Poll--What do you consider a long wait time?

I feel like a line is long when I've been waiting...

• More than 10 minutes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 20 minutes.

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • More than 30 minutes

Votes: 85 47.8%
  • More than 45 minutes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • More than an hour.

Votes: 16 9.0%

• Total voters

EmJ

DIS Veteran
Understanding that certain rides are expected to have shorter or longer waits so perception might sometimes be relative, what do you in general consider to be a long wait in line for an attraction or ride?

i have gone during very busy times and have never waited for a ride for more than 20 minutes. Maybe 30 here and there but thats about it. We did wait for about 2 hrs once for RSR but that was the first year they had opened and it was our last day and FP had all gone and we had done everything else so we waited. I never mind waiting for 35 min or less usually i have a group of people and we find a way to pass time.

I think I top out at about 45 min. That said, if I'm with the right group and we know the expectation I think I could do a few hours. My coworkers and I traveled together last year and we had to much fun playing Heads Up in line the time flew by any time we did have to wait. I'm sure we were totally obnoxious to other people in line though...

I've determined that I have horrible patience when it comes to lines at DL, lol. The last time I waited for over an hour was for Soarin' almost 2 years ago. We had an hour to waste so we decided to hop in the 75 minute line...well that 75 minutes turned into 80 minutes...then 95...at the end we waited 110 MINUTES! UGH! Never again!

Over the summer we waited 45 minutes for it (I accidentally chose a fastpass and had to wait 90 minutes, and this was the shortest standby) and that was brutal! I complained the whole time...pretty sure I drove my aunt nuts lol. So from now on, it's 30 minutes or less for me.

Reactions: EmJ

Also, I'll budge a little bit if I'm with people who are first timers or don't get to come very often. But even then, the majority of the people I have gone with don't want to wait more than 30 minutes for a ride.

I never get in a line that is 30 min or longer. I go often enough that there’s never a reason to wait that long. If I really want to go on something I’ll just MaxPass it next time. A few times I’ve gone to Disneyland with people that don’t go often and one time they wanted to go on Soarin. The line said 45 min and I kinda rolled my eyes but in the end said yes. It ended up taking an hour. That’s the longest I’ve ever waited.

Yup 30 minutes for us too. We use MaxPass and so forth and plan our days so we don't have to do more than a 30 minute wait on anything. My kids are like me, and say NOPE if it is more than 30 minutes. It helps we are all in the same mind frame. That said, if it was something new (like someone else said) or we are waiting with friends who have never rode something, we will wait. But when it is just us, not more than 30 minutes.

It really depends on the attraction and who I'm with. There are some rides that I wouldn't want to wait 5 minutes for, and there are other rides and circumstances (like Smuggler's Run) that I'll wait hours for. Also really depends on who I'm with. If I'm solo I don't really want to wait for anything. If I'm with fun people, then the time will fly even if the wait is long!

It depends on the attraction, but generally I consider 20 min to be average and 45 to be long.

For queues with constant movement (POTC) or entertaining in of themselves (Indy, Roger Rabbit, Star Tours) I may accept longer times if my FP is locked into another attraction.

Alice and Peter Pan are the outliers here since they usually have 30-45 min waits most of the day. I’ve skipped PP some trips due to the wait times, but Alice is a must ride for me every trip. if I fail to catch it during a short wait time, I’ll suck it up and wait in line for it.

The only rides I'll be more likely to wait about 40 min (and definitely no longer!) are Alice and Peter Pan. We don't do it often, so we will have trips where we won't catch those rides. Maxpass really is the best thing ever :lovestruc

The ride you’re waiting in line for can make a huge difference too. For example, BTMR & Matterhorn always feel like the lines are moving fast to me. So, somehow 30 mins or more in those aren’t that bad. Whereas 30 mins in the Roger Rabbit queue makes me want to hurt myself....badly. And I actually think the Roger Rabbit queue is super interesting. But, it just moves so slow & it’s almost claustrophobic. So, the perception of how fast the line “feels” like it’s moving makes a big difference for me in how long I’ll wait.

It depends on the ride and the circumstances, but we don't love waiting more than 30. We'd wait 30-45 for certain things (the mountains, Indiana Jones, Soarin, a few more) in certain circumstances. We haven't gone since the arrival of Max Pass, so I'm really hoping that helps a lot. We used to run all over the parks grabbing paper fast passes all day.

We are a family that enjoys the idle time so standing in line for an hour doesn't faze us much, we are good at entertaining one another. That said, if we can skip long lines, we will take it! But a 45 minute to an hour and half isn't the end of the world if its a ride we like. Our last trip with the kids, in October 2015, we never even used a Fast Pass. This year we do have Max Pass so that will be a fun experience.

Now, I won't wait in long lines at 6 Flags or Universal, their lines aren't fun.

Our limit is about 30 minutes... Occasionally a little more if something unforeseen happens and we're close to the front.

We rarely wait in long lines at Disneyland! My mom HATES waiting so we've become really good at avoiding them :) We never plan our day and always play it by ear.. so i think that helps a lot since we can switch things up whenever needed. The longest we usually wait in like is like 20 - 25 minutes max. A few years ago I went with a friend and her family and OMG ... we waited around 2 hours for space mountain! it was torture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter