Poly DVC expansion coming 2024!

I'm not certain why people actually think the majority are sitting empty. :confused3
The bungalows are not sitting empty but they are readily available at 7 months. Just checked availability and they are pretty wide open from July through February, even through Fall Frenzy.

My guess is that this year availability may be harder than usual because people have Pandemic-banked points. After the 2 years we have all lived through perhaps people feel like they might as well splurge on something special, or they will lose the points anyway so they might as well spend them.

The bungalows are not sitting empty but they are readily available at 7 months. Just checked availability and they are pretty wide open from July through February, even through Fall Frenzy.

7 month availability is fine though. That isn't an issue for the system.

Except nobody should intentionally attempt to recreate Waikiki as it is today.
Nobody should try to recreate Waikiki as it was at any time in the last 60 years, but here we are with a Monorail loop that does just that.

Ironically, had Disney completed construction on ALL of the themed hotels originally planned to ring the lagoon, we would have even more disparate architectural styles filling twice as much shore line, with far less buffer space between them.

Nobody should try to recreate Waikiki as it was at any time in the last 60 years, but here we are with a Monorail loop that does just that.

Ironically, had Disney completed construction on ALL of the themed hotels originally planned to ring the lagoon, we would have even more disparate architectural styles filling twice as much shore line, with far less buffer space between them.
I beg to differ! Though of course there’s a high density of hotels in Waikiki, the food, dining and shopping are great, though a tad pricey, and it’s a super fun place to walk around and explore!

Of course Disney was smart enough at the time to not move forward with those original plans. ;)

I was completing my VGF purchase and asked my guide about PBV. He said it would be part of the existing association like VGF. He also said that he was surprised that they already announced it. He also said VGF is selling really well and that he figures that is why the announced it when usually they wait until construction is already ongoing (we laughed about the worst kept secret of BLT).

I was completing my VGF purchase and asked my guide about PBV. He said it would be part of the existing association like VGF. He also said that he was surprised that they already announced it. He also said VGF is selling really well and that he figures that is why the announced it when usually they wait until construction is already ongoing (we laughed about the worst kept secret of BLT).
I hope your guide is right.

We will definitely buy at PVB if it means we have 11-month booking privileges at both the existing and new Poly DVCs. We love the idea of being able to pick between the two at 11 months.

Well my guide, a senior guide, told me that no such information has been shared with them and anyone saying a specific one way or the other is probably guessing. He has always given me hints when he had info even without confirming it.

So, I trust him when he says they have not been sent internal info and we are still getting different answers from different people.

ETA. He also said he’d call me if he gets anything of a hint on when more details would be coming, even if he couldn't release the info itself.

If we only got the Asian, Persian and Venetian Resorts, how exciting Seven Seas Lagoon would have been.

pc1969model.jpg

Attachments

• Disneysvenetianresort.jpg
    Disneysvenetianresort.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 18
  • persian-hotel.jpg
    persian-hotel.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 18
If we only got the Asian, Persian and Venetian Resorts, how exciting Seven Seas Lagoon would have been.

View attachment 655849
Thanks for the images!

What's important to keep in mind is the greenspace that was intentionally included between the originally planned hotels. Thematically, this separated each hotel from each other, allowing them to remain as distinct entities.

With the construction of the original Villas of the Grand Floridian and the new Poly tower, the southwest side of the Seven Seas Lagoon will be one continuous development with 4 distinct clashing motifs (including the Transportation and Ticket Center, which themes better with the Contemporary).

I'm not an architectural purist. However, the southwest side of the Seven Seas Lagoon will become very crowded with clashing architectural styles.

I'm also having a hard time envisioning where the parking for a nine-story tower is going to go. Just compare the size of the lots at BLT, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, or Poly with the small space they appear to be trying to jam this into.

I'm also having a hard time envisioning where the parking for a nine-story tower is going to go. Just compare the size of the lots at BLT, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, or Poly with the small space they appear to be trying to jam this into.

Make me wonder if this thing is going to be smaller than everyone thinks.

Look how massive Riviera looked in the concept art.Disney-Riviera-Resort_Full_34425.jpg

Look how massive Riviera looked in the concept art.View attachment 655858
Yes, the 6.7 million point Riviera was dropped into a massive space. PVB2 can't be the same size (maybe half?):

RIV took up a lot of space but Disney allocated it a lot of space so it would fit.

Based on what we've been told so far, the new Poly DVC is being jammed between the existing Poly and the Wedding Pavillion. Presumably, Disney will add at least some fill to expand into Seven Seas Lagoon, but unless they also close the Wedding Pavillion (in which case the existing VGF will have a big parking lot in front of it), I don't see where the new Poly DVC parking is going to fit. (The current Poly parking lot is pretty full most of the time.)

Here's what that side of VGF looks out to today:

Somehow, Disney is going to fit a 6-to-10 story building past the trees on the left.

The space Disney is adding the new Poly DVC is small:

The parking lot in the upper-left corner is for VGF1. VGF1 is one of the smallest WDW DVCs (2.5 million points) and yet finding a parking spot in that lot often is challenging. Unless they take over the Wedding Pavillion parking lot (and potentially the entire Wedding Pavillion), I just don't see how the new Poly DVC parking is going to fit.

Maybe the building will stretch more toward the bottom of your picture, more toward Aotearoa and less toward the wedding chapel? There is a good bit of green space there that is mainly paths and plants.

So maybe this is a lot smaller? I was having a hard time envisioning where exactly this was going to fit and how it wouldn’t just overwhelm poly and it’s current amenities.

Look how massive Riviera looked in the concept art.View attachment 655858

The RIV concept art showed the correct portion between the pool and the building. We just imagined the pool on par with BCV/PVB, not what it turned out to be. ;)

Applying the same shrinkage factor to the PVB2 concept art -
Screenshot_20220320-102055_Chrome.jpg

If the pool on the left is Riviera adult pool-sized, the building would indeed be fairly compact.

Well my guide, a senior guide, told me that no such information has been shared with them and anyone saying a specific one way or the other is probably guessing. He has always given me hints when he had info even without confirming it.

So, I trust him when he says they have not been sent internal info and we are still getting different answers from different people.

ETA. He also said he’d call me if he gets anything of a hint on when more details would be coming, even if he couldn't release the info itself.
I like Slakk’s guide better. 😉 LOL

Assuming this thing has 150? 200? rooms and is sold as a standalone association it puts around the size of BCV/CCV. If the same association, around OKW/AUL.

For reference, Reflections was supposed to have 900 rooms. :oops:
Source: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-disney-hotel-new-20181018-story.html

Different Association Pros & Cons
Longer Contract 👍
Resale Restrictions 👎
Higher Maintenance Fees 👎
Limited supply of Studios (most popular room type) 👎
Less competition for 1, 2 and 3-bedroom 👍
More confusion (buyers, guides, member services) 👎

Same Association Pros & Cons
Slightly Shorter Contract 👎
No Resale Restrictions 👍
Lower Maintenance Fees 👍
Larger supply of Studios 👍
More competition for 1, 2 and 3-bedrooms 👎
Less confusion (buyers, guides, member services) 👍
Disney gets to sell you a 42 year contract for the price of 50 🤑 👍

I like Slakk’s guide better. 😉 LOL

I reached out to my guide too. He can be the tie breaker.*

* - Disclaimer: He didn't even know that GFV2 was opening in Summer 2022. So, may not be a reliable gauge of direction. 🤣

I re-watched the Reflections announcement today. They made a huge deal about The Princess and The Frog restaurant. Can you imagine them putting that into PVB2? People would riot.

Assuming this thing has 150? 200? rooms and is sold as a standalone association it puts around the size of BCV/CCV. If the same association, around OKW/AUL.

For reference, Reflections was supposed to have 900 rooms. :oops:
Source: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-disney-hotel-new-20181018-story.html

Different Association Pros & Cons
Longer Contract 👍
Resale Restrictions 👎
Higher Maintenance Fees 👎
Limited supply of Studios (most popular room type) 👎
Less competition for 1, 2 and 3-bedroom 👍
More confusion (buyers, guides, member services) 👎

Same Association Pros & Cons
Slightly Shorter Contract 👎
No Resale Restrictions 👍
Lower Maintenance Fees 👍
Larger supply of Studios 👍
More competition for 1, 2 and 3-bedrooms 👎
Less confusion (buyers, guides, member services) 👍
Disney gets to sell you a 42 year contract for the price of 50 🤑 👍

I believe Reflections was going to be both cash and DVC. So, 900 rooms was not all DVC, right???

I think a same association will mean higher fees for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter