Poll - Who goes to Disney 2 times / year ?

Martinvols

Mouseketeer
For at least a week each time? Therefore, who spends at least 2 weeks at Disney per year? Last year, we did it! We spent 10 days in June and 5 days in December. This year, we are doing it again - 9 days in May and 7 days in December. We had such a great time last December --- the weather is so much better in Florida. We are hooked on our Christmas vacationing at Disney! The way that I look at it - We got 3 vacations on our 2006 annual passes --- June 2006, December 2006 and May 2007. Now, we will be faced with buying tickets for our December 2007 trip. Then, in 2008, we will purchase annual passes again and use the annual passes for our June 2008, December 2008 and May 2009 trips! How is that for being a Disney fanatic! I wonder if we will get burned out at some point. Maybe we are running it in the ground --- What do you all think? Go Vols!

We do! We were there in October for 8 days, we'll be there in May for 6 days, again in October for 8 days and then next February for 6 days!

Since joining DVC, we have only missed one year of not vacationing there for more than 2 weeks. And that was our 1st year as owners. We were rookies then:rotfl: Seriously, we get at least 3 weeks out of it every year. For ex., last year we spent March for 1 week at VWL, then 2 weeks at VWL in Dec.

WE LOVE DVC!!

2 trips of 10 days each and sometimes (if I get my way) we make a 3rd trip for 4 or 5 days.

We go once in the spring and once in the fall or winter. Sounds like those are popular times. I like the fall or winter trips because the crowds are lower. We get APs also. Like DVC, the APs give you a chance to pay ahead for vacation. It's nice to plan that second trip and not have to worry about having money for tickets or the room.

It doesn't happen every year but we have done it several times. We do however always go for at least 2 weeks. In 2006 we got to make a surprise trip for a convention in September so we took the kids out of school and stayed for 6 days then we went for Christmas from the 19th - 30th.

This year we are going from July 27th - August 12th. I am still trying to squeeze in a couple more days on that trip. I also hope to go back for New Years. The kids don't actually have the whole week after the holiday off of school this year for the first time I can ever remember. If we do get to do it we will not go to any parks until after the 1st. I am not going to deal with those crowds ever again!

We also went twice in 2001 & 2002.

DVC 5 night trips per year - Jan, May, Oct, Nov and Dec. The Nov is new with the AKV add-on. We have gone from 7 to 5 night trips since we relocated to Orlando.

Day trips - 1 per month except during the concert series when we also will go for dinner and a concert and catch about 50% of the bands playing.

I started going twice in 2005: Spring and Fall. Using my Marriott timeshare I do two weeks at a time and get an AP. It's the only way to truly enjoy the experience. (Disney is my second home.)

Now with DVC I'm going three times in a year: May, October and a New Year's Eve trip.

But I'd love to do the 4-8 weeks year. Course then I'd never go anywhere else and I do so love to explore new places.

Mostly a winter ( January ) trip and a summer ( August ) trip for 8 days each , but I added a 6 day trip this May and added 4 days at Vero this summer.

Going to add on points at AKV this spring so we can add a few more days to our trips.

3 trips per year from 5-10 days depending on what else is going on in our life. I would love to work in one more trip each year.

We did Sept '06 (8 nights), Oct '06 (4 nights), Jan '07 (5 nights), doing May '07 (4 nights) and Sept '07 (11 nights). Our annual passes will have about 28 days or so on them by the time we renew.

The first 3 trips are what prompted us to just go ahead and buy DVC. :cloud9:

We'll be making our third trip this year in just THREE MORE WEEKS! We tend to go for 5 - 7 nights though, as opposed to the 10+ night stays that others report. Our life doesn't easily permit being away that long, so we opt for an additional trip (the third) and have each one be a few days shorter. I would really love to try a 10 - 14 day trip at some point. It really must feel like you have tons of time and no worries about rushing. (Of course, we gave up the rushing the second we joined DVC! :goodvibes )

This year we did 9 nights in Jan at BCV, plus a cruise and a night at BWV in Apr, 7 nights in June at BWV, back for three nights in Oct, plus some day trips in conjunction with business travel. Before DVC it was a week off-site about every five years, but now we start to wither inside if we're away more than a couple of months.:goodvibes

That's what we do every year--2 one-week trips. Most often May and September. Once in awhile the second trip is in early October, and this year, December. And almost always in a one bedroom at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter