Poly noise

dkostel

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a week at the Poly and I love this resort, go for a week every year. My question is are the non-lagoon view rooms any quieter? Twice last week they tested fireworks between 12-1am and it woke me up both times. Second time I thought someone was pounding on my door. I asked to move a couple of years ago because I was close to the ferry dock and could hear the people talking on the ferry (and the horn). What buildings are quieter? i'll give up lagoon view. TIA

Last edited:
They were doing a special preview of the Happily Ever After fireworks show for employee's then that is why you heard them going off so late. Its not a regular occurrence. And yes we heard them and we had a standard view room

Just returned from a week at the Poly and I love this resort, go for a week every year. My question is are the non-lagoon view rooms any quieter? Twice last week they tested fireworks between 12-1am and it woke me up both times. Second time I thought someone was pounding on my door. I asked to move a couple of years ago because I was close to the ferry dock and could hear the people talking on the ferry (and the horn). What buildings are quieter? i'll give up lagoon view. TIA
I stayed in Moorea on the non-lagoon facing side, and although I didn't like the resort (just not into the theme), the room was very quiet.

Cant say we have heard noise at the Poly even with fireworks. We have stayed multiple times DVC and prior in the early 2000 and before. I would say maybe a try a standard view and request Moorea as that will face away from the Lagoon.

Definitely try a standard view room, if you go back. We were close to the ferry dock and will never do that again - horn early, horn late. Just not something we want to experience again. Hoping perhaps the new tower has something to offer that still feels like Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter