Poly dinner for New Years Eve?

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
We will be at the Poly this coming New Years. I know they have some very expensive special dining at the GF and the CR. Is there anything special going on at the Poly? Do the restaurants like Ohana just have standard fare? I'm looking for a place to dine on New Years and don't really want to go into a park( too crowded for me). We have tween and teen so not looking for fancy fancy. Thanks:)

We were at Ohana several years ago for NYE. This was a trip with friends before any of us had kids. I don't think there was anything special about the meal for NYE, but one thing I can tell you is that the early dinner seating was a dinner for families with kids. There were tons of kids running around and there were games and songs all on a loud speaker. It was really cute and fun to watch, but if you're looking for a more adult NYE dinner at Ohana, go for the later seating.

Ann:earsgirl:

Thanks for the tip. I don't want to be there with a lot of small children. My children are older than that and we want something at least more mixed. I think Ohanas is ok for dinner but very limited to Meat. I was hoping there might be a better place. The GF dinner at Narcoossee's is too adult and expensive for us (don't really want to spend $600 for New year's and the CG at the CR is more expensive. Maybe Citricos would be a better choice or pick a restaurant in the BC/ YC area.:confused:

I'm not sure if you're looking for something extra for NYE or trying to avoid it?? So my two suggestions are if you're looking for restaurants that charge no more than usual.

Have you considered Kona? Really excellent food and the menu is probably the same on NYE. There will most likely be a real mix of parties but it isn't hectic like 'Ohana.

We've only been twice on NYE and like you wanted to avoid the parks. Both times we did HoopdeDoo. The price is the same as any other night and it was fun as always.

I was trying to figure out if there was a special menu for New Years Eve at any of the restaurants especially the Poly or GF but not the two I mentioned because I can't see spending almost $600 for the four of us and I think they might be a little too adult for my kids( I don't think a dance band at the GF would be something they would like). I am also open to suggestions for a restaurant to go to for New Years dinner with out a special menu. I have spent most of my time at the Epcot resorts and will be at the BVC for the first 4 days but then transferring to the Poly for three days and will be there for New Years Eve. So I am looking for a nice place for dinner in that area if it exists.

Last year we stayed at the Dolphin and decided to dine at the UK. We went back to out hotel to watch the fireworks because the crowds were too large. I don't think I could go into the MK and dine there as I believe the park closes erly. This did not happen in Epcot.

So any thoughts? Good idea for the Hoop de doo:)::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter