Where should we stay?

• Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters

shairpdrh

DIS Veteran
We bought APs for the first time this year and they are burning a hole in my pocket. My husband and I are doing a quick adults only early Sept trip. We will be visiting all four parks to hit the highlights using express transportation. I initially booked the Poly with a great Labor Day deal but have also found a room only discount for the Wilderness Lodge. Both are standard view and the price difference is $25 a night.

My dilemma is that I chose the Poly for the transportation convenience and feel like we got a great price. The only reason for staying at WL other than the lower price is that we are thinking about buying DVC with CCV or BRV as our home resort and my husband has only visited and never stayed there. We plan to do a DVC tour while we are there as well.

Any thoughts on where you would stay if you were our shoes?

If you are thinking about buying DVC at CCV or BRV, I would stay there before you buy there. I love WL. We are doing our first Poly stay next week, so I can't give any sort of first-hand comparison for you. But there is a lot of new stuff at the WL resort because of the addition of CCV. So, you might want to stay there just to get a feel for what all of the new stuff is and if you like it.

Have a great trip!

I vote Poly.

Mainly due to the fact that you will be visiting in September, so Food & Wine festival will be going on and being right next to the TTC to get on the monorail to Epcot is a huge plus!

Bigger rooms, more transportation options, Trader Sams, fireworks from Poly beach and more!

Poly > Wilderness Lodge ;)

some may disagree with me.

I have similar opinions as @aleh021. I'd keep Poly personally. Plan another trip to come back for WL to give it a try. Maybe during the holidays when you enjoy the Lodge decorations and a MK holiday party. :-)

We love WL and have stayed there often. I always recommend it. We also love the Poly. I would keep the Poly and visit the lodge (mainly because it sounds like you got a good deal).

We've been to both and I prefer WL. The food is IMO better at WL and I like the theming more (and I love HI). But, you haven't been to Poly, you should go for easy access to try Trader Sam's and to just experience it. The monorail is nice, too!

Take an evening and spend it at WL, get dinner at geyser point or in territory lounge and also take a tour of the studio. That may help if you want to keep poly. I'm not sure if I'd need to stay overnight. The boat transport if nice and the busses are ok, if that is a concern.

Is it possible to do a split stay? If you're thinking about buying DVC at WL, then it would be a good idea to stay there first. The Poly, however is just an amazing resort and, since it's just you and your DH, I, personally, would try to stay there. I think the Poly is so romantic and would be a great vacation.

Is it possible to do a split stay? If you're thinking about buying DVC at WL, then it would be a good idea to stay there first. The Poly, however is just an amazing resort and, since it's just you and your DH, I, personally, would try to stay there. I think the Poly is so romantic and would be a great vacation.
This sounds like a really great idea; I know you said it's a quick trip but you also said it's adults-only so theoretically it shouldn't be too difficult of a switch....

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the feedback and opinions. I think in the end we will go with the Poly and look forward to WL for many future vacations!

If you are thinking about buying DVC at CCV or BRV, I would stay there before you buy there. I love WL. We are doing our first Poly stay next week, so I can't give any sort of first-hand comparison for you. But there is a lot of new stuff at the WL resort because of the addition of CCV. So, you might want to stay there just to get a feel for what all of the new stuff is and if you like it.

Have a great trip!

Thank you! Great point about the new features. We actually cancelled our last stay at WL because of the construction and I missed it!

I vote Poly.

Mainly due to the fact that you will be visiting in September, so Food & Wine festival will be going on and being right next to the TTC to get on the monorail to Epcot is a huge plus!

Bigger rooms, more transportation options, Trader Sams, fireworks from Poly beach and more!

Poly > Wilderness Lodge ;)

some may disagree with me.

Thanks! I think the Food & Wine Festival will be what keeps us at the Poly this time.

I have similar opinions as @aleh021. I'd keep Poly personally. Plan another trip to come back for WL to give it a try. Maybe during the holidays when you enjoy the Lodge decorations and a MK holiday party. :-)

I would choose WL over Poly at the holidays without question The decorations during the holidays are definitely a selling point when looking at DVC options!

We love WL and have stayed there often. I always recommend it. We also love the Poly. I would keep the Poly and visit the lodge (mainly because it sounds like you got a good deal).

I think the deal and access to Food & Wine are what will keep us at the Poly this time.

We've been to both and I prefer WL. The food is IMO better at WL and I like the theming more (and I love HI). But, you haven't been to Poly, you should go for easy access to try Trader Sam's and to just experience it. The monorail is nice, too!

Take an evening and spend it at WL, get dinner at geyser point or in territory lounge and also take a tour of the studio. That may help if you want to keep poly. I'm not sure if I'd need to stay overnight. The boat transport if nice and the busses are ok, if that is a concern.

Thanks! I think we have decided to stick with Poly and tour WL as you suggested. We will likely stay at WL on most visits if we buy DVC, so the will be a good chance to do something different.

This sounds like a really great idea; I know you said it's a quick trip but you also said it's adults-only so theoretically it shouldn't be too difficult of a switch....

Great idea! I would do a split stay in a second, but my husband specifically said no since we always seem to end up changing hotels!

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the feedback and opinions. I think in the end we will go with the Poly and look forward to WL for many future vacations!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We've stayed at both and while we do love the WL, the Poly is our favorite. The WL is beautiful, but the tropical atmosphere at the Poly is so relaxing and you can't beat seeing the castle every day. The Poly is also more convenient for getting to Epcot for F&W :).

I don't think you will be disappointed, either. You'll still get to tour the WL and get to see their decorations and it's great that you got a great deal at the Poly!

I completely understand about the split stay; I'm usually willing to do it, but my husband doesn't want to switch, even during a long stay. (I understand that he wants to relax, though.) We sort of make up for it with a lot of meals at other resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter