POLL - Pick A Pearl - If you received TWIN Pearls

Which location did you pick your TWIN pearls from?

• Japan

• Downtown Disney

• Yacht Club/Beach Club

• Other WDW Location (post location please)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it once with my DD and MIL. I took the "ugliest/ hairiest" advice and got twins. My DD got a huge single pearl that didn't fit into the cage that we had brought with us, and MIL got a standard-sized but very nice white pearl.

There was a boy in front of us who got a beautiful golden pearl but all of ours were a nice creamy white.

We tried 3 pearls in Japan and 1 at BC. The lady at Beach Club told me she had never seen twins in the 6 months she had been working there. I did not get any out of the 4 I bought but it was at the very end of the say too. I suggest going right away in Japan.

just returned last night from 9 days in HOT Disney. I purchased two shells ..one for a granddaughter and one for a great granddaughter.. one was a single silver pearl and then she opened the second shell and inside were twin silver pearls...so we had them ( all three) made up with a necklace type holder with a crystal... They dont do birthstones anymore... all three are just beautiful..( this was at the end of the day..and it takes at least 40 minutes to do the process for jewelry)

My son got twins and my daughter got a single pearl. Location was Japan in World Showcase.

In January- my DD picked the ugliest shell she could see and got twins :)
I picked an ugly shell (but not as ugly as hers) and got a larger sized single pearl.

WE've done pick a pearl at Japan for about 4-5 trips. Usually my daughter and I. She did get twins one time-of course it was the time that I said if I got them I wanted to do earrings. She has a nice pair of pearl earrings now! But I did get a blue one!

I know this is an old thread but I can't contain myself. After my husband and I have done pick a pearl in Japan every trip for at least the past 12 years I FINALLY got my holy grail of TWINS!!!! :worship::flower1::love::yay:

Seriously it was like winning the lottery. I have tried every strategy from pickinh the ugliest shell to the biggest to the smallest. My husband went up first and picked an oyster and got a standard 7mm white pearl. Then I said enough is enough and I just decided to pick one myself. I picked an average to a bit on the small side oyster. At first when the lady opened it was only what looked to be a very small white pearl that she presented. Of course I acted happy because they get so happy, I had to smile. Then she said 'but I have another surprise for you...." My face went into shock and she showed me the twin and I almost cried! I was sooooooo happy to get twins it was ridiculous. I decided to get them put in a earring settings since I have had everything made from my pearls from rings, to cages and pendants to just putting them in the small colored sand bottle. I treasure my twin pearls. It was a looooong wait to get them but the feeling was so worth it.:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter