Poll- Your Pet peeves

You could put them on the back. In my case, the magnet that appeared on our door wasn't custom. It was on of Daisy Duck that you could get at a store. So maybe the people who lost it just thought it was ours, or maybe they didn't notice or care.

Ok, I'll bite. My biggest pet peeve:
Giant people sitting right in front of little kids in a theater. Look, I know you can't help your size. But come on, if you see a family sitting there, just look behind you. Is it really that hard to sit in front of an adult so the child can still see? Every single time, it never fails. We will be seated waiting for the show, and children will sit in front of me and my husband and the tallest person in the family will sit right in front of my youngest daughter. Then we end up moving around which makes several rows back move around because we were all seated so that everyone could get as best of a view possible.
The best part is when the very tall person can't sit still. So usually I end up switching seats with my kids, and I get behind the tall person. Ok, no big deal. I will just lean over and watch from the side. Except I get the person that adjusts every 5 seconds during the show so I am getting whiplash just trying to watch clips of the show.
Again, I understand you are tall, but you know you are tall, so when there are multiple seats available, don't choose the one right in front of a child, and no joke, sit still or sit in the back.

My second place pet peeve:
Adults not only standing in the front so kids can't see, but then they put their children on their shoulders. So now NO ONE can see. I don't mind the iPads so much, cause, hey, I can still somewhat see through their screen. If you want your kid on your shoulders, get to the back of the crowd. To me, that is extremely selfish and rude. So now, not only was I already having a hard time seeing, our kids weren't able to see, and now, I have to stare at your child's rear end in my face. Even more fun when the child has a full diaper.

Giant people sitting right in front of little kids in a theater. Look, I know you can't help your size. But come on, if you see a family sitting there, just look behind you. Is it really that hard to sit in front of an adult so the child can still see? Every single time, it never fails. We will be seated waiting for the show, and children will sit in front of me and my husband and the tallest person in the family will sit right in front of my youngest daughter. Then we end up moving around which makes several rows back move around because we were all seated so that everyone could get as best of a view possible.
The best part is when the very tall person can't sit still. So usually I end up switching seats with my kids, and I get behind the tall person. Ok, no big deal. I will just lean over and watch from the side. Except I get the person that adjusts every 5 seconds during the show so I am getting whiplash just trying to watch clips of the show.
Again, I understand you are tall, but you know you are tall, so when there are multiple seats available, don't choose the one right in front of a child, and no joke, sit still or sit in the back.

Adults not only standing in the front so kids can't see, but then they put their children on their shoulders. So now NO ONE can see. I don't mind the iPads so much, cause, hey, I can still somewhat see through their screen. If you want your kid on your shoulders, get to the back of the crowd. To me, that is extremely selfish and rude. So now, not only was I already having a hard time seeing, our kids weren't able to see, and now, I have to stare at your child's rear end in my face. Even more fun when the child has a full diaper.

Oh boy did you hit on two very good points. I am the shortest one in my family and I always get the tallest/biggest person in front of me so I can't see. If I lean over, then I get sighs from behind me because now I am blocking their view. I actually had a woman tell me to stop doing that -- she couldn't see, to which I responded "well, neither can I!". And that person who can't sit still and keeps making me change my viewing angle -- UGH.

And I am in total agreement about the kids on the shoulder thing. I've seen people hold their kids in their arms so that the kids' head is basically the same level as the adults -- but when they raise them on their shoulders so that now you have an 8 foot or more monolith in front of you, it's just thoughtless.

Laughed so hard my husband was staring at me, I too am very short... never fails I get "that person"... and they don't get the hint when I "sigh" or grunt. I'm pretty passive aggressive so that's as vocally frustrated with someone as I will get LOL.

The spa trying to sell you their products after a service. I already spent a large sum of money to have an hour to de-stress and relax but apparently that was not enough and now they have to spoil that relaxation by making me repeatedly decline an $80 bottle of massage oil. I did not like being put on the defensive right after a treatment. If I am interested in buying a product after a massage, I will ask. Otherwise, allow me to leave with the same relaxed feeling I already paid to have.

The spa trying to sell you their products after a service. I already spent a large sum of money to have an hour to de-stress and relax but apparently that was not enough and now they have to spoil that relaxation by making me repeatedly decline an $80 bottle of massage oil. I did not like being put on the defensive right after a treatment. If I am interested in buying a product after a massage, I will ask. Otherwise, allow me to leave with the same relaxed feeling I already paid to have.

We always tell them up front - NO SALES PITCH! It just ruins the relaxed feeling you have right after the massage. I even told one aggressive CM that if she kept it up and got me tense, I wouldn't leave a tip LOL. That seemed to work.

We always tell them up front - NO SALES PITCH! It just ruins the relaxed feeling you have right after the massage. I even told one aggressive CM that if she kept it up and got me tense, I wouldn't leave a tip LOL. That seemed to work.
Yes I will definitely do this in the future now that I know. This was our first Disney cruise and our first experiene in the spa so it was surprising to me. I have had several massages at other spas and never had this issue before.

My pet peeve: people who sign up for fitness classes and then don't show up. This prevents other people from signing up if all of the spots are taken. I was in a spin class on our last cruise. Every slot had a name on it, including waitlist. Only 3 of us took the class. I realize people have the best intentions when they add their names and that other things come up or you lose track of time, but it's almost like people putting towels on pool loungers and then disappear all day.

I can't believe how magnet stealing has become a thing on DCL. We have never had any stolen thankfully, but we have not done them on our last couple of cruises where the trend apparently has gotten out of control. Why, why would someone do such a thing? We all know stealing is bad, but to go as far as to steal personalized items? Seriously?
For this very same reason we have not participated in the Fish Extender gift exchange on our last sailings as we have read reports of people stealing from the extenders as well. Very disturbing. It's sad that I can now have a conversation with my husband starting with, "Remember the good old days when people did not steal your magnets or fish extender gifts from your stateroom door when sailing on DCL?"
:sad1::sad1::sad1:

We wrote it all over my dad's intake form but his person STILL did it. I was so mad when he told me that.

This is the primary reason why I no longer book spa treatments on the ships. It was a must on our first couple of cruises. I always left so relaxed in the beginning. I initially purchased some creams etc after a couple of treatments because I liked the products and thought they would be useful. I don't need to buy something after every single treatment, especially within the same sailing. When I saw how aggressive the sales were every single time, it was a turn off and I felt stressed and irritated afterwards. I understand that it's their job to offer products, but if I say no once, that should be the end of it, especially in a spa. I remember when they added the auto gratuity a couple of years ago many people were outraged, but thought that it might help in reducing the sales pitch, not in the slightest. From what I can gather things have not changed. A lot of people have complained about this, so I wonder how many people need to complain in order for them to at least cut back.

I can't believe how magnet stealing has become a thing on DCL. We have never had any stolen thankfully, but we have not done them on our last couple of cruises where the trend apparently has gotten out of control. Why, why would someone do such a thing? We all know stealing is bad, but to go as far as to steal personalized items? Seriously?
For this very same reason we have not participated in the Fish Extender gift exchange on our last sailings as we have read reports of people stealing from the extenders as well. Very disturbing. It's sad that I can now have a conversation with my husband starting with, "Remember the good old days when people did not steal your magnets or fish extender gifts from your stateroom door when sailing on DCL?"
:sad1::sad1::sad1:

We never had our fish extender taken (we tie it tight), but we have had people use it as a trash can more than once!

We never had our fish extender taken (we tie it tight), but we have had people use it as a trash can more than once!

Wow! So they serve as dumpsters too? The nerve of some people. Sorry you have dealt with this. I may give the FE a go for our cruise next year (have to make a new one with our baby girl's name :lovestruc) Hoping we don't have sad stories to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter