Poly Bungalow

DadDVC

Earning My Ears
We closed on two contracts late this Spring, both had banked points that would expire in February 2020. When I started to buy these contracts I had initially planned to rent those points out to put a little money back in my pocket. Obviously, COVID happened. This caused me to rethink my strategy as I didn't think people would want to rent points with all the uncertainty.

So.....Instead of renting, I decided to use them all up, with this years points for 5 night stay in the Poly Bungalows mid October. I know I could bank this years points and have a more extravagant trip next year, however we have been going stir crazy and could use a vacation this year still. Please tell me I'm not crazy! :)

I toured a bungalow and have always wished I had enough points to try one out...so I don’t think it’s a crazy idea.

Read reviews, it doesn’t sound like it’s for everyone. To some it’s the most prime view/location in WDW, others can’t get over boat or mechanical noises, cold pool, etc.
You might want to consider a (cheaper) grand villa/bungalow split stay to save a few points.

How exciting! And expensive, I can imagine 🤣 Please come back and leave a review! We want to do the Poly Bungalows or the WL Cabins as an anniversary trip and love reading reviews.

When we're ready to cruise again, I definitely want to splurge on a few days in a WL cabin or Bungalow. I say if you have the points, why not ball out once in a while! Hope you enjoy your stay there.

You're not crazy.

Or at least you don't need to be crazy to make that decision. Sounds like you'll survive just fine without the rental money. Go for it :) Do something wild. See how sweet life can be! Your family won't forget it and can probably use the distraction about now.

I totally would have done this if toddlers weren't in the mix in my plans. I'm just not sure I can get masks on a toddler or want toddlers scared by a weird experience with everyone in masks.

That said, there's a good chance there are no fireworks, which would defeat the whole point of the bungalow for me. It's just too many points to risk no fireworks. There's an awesome episode of *********** podcast about the bungalows.

I'm also pretty sure there won't be a Halloween party, which is why I canceled my October trip, sadly...

There are other splurge rooms that don't depend so much on the fireworks, like the cabins!!! Or hey, a grand villa at AKL or BLT, wowza.

Enjoy your bungalow stay! We have stayed in WL cabin, and if we had the opportunity to stay in a bungalow we would. A friend took us for a tour of his one time, very nice!

This would be a great time to try it. You won’t feel like you have to be in the parks and you’ll be away from people!

We loved our 5 night stay in a bungalow in 2018. We normally need a grand villa to fit our group, but we had a few less people on that trip so we figured it was the best time to try the bungalow.

It was a really great experience and we would love to do it again someday.

We are doing the exact same thing for almost the same reasons at the end of Oct. We are hoping and praying that the fireworks will be back. We figured we would get it off our bucket list. Just praying there is no second wave. Also, we are from NY so we need travel restrictions lifted. So much uncertainty but we have a little time. Enjoy your trip!

This may be the best reason and time to book a Bungalow. Enjoy yourself!

FWIW, you asked a very biased crowd if you are crazy ... most of us are just as crazy and would jump at the chance to do what you are doing. So maybe ... crazy in good company? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter