Poll: What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

• Muppets Great Moments in History

Votes: 82 23.1%
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • A shorter version of Hamilton

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • Nothing - keep HoP as it is

Votes: 147 41.4%
  • Keep HoP but make some changes

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters

Follow up on Muppets/ Hall of Presidents rumor
TheVisionarySoul said:
To recap what we know just to make everyone crystal clear:

The Muppets are getting attention. They’re considered under the umbrella of Walt Disney Imagineering because WDI had a puppetry division and The Muppets got rolled into that. They’re actually a great fit because puppetry is a creative endeavor. The puppeteers share a lot of common principles with Imagineers, so now they are one and the same. It works. As a side note, The Muppets (well, puppets in general) are really the ONLY property that Disney has that can be true to form in the parks. Think about it. Everything else has to be translated into a three-dimensional environment. The Muppets are already in that form. The biggest issue here is to design animatronics that can mimic hand movements.

The Muppet Show is coming to Disney+. This is a HUGE deal because the rights for the original Muppet Show are a ridiculous jumble of chaos. Music rights were never acquired for use outside of network television, guest star appearances were contingent on separate contracts. Hell, just finding the episodes in good enough quality to put in a modern day streaming service was a miracle on its own. This shows there was considerable thought and investment put into this project at the corporate level. It bodes positively for the entire brand.

Joe Biden is the new president and he is getting an animatronic of himself. This shouldn’t be news to anyone. It also is nothing new to know that they re-skin the head of the existing talking president in the show to keep the costs down. Only the speaking animatronics have major motion functions in the show. The other units are placed in the background and have much less motion. We expect that to happen every time a president changes. We expect that Trump will end up somewhere in the back. As far as I say, good: his likeness is poor at best.

I heard that they want to incorporate The Muppets into the show from multiple sources I trust. This doesn’t mean changing the show so much that it’s not “The Hall of Presidents” anymore. It means slapping a narration from someone like Kermit the Frog or Sam the Eagle on the show. Mostly in the re-done video presentation. The Muppets are cheap to film: they’re puppets. A narration has to be done anyway. This can be done cheaply. I also suspect an animatronic Muppet to be possible (and probably the cheapest form of a new animatronic), but not necessarily something that has to happen. The point here would be to make the show more fun for audiences.

Nothing Disney has announced has changed anything about this rumor. I admit I got the timing wrong and made the wrong assumption about the Twitter posts. But I don’t believe my sources were wrong entirely. There is something solid to this.

Anyway, I don’t think I left anything out that needed to be said, but hopefully that clears up any confusion. Stay positive!

I hadn’t checked back on this thread in awhile. Thanks everyone for your insights! Looks like they’ll just be keeping it as is but I must say a smaller theater with a Muppets history show and a Sam Adams-sponsored exit bar could have really been a winner. :drinking1
I guess I should take my kids at some point. We were watching the part of the inauguration special that had Bill, George and Barack and my son (age 9) said, Bill Clinton is Hillary Clinton’s husband, right? Wait, did he used to be president? :faint:

I vote leave it mostly as is- but maybe make it more of a “Presidential Hall of Fame” rather than honoring “every player who ever played”. Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, JFK, Reagan, Obama (i.e. historical significance of his election), and maybe an animatronic of whoever the current President is as a “narrator” to make it relatable to the youth.

Last edited:

I vote leave it mostly as is- but maybe make it more of a “Presidential Hall of Fame” rather than honoring “every player who ever played”. Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, JFK, Reagan, Obama (i.e. historical significance of his election), and maybe an animatronic of whoever the current President is as a “narrator” to make it relatable to the youth.

Sounds good in theory, but that would cause a lot of controversy on who they select (especially when you get more in the modern era)

I mean they kind of do that now. Washington, Lincoln, and the two Roosevelt’s get more attention than the rest. The show while President Obama was in office also highlighted Jackson.

I mean they kind of do that now. Washington, Lincoln, and the two Roosevelt’s get more attention than the rest. The show while President Obama was in office also highlighted Jackson.

Well, I mean, Washington, Lincoln, TR, & FDR are the best and safest choices. When you ask someone who their favorite president is and they say anyone besides those four, just back away slowly. ;)

Sounds good in theory, but that would cause a lot of controversy on who they select (especially when you get more in the modern era)

Good point. Maybe make it a “10 year cooling off period” before someone is eligible? I think on that basis Reagan, and the historic nature of Obama’s election would qualify for most Americans (Right, Left, Independent)- whereas Nixon/Ford//Carter/Bush x 2/Clinton/Trump could all be passed on w/o much heartburn (and I’m a big Bush Sr. fan FWIW)...

Good point. Maybe make it a “10 year cooling off period” before someone is eligible? I think on that basis Reagan, and the historic nature of Obama’s election would qualify for most Americans (Right, Left, Independent)- whereas Nixon/Ford//Carter/Bush x 2/Clinton/Trump could all be passed on w/o much heartburn (and I’m a big Bush Sr. fan FWIW)...

Regan is pretty controversial - I know a lot of people that are really negative on him. I think you best bet is just the Mt Rushmore guys or maybe Kennedy ... maybe Carter given his Habbitat for Humanity work and stuff?

Regan is pretty controversial - I know a lot of people that are really negative on him. I think you best bet is just the Mt Rushmore guys or maybe Kennedy ... maybe Carter given his Habbitat for Humanity work and stuff?

IMHO- especially w/his Hollywood celebrity too- Reagan may have had the kind of universal appeal/acceptance that would work in this context. Who knows though.

I like the Mt. Rushmore idea if deemed best to scale way back. Actually, always a little surprised that Disney didn’t just go with a “Great Moments With Mr. Washington” as an East Coast bookend/companion to the “Lincoln” attraction at DL.

Last edited:
Personally I like it is like it is. All the presidents are on stage but the vast majority only nod their head or move their hand when they are called. Simply be careful who you give speaking roles to. Everybody who was president has a part in our history for good or bad and for me letting them all nod their head isn't a big deal.

Now i wouldn't be opposed to dropping the speaking role for the current present and only have the "mt Rushmore" animatronics actually speak and it used to be that way. I think having the sitting president speak was a good idea in theory but just don't think it worked out well so best to go back to the original HoP idea and not have that.

Keep the current show but eliminate the roll call and add other speeches by JFK, FDR, Reagan, etc. Maybe have a couple so you never know which show you will see.

Let's just keep the solemnity in - no Muppets please in any form, love them, but not the right place for them. Doesn't have to have a 'fun' element to it - everyone (including children) need to know it as it is.

You don't think the show at Epcot works better with solemnity..? We're supposed to be leaving the cares of the world behind at the gate at Magic Kingdom... no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter