Poly, BWI, or Riviera

jenyanifer

Earning My Ears
Planning big family trip May 24, and it keeps getting bigger. We (Me, DH, DD (10), DD (4), Grandma and Grandpa) currently have a request in to rent DVC points for 2 deluxe studios at Poly (1 month in and still awaiting available points). Now, my dear in-laws changed their initial "No, not coming" to "Yes, please". We have not put in their reservtion request yet, and the DVC broker said its even odds if they will be able to accomodate all 3 reservations.

So, what do we do?
1) Stay the course, and let the in-laws find a different avenue to stay at the Poly.
2) Change resorts. And if so, which one?
-- Boardwalk Inn - I think these are getting refurbished, but maybe will be done when we go?
-- Riviera
-- Another one I'm not thinking of?

My top priority is for all of us to stay at the same resort so that we can optimize different combinations of kids and adult groupings for going out to the parks. Second priority is ease of transportation. Third is theming.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

I would stay with Poly or consider looking at BCV. BCV is so close to the EP and Skyliner entrances and the bus area at BC. RIV is beautiful, but it feels very isolated, IMHO. I prefer being in the monorail area or the EP area (BW, BC/YC)

Change if anything is currently available, if nothing is tell the in laws you’re sorry but you can’t find them a room under your rate.

RIV is the prettiest to me, and the most compact so least walking! Skyliner access is wonderful. Two sets of grandparents, are you looking at ECVs in the party? Our ECV user has no issues at RIV but others get spooked as the line just slows to a super crawl for ECV loading/unloading at the RIV station (it can stop if they need to, nobody will get hurt). If you have ECVs in the group I would err towards BCV or BWV for easiest transport. No way to guarantee BWV redo is done in time though.

Change if anything is currently available, if nothing is tell the in laws you’re sorry but you can’t find them a room under your rate.

RIV is the prettiest to me, and the most compact so least walking! Skyliner access is wonderful. Two sets of grandparents, are you looking at ECVs in the party? Our ECV user has no issues at RIV but others get spooked as the line just slows to a super crawl for ECV loading/unloading at the RIV station (it can stop if they need to, nobody will get hurt). If you have ECVs in the group I would err towards BCV or BWV for easiest transport. No way to guarantee BWV redo is done in time though.
No ECV users, but thanks for that heads up! Good to note!

Edited: Just realized you said the rooms at Poly aren’t confirmed yet. Sorry!

In this case I would probably try for Riviera Preferred view first as it will have the most availability. It is a lot of points but not far off of Poly I’m sure. Second I would go BWV pool/garden view. It’s less points and has great transportation options. I believe BWV refurb is scheduled to be completed in April. I don’t think I would go BCV unless the broker miraculously has that many points for BCV now. Availability there is scarce and getting one studio could be challenging.

Last edited:
I would vote BWV. Great location and the best transportation. We stayed at Poly last year and weren’t that impressed. The Riviera is nice but the skyliner would not be my favorite mode of transportation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter