Poly availability @ 7 months?

mom2elle

Mouseketeer
We recent bought at Riviera and have our first trip there booked for late Aug 2020. We would ideally like to book a split stay with 3 nights at poly, followed by 5 at Riv. How feasible is this plan? Based an your experience, what are the odds we can book 3 nights at Poly at the 7month point?

I think you have a pretty good chance. It’s a slower time and with poly having so many studio units it is easier to book than some other places at 7 mo.

To date, Poly has been open at 7 months out for August. If a Moonlight Magic night for a theme park (not just one for a waterpark) is announced to take place in August before 7 months out, rooms for that particular night have a risk of filling before 7 months out.

We are staying at CCV in May 2020 but decided to add a couple of days to the front end of our trip. I was able to book Poly for Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend at 7 month mark with no problem. Shocked me, so maybe August would be as flexible. Good luck!

We decided to go to WDW for Christmas this year at the end of July, beginning of August. I booked Christmas Eve and Day at Poly. So it can be available I would say, but you never know. Now the rest of my stay is at SSR from the 26th on but hey, at least we are going.

I was able to book a Poly studio this year (June) and next year (May) at seven months without any issue.

Last edited:

We booked a week at the Poly in May when we were at OKW around Halloween...I suggested it, opened my computer and it was there, so done! It's always part luck to get what you want and never hesitate if you see it available. Good luck!

unless they remodled, poly studios are old hotel rooms and VERY small! two adults and one small child would be crowded and there is next to NO storage. we stayed with 3 adults and had to leave suitcases in car, and just bring in clothes for the next day at night. NO joke, they are cramped. Unless you're talking about the bungalows over the water... those are not studios.

unless they remodled, poly studios are old hotel rooms and VERY small! two adults and one small child would be crowded and there is next to NO storage. we stayed with 3 adults and had to leave suitcases in car, and just bring in clothes for the next day at night. NO joke, they are cramped. Unless you're talking about the bungalows over the water... those are not studios.
Poly studios are the largest studios at WDW.

The DVC studios at Poly are really nice, especially with the bathroom set up with 2 areas. We found there was plenty of room. The rooms were gutted and redone when converted to DVC.

What you are describing is not a Poly a DVC studio

I'm glad to hear this. they must have had lots of complaints at first because when I called they gave us comp two day multipasses to make up for it. and didn't even argue, they knew. this was when DVC first opened them, our room was also next to the ferry dock, LOL, man was that loud!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter