Poly 2024 Expansion ‘Restricted’

Dan1

DIS Veteran
Was chatting with a DVC CM today re GF direct purchase.

He indicated benefit of GF direct was that resale GF points could not be used to stay at new Californian DVC site and …. Which was new to me … the Poly expansion.

Anyone ‘hear’ this before?

And, would this mean
That Poly expansion would be a separate DVC from existing Poly DVC in the same way CopperCreek is separate from Bolder Ridge?

Thanks!

Nothing new!!! Today, anybody that buys VGF or any of the original 14 resorts resale won't be able to use at new DVC resort such as Riveria and probably the upcoming DVC Tower in CA (Disneyland). They can however, book at any of the original 14 DVC Resorts.

As for Poly Expansion, nothing been officially announced, so as Nabas already said, everything the sales man say is just trying to create FOMO and the urgency to buy.

Great3

Was chatting with a DVC CM today re GF direct purchase.

He indicated benefit of GF direct was that resale GF points could not be used to stay at new Californian DVC site and …. Which was new to me … the Poly expansion.

Anyone ‘hear’ this before?

And, would this mean
That Poly expansion would be a separate DVC from existing Poly DVC in the same way CopperCreek is separate from Bolder Ridge?

Thanks!
I wonder what the guide would have said if you’d told him you really wanted Poly but were concerned that if you bought Poly now - which you really wanted to do - you’d have to wait until 7 months to book a larger villa in the Poly tower once it opened.

As mentioned, nothing official has been announced. But, in order for Poly tower to be restricted from resale points purchased now, including the original PVB, it would indeed have to be a new condo association.

Direct points purchased today will be good there...resale, who knows? If you are concerned about being shut out of the tower, then I would hold off buying any resale points until the decision has become official.

I find it interesting that a guide would say that when it has not been announced....honestly, probably not a wise thing to do other than saying, it is possible it could be excluded.

I don't think we will know though until 2023, if not later in 2023

No official announcement. DVC has intentionally not made an announcement and made a vague press statement. Very timeshare-y to speculate like this. I bet the lawyers wouldn't be happy to hear guides talking like this.

No official announcement. DVC has intentionally not made an announcement and made a vague press statement. Very timeshare-y to speculate like this. I bet the lawyers wouldn't be happy to hear guides talking like this.

I agree any my guide..who is a senior guide..has been very clear that they are not to speculate or even make comments when owners speculate to try to gain info.

So, it is probably not something this person should be doing.

My GUESSTIMATE is that since there most likely will be a new front desk then the new resort will have a new association.

If it was just an add on I wouldn’t expect to see an additional front desk.

Does that mean that it will have the same resale restrictions as RIV? Nobody knows for now.

I would be fairly certain it will be a new association and Riviera type resale restrictions. Pretty sure Disney has no intention of reversing the resale restrictions.
Riviera would have been selling a lot better if it weren't for Covid. I think it's probably selling pretty well for all of the setbacks it has endured. If the economy tanks, they may re-think
restrictions. The re-sale restrictions have me hesitant to buy resale because mostly I want to be able to use my points in the new resorts. Polynesian looks like it is going to be a really nice addition and hopefully it has more than just studios. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like Disney wants a new association with them not being direct about it.

Sounds like Disney wants a new association with them not being direct about it.

I think they do and have just chosen not to reveal all the details at this points. Since sales are about 2 years away, they really don’t need to come out with an official decision this soon

With VGF , sales were starting in about 9 months after the announcement so it made sense the decision had to be shared then.

Riviera would have been selling a lot better if it weren't for Covid. I think it's probably selling pretty well for all of the setbacks it has endured. If the economy tanks, they may re-think restrictions. The re-sale restrictions have me hesitant to buy resale because mostly I want to be able to use my points in the new resorts. Polynesian looks like it is going to be a really nice addition and hopefully it has more than just studios. Just my 2 cents.
Maybe.

Give it a few months. If direct VGF2 sales remain consistently stronger than RIV, then there's an argument to be made that the resale restrictions are hurting RIV direct sales.

If direct VGF2 and RIV sales balance out, then it's safe to say that the resale restrictions are not hurting direct sales.

Last edited:
Maybe.

Give it a few months. If direct VGF2 sales remain consistently stronger than RIV, then there's are argument to be made that the resale restrictions are hurting RIV direct sales.

If direct VGF2 and RIV sales balance out, then it's safe to say that the resale restrictions are not hurting direct sales.

Possibly, or they will say we can sell a contract with 6 years less and still end up with sales that are in the acceptable range?

But, I do agree that having both RIV and VGF as options, gives at least the ability to compare sales happening at the same time and in the same economic climate!!

I think they do and have just chosen not to reveal all the details at this points. Since sales are about 2 years away, they really don’t need to come out with an official decision this soon

With VGF , sales were starting in about 9 months after the announcement so it made sense the decision had to be shared then.
I also think if DVC revealed the new association right away, it could immediately devalue Polynesian resale for years. Though I do think that will ultimately be the outcome, why hurt Polynesian owners right now if they don’t need to?

The speculation caused by the announcement also alerts potential Poly buyers that if they buy resale now, there’s at least a chance that their points cannot be used at the new tower…so it might be worth waiting to buy direct.

I also think if DVC revealed the new association right away, it could immediately devalue Polynesian resale for years. Though I do think that will ultimately be the outcome, why hurt Polynesian owners right now if they don’t need to?
When have Disney or any other timeshare company for that matter thought about owners?

Devaluing poly would be a good thing, seen from disneys perspective that is. Then they can buy back contracts for cheaper and sell for higher.

When have Disney or any other timeshare company for that matter thought about owners?

Devaluing poly would be a good thing, seen from disneys perspective that is. Then they can buy back contracts for cheaper and sell for higher.

If it is a new association, they are not going to want a bunch of Poly points to sell anymore, are they?

But the lack of answer has certainly created buzz enough that some may shy away from buying Poly resale for now if they want access to the new tower.

My GUESSTIMATE is that since there most likely will be a new front desk then the new resort will have a new association.

If it was just an add on I wouldn’t expect to see an additional front desk.

Does that mean that it will have the same resale restrictions as RIV? Nobody knows for now.
Depends what you call a front desk.

The original VGF doesn't have a counter-type front desk, only three office desks. And, BPK (aka VGF2) villa check-in unsurprisingly may still be handled at the GF front desk given BPK's location. Or, there's been speculation that VGF1 may be the front desk for both.

Considering the Poly layout, I think there's a very good chance the new Poly tower will do as the DVC lodges/bungalows there--use the Poly front desk.

DVD will do what's most expedient and least costly. That's a given. Which is why my money's on their pushing what a convenience online check-in is and not staffing an additional Poly front desk at the new tower.

Anyone think Poly 2 might be a separate association but direct buyers would get 11 month booking privileges at Poly 1?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter