• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly resale now vs waiting for Poly2

BaymaxForever

The amulet is green...it’s probably an emerald...
Million dollar question, right?!
Seeing as the poly speculation threads are my favorite in a while….

Looking to buy first resale 100-125 points soon. Mainly looking at going every other year plus a short trip occasionally. Can’t decide whether to put in an offer now or wait until the new resort goes on sale and work towards blue card benefits. Not sure what resale prices will do when new resort goes on sale.

Poly is buy where we want to stay. AKV is buy where we are okay with staying, so am looking there as well (maybe up to 150 pts there).

Any thoughts? Decisions, decisions….

I would wait and see what happens and see if Poly 1.0 is the same association as the new Tower. I think that prices for Poly 1.0 resale contracts will go lower if it isn't the same association, and if it is in the same association I think the current resale prices will stay the same. DVC might have some incentives that make it almost the same price as resale, like what happened with VGF.

I would wait and see what happens and see if Poly 1.0 is the same association as the new Tower. I think that prices for Poly 1.0 resale contracts will go lower if it isn't the same association, and if it is in the same association I think the current resale prices will stay the same. DVC might have some incentives that make it almost the same price as resale, like what happened with VGF.
I think its priced in that its not the same association. So, if it turns out that it is, I expect the prices to jump, with the assumption the offering will be in the $200 range. I just dont see much downside other than current market selling pressure.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I bought VGF at $195/pp just before the pricing was made public........ I could have paid that price for new direct points, and probably paid $30/pp more than I needed to.

But I also think the economy will be slowing down even more next year which will drive all prices for DVC down.

Million dollar question, right?!
Seeing as the poly speculation threads are my favorite in a while….

Looking to buy first resale 100-125 points soon. Mainly looking at going every other year plus a short trip occasionally. Can’t decide whether to put in an offer now or wait until the new resort goes on sale and work towards blue card benefits. Not sure what resale prices will do when new resort goes on sale.

Poly is buy where we want to stay. AKV is buy where we are okay with staying, so am looking there as well (maybe up to 150 pts there).

Any thoughts? Decisions, decisions….
If there's any interest whatsoever in staying in the tower, I'd wait for the official announcement regarding association. It's too much money to gamble with and then find out later on you can't use the points where you want to. If you only care about the studios and bungalows, then by all means buy resale. But if you need direct points for blue card benefits and want to stay at the tower, it's pretty much a no brainer to just wait.

Do you want access to the new tower? If you will be disappointed to be locked out of those rooms, I would wait to buy PVB until it’s known whether resale points will work there

If you could care less about the new rooms, then pricing for resale are really good right now.

If you don’t already have direct benefits and value them, I’d just wait. Same if you value staying in the tower over the existing studios.

We already had 200 direct VGF and I just bought 110 Poly resale. I like the studio, I want to stay in the studios, I used my VGF points at the studios!
It doesn’t make much difference for me if it’s new or same association since I have direct points and existing Poly studio points, I can stay in both using VGF points at 7 months.

If you don’t already have direct benefits and value them, I’d just wait. Same if you value staying in the tower over the existing studios.

We already had 200 direct VGF and I just bought 110 Poly resale. I like the studio, I want to stay in the studios, I used my VGF points at the studios!
It doesn’t make much difference for me if it’s new or same association since I have direct points and existing Poly studio points, I can stay in both using VGF points at 7 months.
Agree with everything Nicole said above. But also, I believe I read DVD will release its next round of incentives on Halloween, so you might want to see what they are—especially if you’d be OK with AKV (not sure how many AKV points Disney is still sitting on after their last sale, but I would definitely wait a week to find out).

Thank you all for your replies!

At this point in time, we are pretty much studio people, not looking at needing bigger rooms. We like the current poly studios and prefer to stay there, have rented at other DVC resorts (including 2-bedroom), and like the 2 bathrooms at poly.

How would I know if there are any incentives on AKL direct purchase?

At this point in time, we are pretty much studio people, not looking at needing bigger rooms. We like the current poly studios and prefer to stay there, have rented at other DVC resorts (including 2-bedroom), and like the 2 bathrooms at poly.

Once they release the new round next week for the current active resorts, if they do, someone will post here…or you can call and find out.

They did an incentive for AKV in the spring so I would be surprised to see another one..but you never know!!

Based on what you're saying, if it's in the cards I would consider a (small?) resale AKV contract paired with maybe a direct Poly contract. You'll get better pricing on Poly once it goes into active sales if you're already a member even if it's through resale. You'll also be able to choose the UY of your choice when you do buy direct.

The only major downside is you wouldn't be able to use your AKV resale points at any of the newer resorts including CFW, RIV, VDH and potentially Poly tower.

One option is to keep tabs of PVB resale offers on all of the broker sites, so that you are in a position to IMMEDIATELY make a full-price offer on a contract that appeals to you the second it is confirmed that the new tower will be part of the same association, if this actually happens. Because in that event, PVB1 resale prices will jump significantly, but if a reseller has a contract already listed they may still agree to honor the existing asking price.

One option is to keep tabs of PVB resale offers on all of the broker sites, so that you are in a position to IMMEDIATELY make a full-price offer on a contract that appeals to you the second it is confirmed that the new tower will be part of the same association, if this actually happens. Because in that event, PVB1 resale prices will jump significantly, but if a reseller has a contract already listed they may still agree to honor the existing asking price.
Technically if the seller receives a full price offer, I think they'd have to pay the broker fee if they backed out. This way they can't turn around and are like now that I know the association is the same I want more money. So it may be better to offer the full price so they can't run away without taking a loss 🤔 :P

Technically if the seller receives a full price offer, I think they'd have to pay the broker fee if they backed out. This way they can't turn around and are like now that I know the association is the same I want more money. So it may be better to offer the full price so they can't run away without taking a loss 🤔 :P
I suspect that the appreciation in value due to being in the same association would be more than any broker fee, so that even if they had to eat the fee the seller would probably come out ahead by reneging. But hopefully they would do the right thing and stand by their offering price.

If it is the same association and Poly prices jump unreasonably I would just take my chances at booking at 7 months.

I wonder how it would impact BLT or GFV prices.

Thinking I will wait until Tuesday to see what the incentives are, and then start making offers again if the incentives aren’t what I’m looking for. Thanks again!

Wouldnt it be silly to NOT be same association??
If it’s not the same then the point chart can’t change much for bungalows, don’t we think that is part of the reason they would want it to be the same? Isn’t that a huge factor here?

If it’s not the same then the point chart can’t change much for bungalows, don’t we think that is part of the reason they would want it to be the same? Isn’t that a huge factor here?
Can they even move points from the bungalows to the tower? I would think from Disney's standpoint they care about the points being SOLD not used which the points attached to the bungalow were. They have their money from owners paying dues on points attached to the bungalows already. In fact, the more rooms there are like the bungalows means more rooms they can get reimbursed through DVC for and then sell for cash because they know these rooms are so expensive that hardly anyone will book them.

I don’t think DVD believes there is a bungalow problem. Others do.

Even if they are allowed to reallocate across the whole resort…some believe they can’t…I dont think they see that as necessary.

The association decision…which I think is decided…was based on whether they want a new resort with restrictions or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter