Poll: Should all bus stops at resorts have lines?

Should all resort bus stops have lines?

• Total voters

Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

DIS Veteran
We have all seen it happen. Someone is patiently waiting in the background at a bus stop at their resort. When the bus finally arrives, those that showed up to the bus stop long after they did gets on the bus before it fills up only to leave those that have been waiting longer to wait for the next bus.

I realize many times there is enough room for everyone so this isn't an issue. Although at busy times it certainly does happen. What do you think? Should there be lines at all resort bus stops just like there are lines at the bus stops when leaving the parks to return to resorts?

Yes I have also seen this. While the value resorts have orderly lines, the mods and deluxe simply have covered areas with a few benches where everyone waits collectively. As the bus approaches, those people just walking up often get primo seats, while others who were waiting earlier have to stand. It would be difficult to just put in separate lines, because separate lines take up space. But I agree there could be a better way.

I see no need for lines. If people want to get on the bus first, then they have the choice to wait nearer the curb like others choose to do. If they decide to sit on a bench, then it must not be as important to them. BTW, this is from someone who often will sit on the bench while waiting and get up once the bus approaches. Never have I then not gotten on a bus or even been without a seat.

I see no need for lines. If people want to get on the bus first, then they have the choice to wait nearer the curb like others choose to do. If they decide to sit on a bench, then it must not be as important to them. BTW, this is from someone who often will sit on the bench while waiting and get up once the bus approaches. Never have I then not gotten on a bus or even been without a seat.

Really? So the elderly, pregnant, etc that got up early to get a better seat has to stand on the bus because of the later arrival that stands on the curb?

We visited the values for the first time last year and was shocked to see the guided lines. Thought it was a good idea (except having to stand in the blazing sun while waiting) and said they should do it at all the resorts. We've never had a huge problem getting on the bus at the mods but it is annoying when the latecomers push their way to the front. Some people don't even look to see what bus it is - they just get on it while the rest of their family is yelling it's the wrong bus.

We normally stay at a deluxe resort and never had a problem with the bus lines. People tend to get up from the benches when they see the bus approaching and no one seems to care much about who was where. I think if they put lines in for the buses it would look kind of tacky at these resorts

I think it defers to people using common courtesy, whether your standing in line or sitting on a bench waiting, if you just walk up to a bus that's just pulled up and see people on line and decide to get on first anyway and for lack of a better term 'cut people off', its just rude.

I've always said they should have some sort of system at the mods and deluxe. We have been standing on the line where the bus stops and people have walked up and pushed in front of us or come from the side. Evidently unless there is a rope, people don't understand the concept of getting in a line. I wouldn't have a problem with it ruining the look of the bus stop, it's a bus stop.

See this all the time. I don't let it bother me as long as I get on. If a bunch of people try hoarding in, I will hold back and let those that were there early with me get on in front of me. I am kind of a big guy and can hold my own. Some crotchety grandpa insisted he, his wife, and family of 50 should be able to jump in front of everyone. I made sure none of them got on before those that had been waiting. Half their party didn't make it on the bus and the old guy was screaming the whole time.

I hear what you're saying, but I will say that I've had experiences when I have waited by the curb and been one of the first groups there, then things fill up and the bus pulls up at a different spot on the curb from what would be indicated on the signs, and then I might as well have sat on the bench, since now I'm at the back of the pack. Am I making sense? I don't think I've missed a bus, but almost - I've definitely had to stand...

ETA: I will say that I'm not much of a shover (?), so I'll let people like that pass me. I'd rather avoid conflict, etc., first thing in the morning - just not a great way to start the day. However, you see really polite people and others, not so much - it definitely would be nice if people demonstrated more curtesy!

Last edited:
Really? So the elderly, pregnant, etc that got up early to get a better seat has to stand on the bus because of the later arrival that stands on the curb?

I am 54 years old and have been to Disney World well over 60 times. I have gone with a husband in a wheelchair, with myself in a wheelchair, with my father in a wheelchair, I've been pregnant and have had a stepmother just recovering from breast cancer surgery. None of us have ever waited "in the background" to get on a bus. If you are going to be in the parks all day, you have to be prepared. Just my opinion having been in the situation many times.

I voted yes.

I travel with disabled DS and at times I have knee issues ... we stand in the line, real or not. Or he sits while the rest of us stand and he joins us.

But how do you do it when there is only a single (sometimes two like main at POR) stop for all buses. I suppose if they have timetables at all you'll know which bus is coming but logistically it would need to be thought out. Maybe make the queue double wide so if it's your bus you just pass those waiting for another. :confused3

I voted yes.

I travel with disabled DS and at times I have knee issues ... we stand in the line, real or not. Or he sits while the rest of us stand and he joins us.

But how do you do it when there is only a single (sometimes two like main at POR) stop for all buses. I suppose if they have timetables at all you'll know which bus is coming but logistically it would need to be thought out. Maybe make the queue double wide so if it's your bus you just pass those waiting for another. :confused3

Your mention of the timetables reminded me of one the worst mornings I've seen...staying at the AKL and going to AM EMH at AK - as you can imagine, very popular! For some reason, the AK bus kept getting delayed, and the time kept getting pushed off, but pretty much everyone arriving at the bus stop was going to AK. Other park buses kept coming and going with very few takers, and nothing for AK. Finally one arrived, but at that point, a lot of time was lost. As you can imagine, it was UGLY trying to get on that bus!

Your mention of the timetables reminded me of one the worst mornings I've seen...staying at the AKL and going to AM EMH at AK - as you can imagine, very popular! For some reason, the AK bus kept getting delayed, and the time kept getting pushed off, but pretty much everyone arriving at the bus stop was going to AK. Other park buses kept coming and going with very few takers, and nothing for AK. Finally one arrived, but at that point, a lot of time was lost. As you can imagine, it was UGLY trying to get on that bus!

Same thing happened to us at AKL waiting on a HS bus. We watched back to back MK buses pull in, DS buses pull in together right behind each other. I think we waited about 40 min. that day, it was around 11 and we didn't really have anything to do so it wasn't a big deal for us but it was strange seeing every other park bus arrive time and again. The Epcot bus was also delayed or we would have just hopped on it since we have APs. We watched the board change over and over again as to the time the HS bus would arrive. By the time the HS bus arrived the bus stop was jam packed full, there weren't even half a bus worth of people there when the board said the bus was originally arriving. We were standing at the line where the bus was supposed to stop and a huge group of people came in from the side thinking they would get on before, we had been standing the entire time because it kind of hurts my son to sit (nerve damage in his spinal cord). He is ex-Navy and a sort of big guy so he actually kind of stood in front of the people who were trying to nudge in and let other people who had been there waiting the entire time on before us. We stood but we were fine with that, a line would have been nice though, since had he not been there, I would have been waiting for the next bus since I'm a small woman.

Same thing happened to us at AKL waiting on a HS bus. We watched back to back MK buses pull in, DS buses pull in together right behind each other. I think we waited about 40 min. that day, it was around 11 and we didn't really have anything to do so it wasn't a big deal for us but it was strange seeing every other park bus arrive time and again. The Epcot bus was also delayed or we would have just hopped on it since we have APs. We watched the board change over and over again as to the time the HS bus would arrive. By the time the HS bus arrived the bus stop was jam packed full, there weren't even half a bus worth of people there when the board said the bus was originally arriving. We were standing at the line where the bus was supposed to stop and a huge group of people came in from the side thinking they would get on before, we had been standing the entire time because it kind of hurts my son to sit (nerve damage in his spinal cord). He is ex-Navy and a sort of big guy so he actually kind of stood in front of the people who were trying to nudge in and let other people who had been there waiting the entire time on before us. We stood but we were fine with that, a line would have been nice though, since had he not been there, I would have been waiting for the next bus since I'm a small woman.

And this week we had the back to back for other parks while we waited and waited .......................at POP, so we were in queues and there was no pushing or ugly, line is a line. Another good reason for queues, morning manners enforced.

The only resorts I have stayed at without a car are Pop and Coronado Springs. I did not have any problems with the bus stops at Coronado springs; perhaps because there are 4 of them.

The only resorts I have stayed at without a car are Pop and Coronado Springs. I did not have any problems with the bus stops at Coronado springs; perhaps because there are 4 of them.

I think CSR is a great resort for bus service, we've never had an issue there either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter