

Not worth the price and quality is like frozen microwave dinner!
Sauce is DISGUSTING!

My husband and I liked the coconut curry tofu from there. It wasn't huge but we enjoyed it. I wanna say it was onion, bok choy, and carrots? Maybe some broccoli.

I actually enjoy this place and often eat there, but I’ve only ever had the chicken bowl with Korean sauce (I like the amount of spice they have). I’d be disappointed if they closed it.

We always go here! We are vegetarian too and get the tofu. My girls like tofu, I think it's just ok, but this tofu is really good. We get the curry version or the teriyaki version. Yum! You can also ask for extra sauce if you would like. As far as veggies go, I can't exactly remember, but for sure broccoli, carrots, onions, etc.

The reactions to this thread are cracking me up. It reminds me of the varying opinions on RR's Pizza Port (I like it, but most people don't).
I don’t! THe pasta is soooo dry compared to boardwalk pizza & pasta. Same with Mexican food. It’s ok at Rancho but at cocina everything feels too moist. Haha!

I’m A vegetarian. I could probably order the teriyaki rice bowl with just veggies (I don’t eat tofu). But what veggies are in here? Is it mostly meat?
I haven't eaten at this place. Many dishes like the one you describe often contain sugar, which I gave up more than 30 years ago, so I always avoid them. But, like you, I'm a longtime vegetarian (24 years :-)). I always suggest the veggie tacos at Rancho Del Zocalo. I like them a lot. Hope this helps.

Veggie 24.jpg

I haven't eaten at this place. Many dishes like the one you describe often contain sugar, which I gave up more than 30 years ago, so I always avoid them. But, like you, I'm a longtime vegetarian (24 years :-)). I always suggest the veggie tacos at Rancho Del Zocalo. I like them a lot. Hope this helps.

View attachment 350873

Are these on the menu or do you ask for them? Sounds delicious!

They're definitely on the menu. I believe they're called "Mexican Street Tacos."

Incidentally, RDZ is where Doritos were invented (three incarnations ago when it was called Casa de Fritos :-).
Thanks. I enjoyed the tacos there. But since they got rid of the salsa brava I don’t like them anymore. That’s the sauce I use at home. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter