• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly at 7 months?

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
Do we have a chance? We want to go mid June. I’m not holding my breath - but hoping. I just want to have a realistic idea of what our chances are.

Yes, IMO. There are a lot of studios there and the summer months are generally slower to book up than other times of the year. I am assuming you plan to book as soon as your 7 month window opens.

Last edited:
Yes, IMO. There are a lot of studios there and the summer months are generally slower to book up than other times of the year. I am assuming you plan to book as soon as your 7 month window opens.
Yes as soon as I possibly can.

The problem right now is the year. Poly has previously been typically open 7-months out in June. But it, like other rooms that have been typically open at 7-months out in the past, have been filling more often in 2022 before 7-months out, a result of the large number of banked points carried over from the pandemic. Thus, Poly may be open for mid-June time at 7-months but there is a higher risk now that it will not be.

Last edited:

The problem right now is the year. Poly has previously been typically open 7-months out in June. But it, like other rooms that have been typically open at 7-months out in the past, have been filling more often in 2021 before 7-months out, a result of the large number of banked points carried over from the pandemic. Thus, Poly may be open for mid-June time at 7-months but there is a higher risk now that it will not be.

that is what I was thinking too. If we don't get it for next summer we will try again.

Even if you don't get in, keep stalking it. There are hundreds of rooms in the standard category. The math is in your favor. I had my waitlist fill over marathon weekend! The odds are good for a short waitlist. I’d even start with just a day.

Last edited:

It's pretty easy to get at 7 months outside of holidays. The points glut hasn't had much of an effect on poly except for people blowing large chunks of points on the bungalows. If you don't get it right at 7 months, you should get it in a waitlist. You can have two and waitlist both the standard view and the lake view. There are way more standard views than lake views and the renters seem to want the lake views more than the owners there.

Not sure what will happen when/if Disney raises the capacity limits, but we got Poly for 2 nights in December at the 7 month mark this year.

I just grabbed (9) nights in May no problem and have had luck 3 other times. You should be fine. The only issues I've noticed at 7-mos have been Prime dates like holidays

We have a trip next May, starting on the 26th, for DS birthday. We own at Poly and I had reserved lake view at 11 months for 3. Was planning to move to a 1BR or 2BR at 7 months since DD decided she wants to come too. DH really wants to stay at Poly, so I borrowed the extra points from the Poly contract (resale and no issues borrowing online) and reserved standard view (lake view not available) on 10/25 - the day before the 7 month window. By 10am the next day, all Poly studios were gone, as was the 1BR at VGF and a 2BR at CCV. So, feel fortunate to have made a decision before the 7 month window opened…

Be ready to rock right at 8AM and you should be fine. Things that normally are available in May, aren't lasting as long past the 7 month, but for the most part, that are still there at the 7 month window...anticipating the June bookings to go the same way.

Update - I was able to transfer my week from BRV to The Poly in a lakeview studio no problems. I had to call back on Thursday and this morning to get extra nights. Have to do it again tomorrow and then I will have all 10 nights. Cross your fingers the pixie dust keeps flowing and I am able to get the last night.

Update - I was able to transfer my week from BRV to The Poly in a lakeview studio no problems. I had to call back on Thursday and this morning to get extra nights. Have to do it again tomorrow and then I will have all 10 nights. Cross your fingers the pixie dust keeps flowing and I am able to get the last night.
Any reason you are calling and not just going online at 8a to modify? You are losing out on an hour's worth of booking time. That said, Poly's availability still looks quite good. We had it but switched over to CCV this morning when it opened for a week.

Any reason you are calling and not just going online at 8a to modify? You are losing out on an hour's worth of booking time. That said, Poly's availability still looks quite good. We had it but switched over to CCV this morning when it opened for a week.

I am having to buy one time use points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter